Direct TV / unfair termination fee!
When I moved my Direct TV service from one home to another in March, 2006, I was told if I canceled within a year there would be a fee. When I canceled in August, 2007, I was charged that $100 fee. The reason was that one of their receivers quit working in the spring of '07. I called them and they sent out a repairman who offered to replace it. I was told the cancellation fee was based on the fact that the new receiver could not be canceled for one year, and it was not the service but the equipment that mattered. I was never informed of this, but was told it was in an online agreement.
It is ridiculous and questionably legal that a company will not furnish working equipment that is leased, and will tie in that piece of equipment to the original service contract.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - menu font and functionality 
- DirecTV - television services 
- DirecTV - satellite service 
- Direct TV - programing 
- DirecTV - unable to fast forward through ads