Direct TV / financial

United States Review updated:
My complaint is in the way Direct TV does business when you try to cancel their service. When you cancel service they send you boxes to return all of your receivers. After I closed my account they charged my acct. $119.00 until the receivers were received by return mail. I promptly did what they told me to do. I called a week later to see if they had credited my acct. They didn't seem them on my acct. I had to talk with two or three different people to finally make sure they got credited. When I asked them when they would credit the $119.00 back to my acct.- they said it would take 6-8 weeks. (It took them one day to take it out of my acct!) I waited 8 weeks- the money had not been credited back, so I called and asked where my money was, they appologized but made no excuse for the oversight. They said they would put a rush on it and I would receive it in no more than 12 business days. I finally received it after several phone calls and staying after them. I believe this must happen a lot. It seemed like DTV hopes you'll forget about the money they owe you. I will never use them again.

Comments

Ke
  17th of Jun, 2010
Please stand up together we can make a right thing
We will open a campaign to force Direct TV to provide their services to consumers rightful and Direct T V should obey the fed or/and state regulation that should protect consumers. Direct TV, They are running a big scam right now by giving out misleading information and flyers all over Medias. By many and many scams from Direct TV’ false advertisement, wrong billing, poor and incompetent customer service, Unauthorized over charge, cancelation fee and 24 hours only policy for cancelation, Harassing calls, scam selling, roof damage and more to notice. It is ridiculous for consumers that are allowed only 24 hours to cancel the services from the first day installation if consumers are not satisfied.
We need stand up together to ask our Congress representatives, our senators, our local force law force, our State General Attorney to sent a clear and strong message to Direct TV. We want State and Federal open investigation on all over Direct TV misleading services to our consumers for many years. We should not allow this happen in our society today.
We will collect all the problems you have, are facing with Direct TV and we will sent letters to all official agencies and Congress. Please have your name and address if applicable.
Best Regards