Direct TV / I hate directv!
When I moved, I called DirecTV for a mover's package. I was told that it would be over three weeks before my service could be transferred. When I inquired as to why so long, I was told they were too busy with "new customer installations." I didn't think existing customers should have to wait three weeks, so I sent them a certified letter requesting the cancellation of my service. Under the initial agreement, if I returned the equipment within 14 days of termination, the early cancellation fee should be waived. In my letter, I also requested an address to where I could return the equipment. I never heard back from DirecTV until I received a letter from a collection agency. After numerous phone calls, I finally obtained an address for the equipment return. Even after returning the receivers, I keep getting calls from the collections people threatening to "destroy my credit." I've lost track of the follow up telephone calls I've made, in addition to several certified letters. Forget talking to these people on the phone, as they either can't (or won't) help you. I hate Cable, but at least they know how to treat their customers...BAD MISTAKE on my part...
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - satellite tv service
- Direct TV - technical assistance
- DirecTV - billing - my credit report - still linked to directv
- DirecTV - service calls
- DirecTV - complaint