Direct TV / scam selling

I have a bundled service with AT&T for satellite (Dish Network). I got the service last year after I dropped cable. I recently had a reception problem on my TVs, and called the support line which was on a little sticker on the side of my Dish satellite box, placed there by the installer. I reached the support center, and explained my reception problem, and was transferred to another number and I thought I was talking to a support technician.

He assisted me getting the reception corrected, and asked me what kind of box I had and when I told him, he insisted that the box was obsolete and I needed to upgrade to a new box which would give me more channels and improve reception. He offered to send me out another box, dish, and I would pay $29 for the shipping. I agreed, believing he referred to DISH NETWORK. DUH! When the box arrived, I saw that it said Direct TV on the box.

A few days later UPS delivered a box while I wasn't home and when I saw it - it was a Direct TV box. Without opening it, I called Direct TV and of course, could get NO ONE on the phone. You can imagine how angry I was and called them repeatedly to ask why I got a Direct TV box but there was no answer. Finally I reached someone and had to fight with them for TWO days to get the whole thing cancelled. They claim that I agreed to contract with Direct TV and my contention was why in the world would I do that when I already had a contract with DISH???? And why would I risk being penalized for who knows how much money? Originally I was just calling about getting my reception corrected, how did that turn into my being switched from DISH to Direct TV?

I was literally screaming my head off to anyone, the manager, the technician, the supervisor over there at Direct TV. I think they are scammers, liars and frauds.

I called Direct TV back again today and was told that my so called 'account' with Direct TV would be cancelled and I need only to return the Direct TV box unopened. It sits in my living room and UPS is still not here to pick it up. There's another pain in you the know what. A delivery service that DOESN'T deliver! What else is new?

Dj

Comments

• Ke
      17th of Jun, 2010

Please stand up together we can make a right thing
    We will open a campaign to force Direct TV to provide their services to consumers rightful and Direct T V should obey the fed or/and state regulation that should protect consumers. Direct TV, They are running a big scam right now by giving out misleading information and flyers all over Medias. By many and many scams from Direct TV’ false advertisement, wrong billing, poor and incompetent customer service, Unauthorized over charge, cancelation fee and 24 hours only policy for cancelation, Harassing calls, scam selling, roof damage and more to notice. It is ridiculous for consumers that are allowed only 24 hours to cancel the services from the first day installation if consumers are not satisfied.
    We need stand up together to ask our Congress representatives, our senators, our local force law force, our State General Attorney to sent a clear and strong message to Direct TV. We want State and Federal open investigation on all over Direct TV misleading services to our consumers for many years. We should not allow this happen in our society today.
    We will collect all the problems you have, are facing with Direct TV and we will sent letters to all official agencies and Congress. Please have your name and address if applicable.
    Best Regards