Direct TV / refund of monies due

1 Cedar City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 435-865-7054

I am a disabled senior citizen living on a fixed income. After a year of bad service, bogus charges, etc I cancelled my DirecTV service. I notified them 2 weeks in advance. The boxes for returning the equipment arrived 2 weeks after the cancellation and were damaged. I called DirecTV and asked if they wanted their equipment returned in damaged boxes. They said no and would send out new boxes. I was out of town over the holidays and when I returned I found the boxes and returned them the same day. DirecTV received their equipment back on the 21st then on the 23rd they took the equipment charge out of my bank account without authorization. Now it's over a month later and still they haven't returned my money. I can not afford to wait any longer. I've called and talked with numerous people, each of whom has EXPEDITED the refund...NOT!!! I plan on filing a complaint with the BBB and notifying the local TV & Radio. This is ridiculous. They committed fraud when they charged me for equipment they already had in their possession and had already "logged" into their system. I will never do business with them again and I advise everyone else to steer clear too.

Comments

• Sh
      12th of Nov, 2010

It might have taken me a couple of months but I finally got my money back that Direct TV stole out of my account and everyone else needs to do the same thing and run Direct TV out of Central Florida. They are nothing but out and out theives!!! You can do this one of 2 ways. First send an email to Ellen Fillpiat, who is the Vice President of Direct TV in Idaho, @ ellen.fillpiat@directv.com or customervocfollowup@directv.com ATTN: Mara. Or you can reach Mara @ this number (208) 363-6015, and tell her how much they stole from your accounts. She is the one who can give you a refund. They stole $680.28 from me and she refunded me $571.17, which was my balance after my final bill. But it is my belief that ALL of us should get together and file a class action suit against Direct TV for damages and personal injury for what we have had to endure over these thefts. I have an attorney who is willing to go to court against them. But if you want your money back get it back the same way I did.