Direct TV / customer service (lack of)

My DVR recently quit working. I am paying the 5.99 monthly maintainance plan. I was told I would get a home visit by a technician to replace. Then another person said "no", it had to be mailed and I could put the cables on by following the other one and mail the old one back (why am I paying them the 5.99 monthly for downtime and my own servicing??)

Anyway, I travel a long distance to go to work and pass through 3 states in my 100 mile travel so I decided to stop at the usual distribution center of FedEX that usually handles my shipments to my home. I was told by them that the DirectTV shipping department in PA uses a code that causes the equipment to travel a greater distance and literally bypasses my house to travel an extra 45-60 miles. They suggested I call Direct TV.

I tried explaing to 3 different "customer relations" specialist and a supervisor my concerns and asked to speak to the Lewisberry, PA shipping center. I was told no. When I explained the logistics of my concerns and that FEDEX suggested I contact them, the supervisor got angry, REFUSED TO GIVE HER NAME AND HUNG UP on me. She said she was "Carlos' supervisor" and that I had no right to complain as shipping was not their concern. AGain, I asked for her name and told her I could read the same tracking number on the computer screen, but I was giving her additional information from a FEDEX distribution center 14 miles from home. She continued to be angry and would not listen. Especially when I said that if DirectTV wasn't paying the extra routing, then maybe we could all save money. This customer service supervisor was smug and gave every indication that she didn't need my business and didn't care what I wanted to say or how I felt. She just kept saying it would be delivered within 3-5 days. She said she did not want to address the shipping and did not have to identify herself.

Lewisberry is a short ride from Harrisburg, PA (interstate 81 south). Hagerstown MD is approx 20 more miles south on same Interstate. This is the usual distribution center that delivers to my home in Martinsburg, WV (14 more miles south). However, for some reason, it was sent on to Winchester, VA (literally passing in front of my house) on Interstate 81 for another 25 miles. Somehow, it is supposed to be sent back up the same interstate (another 25 miles) within the next 24 hours. Why is it being routed through a State south of me???????

FedEX theorized Direct TV is putting the wrong coding for method of transportation so it bypassed a terminal that normally services my area.

With these kind of business practices (Inefficient), no wonder Direct TV rates are rising. To understand my concerns in a more simplier manner, draw a vertical line. Put the originating warehouse at the top. Put Winchester Va. at the bottom. Put Martinsburg in the middle. Then put a distribution center above Martinsburg, (Hagerstown, MD) and then wonder why they drive past that one, drive past Martinsburg and continue on down to the State of Virginia. Then find a truck to drive it back up the same line. Logical???

Yes, about as efficient as the customer service supervisor.

Dish Network is looking better and better, because at Direct TV, the customer is never right. Heck, they act as though they don't need the customer at all.

Bb

Comments

• Co
      11th of Jan, 2011

I agree 100 percent, i called today to see what my options were to switch my service and I spoke to 5 different people with 5 different answers and amounts.I called 1866-319-9838 every single time i hade to return there call after we lost connection on there part. I spoke to a JOSH, ZACK, BIANCA, ROBERT and finaly " MARY" ( supervisor) who stated I had to call another number because they couldnt help me at this number even though I was quoted 5 fifferent things from people at this line already, I believe we spoke to the same person...I asked for her last name sh refused to give it to me and stated she didnt have to..she then began to tell me that they partner with verizon and verizon doesnt offer internet service at my residence..however i spoke to verizon earlier and they most certainly do more so when i was speaking to ZACK we were setting up an oppointment for instalation tomorrow 1/12/2011 before we were disconnected..so when were they going to tell me the service wasnt avail..that would be after they charged my credit card..I called verizon and explained what was happening and STRONGLY recomend they do in investigation with the information direct tv is mis quoting potential customers.I also dont mind over paying my current provider because i have never in my life had to deal with that RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL of people in my life..