Direct TV / no signal

1 Chesapeake, VA, United States

12-16-10 we had snow today that ended at 12 noon. I get home from work at about 4:30 and have no Direct tv signal. I do all the typical routine to get the signal back and cannot get it back! So I call once and only get to a computer and they lead me through the steps I have already tried. So i call back after I get the kids fed, etc. I talk to a lady who tells me the cable from the dish is unplugged somewhere. I go to all three receivers and nothing is unplugged. The TV worked when I went to work and nobody was home all day. It started to lightly rain about 12 noon to 3pm. When I got home the temperature was 38-39 degrees. So the rain was not freezing. After listening with the computer I went up to the dish and cleared it of any snow/ice. I call back and talk to a lady who didn't help so I asked that a service technician come out to fix the issue. She said she could not do that because of the weather. I told her it didn't matter what day, i'll take the appointment next week. Finally I asked her for her supervisor and she put me through to a guy named Brandon who identified himself (i have his employee # if anyone wants to see it). He told me if the problem was from noon on why was I just calling at 6:30 or so? I told him I called earlier when I got home from work and what did it matter what time I called? He said that it was reading 31 degrees and that the rain is freezing so I informed him that at 4:30 it was above freezing so the freezing rain does not hold water in this case (and I cleaned off the dish!). I asked him if I could schedule a technician (not today, in the next couple of weeks) and he told me no that they reserve technician visits for customers who have real issues! so I ask for his supervisor and he rattles off like 10 different names (Ralston, Chris, Ulysses, etc., etc.) but would not connect me to any of them! Amazingly the minute I hung up the phone with this jerk the Direct tv signal comes back. Coincidence? Don't think so... AWFUL customer service and the supervisor was 10x worse than the initial agent.