Direct TV / billing dispute

1 Cornelius, NC, United States Review updated:

For any billing problems/early cancelation charges call the directv home office in el segundo, ca. The phone # is [protected]. Ask for bobby vernon. He works in the office of the president as the cusomer care manager for directv.

He has the authority to correct all the billing mistakes and you do not get the run around from the customer service call center and being placed on hold for what seems like for ever.

Ma
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ti
      1st of Feb, 2019

DON'T EVER TRY TO BUNDLE: BAIT AND SWITCH!!!

I had AT&T and Direct TV representative come to my house in Nov 2018 offering a bundled package for TV and Internet, along with a $100 gift card at sign up. All installation was to be waived and bill was to be a "Bundled Package". The offer was $130.00 for the first month and thereafter to be $105 per month.

When I received the bill, internet and Tv was not bundled and also did not reflect the agreed to pricing. Further, the internet was not installed the same day and I had to call to have it scheduled, even though it was supposed to be done the same day. Not only had I confirmed a "bundled Package" via phone prior to installation, but called immediately to rectify the matter. Even after the internet installation date; it took them 2 more weeks to come out and bury the line they had running from the backyard to the front yard posing a safety hazard
    on multiple occasions for myself and my tenant. Ultimately, on 12/30/18, they came back out and threw the line towards my neighbor's property over the fence instead of burying it as they had agreed.

Subsequently I have received bills for the amounts of $217.55l, $250.00, $209.92.
    I have talked to Shakira in combined billing who told me I must pay the outstanding amount before they will bundle my package. Since that amount was exorbitantly higher than the bundle package agreed to, I refused, stating that would be agreeing to the new contract that I did not sign up for nor agreed to. Why would I pay for a bill I do not owe. During this process I have talked to Brandi, Remi, Niya, Karoni, Shakira and multiple others multiple days and both departments of At&T and Direct Tv.

Each corporate entity tells me I must talk to the other one first to resolve this matter, and states ultimately they can do nothing until the original bill is paid. I have made multiple calls in Nov, Dec and Jan to resolve this matter. I have given the correct phone number at the original sign up and each time I call, the old phone number is still in the system. On each of those calls, I have been transferred from Direct TV to [email protected] and back to Direct Tv again, only to be told to pay an erroneous bill before I can have the items bundled. However, it's a long learning curve for your customer service reps to understand what happened after explaining to each one. They cannot make sense of their own online information listed on their computers.

Since At&T and Direct TV have refused to honor the original bundled contract, I had no confidence they would do the same once I paid any "alledged" outstanding amount. This is clearly a bait and switch. I am terminating my service and do not care to do business with [email protected] and Direct TV any longer. The amount of time spent on the phone to resolve this matter has been a hardship and unreasonable that these companies do this and then expect you owe them. I only want what I signed up for. Shame on you both.

Regards, Susan Scott

Direct TV installed Nov 17
    [email protected] completed installed 12/30

Reply, Reply All or Forward

19th of Mar, 2018

Broke my two year contract in 2017 been on it one year was told I could come back as long as I finish it. Well come to find out when I cancelled today they put me in a new two year contract without my knowing. So they say I owe 280 dollars wow liars so done with them forever. United States baby

• Gu
      24th of Oct, 2017

I AM VERY ANGRY AND SLEEPLESS NIGHTS HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY GOING BACK ON A SIGNED CONTRACT.
    IN JAN 2016 I CALLED AND SPOKE TO ONE OF YOUR AGENTS. I WAS ASSURED A TWO YEAR PLAN FOR $29.99. YOU BEGAN OVERCHARGING. THUS I CALLED AND CLARIFIED OVER CHARGES BUT THEY CONTTINUED. THEN AFTER ONE YER DIRECT TV BEGAN NOT ABIDING BY THE SIGNED 2 YEAR CONTRACT AND BEGAN CHARGING $50.81.
    REITERATING, MANY TIMES I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CLEAR MANY ERRORS.
    SERVICES HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED SINCE ALL OF MY ATTEMPTS HAVE BEEN TO NO AVAIL.
    PLEASE COME & TAKE YOUR DISH, BOX, CONTROLS AND CABLES.
    IF I HAD KNOWN YOUR CO. BELONGED TO AT&T I WOULD HAD NEVER CALLED NOR REFERRED A FRIEND. BY THE WAY YOU WERE SUBTRACTING $100 FOR REFERRING A FRIEND. YOU ALSO AT FIRST PROMISSED A $100 VISA WHICH WAS NEVER SENT.
    I EXPECT A LETTER ITHAT I OWE NOTHING AND THAT MY ACCOUNT POSITIVELY CLEARED AND CLOSED WITH 0 BALANCE

