Direct TV / erroneous and untimely billing

After I terminated I had a credit coming and they never sent it. Then 3 months later used 1/2 the credit for PPV billings from almost a year before which I had never ordered. Spent almost 1 hour on phone w/ 2 reps who semi-politelely pretended to "research " my complaint and then told me " no disputes can be resolved after the service is terminated. Suggesting that if I resumed the service something might be "done".
What a way to do business - even if the charges ($26) were appropriate the fact they were trying to collect them almost a year later.
The statement also says "Payment enclosed" and of course , it was not !

Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will certainly join in w/ anyone who wishes to persue this thin further.

TB

Comments

10th of Dec, 2007

i have given the runaround since sept. of 2007 about free portable dvd player offered by direct tv. I have spoke to Julie, Judy, Katherine, John,Abel,Shane,Abraham and today a supervisor named Alex told me that I couln't get the dvd payer because the installers worked for company that was't recognised by direct tv. I told her the installers told me that i would get the voucher in the mail to send in for it. Since I pay my bill through verizon I even called thehm to complain. the lady was relly nice and put me on hold so she could speak to direct tv herself. the supervisor told her that I would be receiving a voucher in the mail in five to seven buisness days and for me to let her know what happens. I told her that I would but that I figured it was just a scam direct tv was using because i believed a few years ago and they did the same thing.Don't believe the ads that they mail you or publish in the sunday papers . they already have their stories and false answers prepared for the consumer. I will honor my agreement with them untill my contract is up and then change to someone who can tell the truth and not mislead the public. I feel that this is alot more than direct tv has donee for me. I will never recommend direct tv to anyone and will certainly let people know what has happened to me.

• Cr
      29th of Apr, 2009

I agree, I just hung up with the so-called direct tv customer service reps. I have never been so lied to and blinded by false advertising, and BS! I was supposed to get the advertised on line special from 2 months ago of up to 4 boxs at no cost, 75.99 per month for over 150 chanels to include HBO, Starz and Encore, what a joke. My service was hooked up on March 13 and March 14 a bill for over 100.00 was sent to me. I never received any credits towards my bill for the boxs, in fact they charged me an additional 5.00 for each box in my house! I called back after being hung up on by a female rep. that was extremely rude, did not care that I was an unhappy customer she just wanted off the phone with me, then when I called back a second time I got a guy on the phone that was almost as bad, he was patronizing, and rude as well. When I asked for a manager to speak to, another guy got on the phone who also was rude and unhelpful, when I asked about my so called promo's he gave me a number of 1-877-573-4388 which says when I called it "THIS IS Direct TV, THIS NUMBER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED" ! Are you kidding me the Better Business Beruea will certianly be receiving my compliant daily until something is done! Now I can not even cancel this joke of service because they have me on a 2 YEAR contract which I can not cancel without ruining my credit and charging me over $400.00, yea the rep's on the phone had no trouble informing me of my rights to NOT cancel!!! But they were unethical and extremely unprofessional when it came to good BUSINESS PRATICES!! Please joing me if you have been SCREWED by DRIECT TV!!! CR from Tennessee