Direct TV / useless service

Aprox. a month and a half ago my direct tv receiver died and I had them send me a new one. On 7/20/08 my direct tv receiver stopped working again and was displaying erreor code 761 (insert access card) after calling direct tv and going thru their troubleshooting process my system still did not work. They said they would send me an access card and it would arrive no later than 7/23/08. It did not arrive by then. Between the 23rd and the 26th of July myself and my wife called to find out where our card was. We were told that it was sent, that it wasn't sent, that direct tv had no cards and that it was the card manufacturers fault. When I got home from work on the 25th my wife was on the phone with them trying to find out where our card was. When she got understandably upset with them the rep told her she was crazy. When she asked to speak to a supervisor they put her on hold for over an hour until she finally got frustrated and hung up. I suspected that the card was not the problem but that the machine itself was the problem. I told them so on the 26th and asked them since they still had not sent me my card to just send me a new system and card. They of course refused. Today, the 29th, I finally got the card. Did it work? Of course not, after having them walk me through a bunch of useless stuff they determined that it was the dvr. Imagine that!. So now I have to wait until Friday until they send me a new machine. Whatever you do, I would advise you to purchase anyones tv service except Direct TV. I guarantee you you will be sorry.

Comments

• Ke
      17th of Jun, 2010

Please help please help Please help
    Where can we file a complaint about Direct T.V who is running a big scam to consumers, a cheating flyer with 29.99 flat fees a month every Medias right now?

Kent phh