3rd of Sep, 2017

Salvador Arzola Acct. 29118804 On Aug. 12/17 I had service installed @ 933 East 23rd. Street #A My contact is (323) 632-7980 I was told that I would not have to pay nothing. At the the time of Install The direct TV Tech : Jose Morataya said there would be a special install charge of $80.00 at that time I phoned the Sales Rep that signed me up for service. Named Kyle Buckett (949) 842-1535 in our conversation Kyle said He would get my $80.00 refunded. Since then I've made many attempts to communicate with Kyle. At this point Kyle said he has send my information to His Boss. Now Kyle said it's out of His hand. This is VERY unprofessional and I do not do business like this. I had Charter and if this was going to be a problem I would have cancelled the install being that Charter was still connected. I am enjoying DIRECT TV very much, BUT it's not the was I do business I Understand the Kyle needed to make the Sale but He does not need to mislead new Customer. I do not want to cancel my Direct TV service BUT, I don't appreciate feeling that I'm getting messed with. See attached copy for $80.00 cashed by Tech that did the Installed.

• Ln
      24th of Jul, 2017

anna lanaute paid her bill thur driect tv my account#159309013 TODAY AS OF JULY 24, 2017 BETWEEN 1:30 I PAID 53.35 PLUS 5.00 TOTAL OF 58.35 WAS PAY ON A DEBT CARD AND MY SERVICE IS STILL OFF. I CALL NUMERALS AGENTS AND THEY TOOK ME THAT I HAVE TO FILE DISPUTE TO BE CUT BY ON TODAY. I WONDER HOW LONG IT WILL BE BEFORE MY SERVICE COME BACK ON.

• Wi
      15th of Jun, 2017

I received an email let's make it right for you, son I called to clear up a problem with my bill and it turned into a bad situation. Costumer service rep and I got into an argument.. I have been a direct tv costumer for over 10 years. I love direct tv but it got so bad I canceled my service and sent back my equipment. I received an email from direct tv saying let us help you and i called. It turned out they didn't want to help me they said nope can't help you but you owe us we want our money. I told him I didn't have a problem paying my bill but the email said let us make it right. But he didn't even offer to make it right. he said just pay your bill.. Very angry!!!

21st of May, 2017

Total thieves. They charged us an early termination fee... AFTER being with them for 4 years... Why because we made a programming change. We added additional channels 3.5 years later, then sold our home 5 months after programming change. If you make any program change even years after initial contract is expired they steal money from your bank. Beyond thievery. For $21.00 they lost a customer that over our 4 year period spent approximately 6k... Never would refer them to anyone. Auto pay... Therefore never late... Building a new home... Guess who we WILL NOT BE USING..

• Mi
      3rd of May, 2017

I have got no help at all from direct tv& ATT. Someone has used my credit card to pay their AT&T bill & Direct TV bill. As of right now payments are pending & Both company's will not put a stop payment of any sort, will not even investigte, flag accounts as suspicious payments. They are going to take my money first (stolen credit card, fruadulent payment) & then said I can file a dispute. I had the credit card company on the phone ( 3 way calling) & they would not even look @ it. All the other Companies stop the shipping, or flag accounts as fraudulent. It feels like they are working with the scammers & helping the thieves not the victims!!! Very much bad Companies!!!

• Da
      9th of Apr, 2017

My name is Davita Hopkins I was once a customer of DirecTV okay. I am no longer a DirecTV customer and they turn and Bill my card 437. I am disputing this because I am no longer a customer of DirecTV when I ask for my money back and why am I being billed they're telling me that is impossible due to the fact they erased my card information that was on file I want my money back immediately and I think that this action is fraudulent activity on their behalf someone please help me in this manner

29th of Mar, 2017

I have relocated from Stockton CA to Lakewood WA on December 2016, I called in many times regarding cancelling this account, I was reminded of early cancellation fees, so I called to have someone come over to hook up a dish so I could have my services, the worker who came could not provide service due to weather, I sign something on his machine to state that he was here but service not provided plus there was nothing from Landlord to approve installation of any equipment on his property, I wasn't aware of such needed approval to have before installation, so none was done during that month. I called back again regarding some payment on January 27, 2017, It was mentioned to me that all was settled and was brought to my attention that day that I was due back some refund of overpayment. Now today March 28, 2017, I called back to follow up on that refund and now I'm at fault of early cancellation, this is ridiculous, I should have been told to get something by the Landlord to state a yes or no before technician came out instead of making me believe that just a word of mouth was legit, it would've been sign if it was needed and mentioned to me ahead of time. I should still get what was due back to me. account #8265497

