Direct Tv / dishonest billing and record keeping

United States Review updated:

I have just been advised that I can not receive a refund from DTV for pre-paid NFL Sunday Ticket or ESPN Gameplan eventhough my admittedly old receiver is now (as of this year) no longer able to receive these packages. There was no prior notice. I do have a newer receiver in my bedroom (where I really want to have my friends and family hang and watch the big games), so apparently I'm screwed. There is no way to replace my old receiver b/c of my giant entertainment system - the DTV tech already has been there and said.

So, bottom line = DTV has my $, and I got no programming. nice.

Pe

Comments

• Ex
      12th of Apr, 2010

I had my Direct TV canceled, my choice, and a month later received the boxes to return the receivers with a note explaining I had to return these boxes within 7 days which I did. But Direct TV charged my account before the 7 days and now my checking account is in arrears, and I have to make up the $99 plus two check I wrote not knowing these a-holes were going to charge my account. When I spoke with Tony #U5748 he said it would take them up to 8 weeks to refund my money even though it was their fault. He said he would check and see why they bill me too soon. Yea like I can wait 8 weeks to even my bank account out. I am a working stiff and I can not afford to wait.