Direct TV / poor customer service/no refund

Phone: 4042865954

After 1 year of service, due to repairs on my home I requested a temporary suspension in service for, which customer service informed me the company could provide. However, they drafted my account for services the next month and refused to return funds and informed me that they only way to received I could get my move back was as a credit once I moved back in to the home. However, onced I moved back into the home service could not be restored because immediately and they ignored that I was should to have a credit on my account and ask for over $100 to restore service to an account that was suppose to have a credit of over $200 on it. Therefore, I canceled the account, however, it has taken over three weeks to receive the boxes required to return the equitment. Once the Direct TV received the equiment back they still refuse to give me my old refund only $100. Therefore, no one should due service with Direct TV they will not value their customers, they will draft your debit/credit card without your permission and will not stand by their promises.

Comments

Jo
  10th of May, 2013

I had Direct TV (which I had stupidly agreed to sign up for as a replacement for Time Waner. The initial lies should have alerted me that I was dealing with a less than reputable company (I should have stayed with Time Warner. We moved and I called
DTV to ask what I should do. I was told to take the equipment with me, and when I moved into my new house to call them and they would come out and install the service. Because the move was imminent, I had called all of my utilities on the same day. So, picture that: I asked what I should do to postpone the service; I was told to take the equipment and tell them when I settled in my new house. I did as I was told, and today, DTV took $1130 out of my checking account, causing it to be overdrawn. I talked to everyone who works for DTV (shunted around from idiot to idiot), and I was told that I should have kept them informed as to what was going on. Why would I do that? Due to issues beyond my control I am still unable to move into the new house. But I am still in compliance with what I was told initially. And yet DTV said they had every right to take the money, for services I did not receive (actually had no way of receiving) as well as the equipment, which I still have in my possession as I was told to do. I believe that others have had similar fraudulent transactions with DTV. We need to start a nationwide boycott of the company. They will either change their evil ways, or go out of business.

Sa
  3rd of Jun, 2016
Direct TV - No customer servrice
Direct TV

I was set to receive my direct tv on saturday when the technician arrived and said he could not install due to the weather and lack of proper ladder. no problem. On day two they arrived and said that they could not install due to lack of proper ladder and cables. Customer service relayed this to the technician supervisor who would be contacting me within the hour to hopefully, install our cable. An hour goes by and no phone call from the supervisor. I then called direct tv again and they assured me that a supervisor would be contacting me to take care of the issue. Again, no phone call. It is quite pathetic how direct tv sub-contracts all of their installations instead of taking control of their own installations. I was excited to become a direct tv customer but now I will never be a customer due to lack of service. I will now place an order with verizon fios who actually have verizon people do their installations. As for the direct tv installation supervisor for the far rockaway, ny area, man up or enjoy unemployment because you should be fired for the lack of any service. Anyway, I hate complaining but I have now become an advocate against direct tv. No one should have to deal with such a lousy television company. All the best on your downward spiral out of the game. Rest in peace direct tv...