Direct TV / free & 30 trial!

1 Connecticut, United States

I am disputing the charges from DirectTV for $477.85 on 1/26/08. On December 13th 2007 I had DirectTV installed in my home. The reason I tried DTV was because they were doing a year-end promotion. The promotion was $39.99 for one year with a $20 off coupon per month for that time. They also had a 30-day return policy for this promotion. Obviously it was too good to pass up so we had it installed while keeping our regular cable company just in case since we had thirty days. On December 25th I emailed them (emails attached) to cancel the service, within the 30-day trial. I then saw on January 26th they charged me the above amount. I called and talked to Clover who stated I was correct and she would forward the email to the Management team for evaluation. I followed up with a email on their website inquiring about all this and never received a response back. Of course, you cannot get a copy of the contract you originally “signed” on line at the time of sign-up. So it is hard for me to prove this since it is not available to me.

This practice is unacceptable by DTV and I refuse to give them what they are NOT due. They are a bunch of lying thieves and no one in the legal system seems to care!

Ma