•   3rd of Feb, 2017

ACCT: 8196453
    Deltona, FL 32725
    [removed]
    I am disputing an unauthorized charge to my checking account for the amount of $284.21(two-hundred eighty four dollars and twenty-one cents). When I made the deposit for the service on December 24, 2016, I requested that after the deposit I made with my debit card, in which the debit card was to be removed from the DIRECTV account. The specialist advised me to wait until the account was active and call back to remove that account number ending in 7100. When the account became active on December 26, 2016 I called DIRECTV back and provided them with the visa credit card ending in 0178, to set up the auto pay. I also requested that the specialist delete my debit card ending in 7100, and was assured that it was deleted. To my surprise my checking account was debited $284.21(two-hundred eighty four dollars and twenty-one cents) on January 8, 2017.
    I called DIRECTV and asked for the funds to be put back in my account; I was told by a supervisor that it would be refunded into my account within seven days. Despite what the supervisor told me, I received an email from DIRECTV informing me that my refund was only $29.59(twenty-nine dollars and fifty-nine cents). I called DIRECTV to find out why I got $29.59(twenty-nine dollars and fifty-nine cents) instead of my refund for $284.21(two-hundred eighty four dollars and twenty-one cents). After several calls I was told by a supervisor in San Antonio that the reason I didn’t get the full refund is that I had to send the equipment back. He stated that once I sent the equipment back the remaining balance of $254.62(two-hundred fifty four dollars and sixty-two cents) will be refunded to me by a visa card. He also said he will be sending out a recovery box; however I did not get the box within the timeframe of seven days that the supervisor stated. So I called to let DIRECTV know I did not receive the box, and the specialist in San Antonio told me the box was at my local post office and then expressed to me that he would send me a new kit to ensure that I did receive the box.
    I visited my local post office to find out that the box was not there. Shortly after, I called DIRECTV on February 3, 2017. After speaking to a specialist in the Philippians, I found out the recovery box was never sent. This is very frustrating for me; it seems like every time I call DIRECTV each specialist has a different story about my account. NO ONE IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ACCOUNT. I don’t understand how I am offered more money to come back to DIRECTV than giving me my two-hundred eighty four dollars, and twenty-one cents back. If you view my account, and also listen to the calls from the time my account opened to today’s date and see how my account was opened from day one with miss information and false direction. I don’t understand why DIRECTV is putting me through such HELL to get my refund. Please look into this matter, my next form of action is to inform the better business bureau, and small claims court.
    This is not right what this company is doing, and I know for a fact that if I ask the company to delete an account number from my file. THAT MEANS YOU DO NOT HAVE AUTHORIZATION TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF THAT ACCOUNRT!, after the specialist reassured me that it was deleted. After several calls and speaking to several supervisors I was informed that the only way a form of payment (debit/visa card/checking account) can be deleted is by closing the account. Please resolve this issue. Thank You.

• Na
      20th of Jan, 2017

I have just checked my bank account today and seen that there was a $359 debit from my account from DirecTv. I am guessing that this was for the early termination fee but I tried explaining to them that I had spoke with someone previously about making payments to pay the fee. BecUse I couldn't afford to pay for it all at once. I have a screenshot showing what an employee had told me in a chat and told be my account wouldn't be automatically charged. Now I'm $450 short on my mortgage fir this month and I've tried to call customer service but keep getting runaround and saying there is nothing that they can do. Does anyone think that by calling this number they would refund me the money they took out?

• Re
      4th of Jan, 2017

I am a very PISSED OFF customer. I upgraded my package the beginning of September 2016 to the Entertainment package. Then I was offered a trial channel promotion containing the Hallmark channel, Play boy and one other channel .Then on Sept.26th 2016 I called to cancel these channels as well as change my package back to the Select package provided at that time. The rep told me starting Nov. 2016 would start my Select package. In Nov.2016 I received my ATT&T bill but it did not have my Direct TV on that bill ATT&T told me that the bills had been divided until after the 1st of the year, So I did NOT receive a bill from Direct TV for 2 months. I finally received a bill from Direct TV after I called and spoke to a supervisor then she lowered my package to the Family plan starting Feb.2017. Once I received my bill this month I found that I have been charged for Play boy channel for 3 months as well as I have been charged for the Entertainment plan for the months of Nov. and Dec.2016. when I called to have these things fixed and credited back to my account I was told there was no records of me requesting the playboy channel to be removed nor was there any record of requesting to be moved back to my Select package. So I have been charged $41.99 for two months and $15.99 for three months. so all together $83.98 for the Entertainment package charge and then $47.97 for the playboy channel for three months... That brings the grand total to $131.95 over charge. I don't even watch the PLAY BOY channel!!! When I called on 01-04-17 I spoke to a Nathan and then I asked to speak to the supervisor and her name was Maria (MS331X) is her operator code. Maria was no help and was not understanding of the issue... I do know that when my agreement is up with this company I WILL NOT renew with this company and I will be sure to inform everyone I know about the BAD business this company does as well as all my multi media friends and family... What a great way to start the NEW YEAR!!!
    THANK YOU FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!
    Rebecca Teal 01/04/2017

