Direct TV / do not trust direct tv representatives

Consumers beware this is my experience with direct tv. I called and talked with a sales represenitive named anthony he quoted me my prices for the promotion period for the remainder of the first year and then for the following year of obligation made him do it twice I wrote it all down and repeated it and he confirmed it. After the installation got my first bill and yes of course it did not match what I was quoted so I call talk to a lady named mary nice enough but no help she state I need to talk to another department and they can request the recorded conversation between anthony and myself, wrong talk to a guy named beau who is in seriuos need of customer service skills he tell me I have to write a letter to the "office of the president" which I did. I talked to a lady there named lisa who could tell me that they don't record these calls to find discreprencies on bills only to see if the employees are being polite they don't care if there telling the truth. She then states that I could find the monthly amount myself by placing an order online and not talking to there customer assistance so apparently if you don't have a computer and your nor online direct tv doesn't want you buisiness. Lisa then told me even if I cancel this service due to them misquoting me I will still have to pay all the obligation requirements. Consumers beware do not trust direct tv sales represenitives.

Fa

Comments

• Je
      10th of Jul, 2012

When I ordered HD box(es) by phone from Direct TV in January 2012, I was forced to accept to a 2-year contract in order to get the HD box. If I cancel within that 2-year period, I was told that I am obligated to pay for the remainder of that contract (Direct TV will automatically charge my credit card). As of tonight, Direct TV is dumping 25 channels - several of which we watch regularly . In my opinion, Direct TV "broke" that 2-year contract. When I begrudgingly "agreed" over the phone to accept that 2-year contract, I accepted the service package I originally signed up for -- NOT service MINUS those 25 channels. I would like to dump Direct TV but don't feel I should have to pay for the remaining 18 mos of the "contract". Is it fair that DirectTV can "dump" on me, but I can't dump them without being penalized?