Direct TV / the real crime is the deposit that should be refunded is actually non-refundable
I signed up for Direct TV and agreed to a 2 year contract. Direct TV told me I needed to give them a credit card so they could charge a $250 deposit in case I terminated the contract early. This depended on your credit score which I thought my 802 credit score would suffice. Direct TV told me that I did not qualify and the deposit would be charged.
2 years and 3 months later I sold my house. I called Direct TV to cancel the service and the representative asked me the reason for cancelling the service. I told him I fulfilled my contract obligation and I just wanted to cancel the service. He told me, "in order to make this a pleasant experience, you will need to give me a better reason." I responded by asking him if he was threatening me. He repeated his coment. After 45 minutes I hung up on him and called back to finally cancel my service. I got a similar arguement from another representative but he finally agreed to cancel my serivce. I asked for the service to be cancelled on Jan. 28th and they cancelled it that night the 24th.
The real crime is the deposit that should be refunded is actually non-refundable. Has anyone ever heard of a non-refundable deposit? I don't think you can legally have such a thing. Of c0urse I am not going to take the time to sue Direct TV, but I thought everyone should at least know that Direct TV is morally bankrupt.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - discounts
- DirecTV - pathetic service on maintenance and service calls poor customer service!!!
- DirecTV - deceptive business practices 
- DirectTV - directv policy 
- DirecTV - no technical service