1st of Jan, 2017

I think is bad business that direct tv would pull a stunt like this to it customers on New Years day with channels taken away i thimk it s time we show them to go elsewhere for programing.

• Ro
      21st of Oct, 2016

my name is Robert Hamilton, inquiring about incident # 160919-000372. I have not received as promised
    funds to my account which has already been solved

• Ta
      4th of Aug, 2016

To who it may concern .. My bill is due to be took out of my checking account on the 16 of every month sent I sign up with direct TV. It has been going good until, now on my end it said that it went through I get a call on 8/4/2016 saying that it didn't go through. Wondering why it took 2 weeks for them to get in touch with me? my account has always been paid on time. I do not feel like this is my fought, this on your end not mines.

• Ni
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Direct TV - Bill Dispute

This is an old account 80018265 in my name (Nitanja Barnes) in the amount of $879.55, at the address of 5836 Hickory Commons, Memphis, TN 38141. I am disputing this bill because we sent the receivers back in the boxes that was provided for us. I was set up to get service at my address now when I called on Sunday everything was a go but then on Monday that is when the bill came up. I want to know how this bill is some much and I sent the equipment back to you. This is not making at sense so please take this off my credit because I do not owe this bill. This is really about the billing of the equipment.

Nitanja Barnes
    901-249-7093

• Jy
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Direct TV - Biiling

Estuve con Direct TV por as de 24 meses(2007-2009).Primeramente la instalacion es una basura no tiene nada de profesional como ellos dicen hoy mismo acabo de tomar fotos de la instalacion de mi casa tan horrible.Yo les reclame al principio acerca de la instalacion pero nunca vino un supervisor ni me llamo nadie para preocuparse de mi queja.Al pasar unos cuantos meses dejaron de funcionar varios canales, les llamo para reportar el problema pero resulta que el dish estaba desaliniado y que por eso no se miraban los canales.El costo para arreglar el dish era de $80.00. Yo no lo arregle no creo que era algo justo .Bueno cumpli mi contrato y pase mas meses con ellos. Decido cambiar de compania primero para cancelar es un dolor de cabeza porque te offrecen viilas y castillas, porque no me ayudaron antes!!!Bueno para resumir despues de cancelar a los dos meses me envian una cuenta de $47.00 por supuestamente una tres peliculas que se vieron en pay per view en el mismo dia en el 2007 que no las cobraron antes porque supuestamente no estaba conectado el telefono y que ahora cuando devolvimos los recibidores fueron que verificaron la tarjeta y nos mandaron el bill.Pienso que esto es ridiculo con la tecnologia tan adelantada si asi como supuestamente se bajaron las peliculas haci mismo ellos debieron saber y cobrar en el 2007 no en el 2009.Pero no tan solo eso sino que eso tiene codigo para autorizar la pelicula y peor aun Yo NO vi ni pedi las peliculas que ellos estan reclamando ahora despues de tanto tiempo.Son ridiculos y absurdos y nadie en mi familia, amigos o conocidos recibiran recomendacion mia hacia ellos al contrario no se atrevan USAR DIRECTV.

4th of Apr, 2016

In March 2016, I rec'd my bank statement. I had been staying with my sister after surgery and did not look at Jan. and Feb. bank statements. There were 4 charges on my bank statement that I did not authorize. I went to the bank to dispute it but because I did not dispute the first 2 charges, they said it was my responsibility to get the charges reversed. I called DirecTV and spoke with Maria who stated I needed to speak with someone in a different department. She gave me the number " in case we get disconnected". We did get disconnected so I called back to the number Maria gave me. I was informed I had the wrong department. I was given another phone number which I called. There I was told to go to DirecTV web site and file a complaint. What a run around. At least for April 2016, I will not be paying for someone else's DirecTV bill.

• Cr
      24th of Feb, 2016

I payed 321 dollars on the 18 of February 2016 for DRTV here's the photo were the money was taken out and there trying to credit me 28 dollars that the system says they only took 28 $ out I don't think so