Direct TV / overpriced

I canceled my services early with directv. I received a letter saying I owed them $420. I gave them a call on Tuesday March 22, 2009 and talked to a customer service representative. They were trying to charge me for a receiver that I didn't have. I explained the situation to her and she told me that I only owed $180. I said ok and I would like a statement reflecting this and I would make a payment after I received the statement. I never received the statement and then on Friday March 27, 2009 they just took $420 out of my checking account which cleaned my checking account out. I had no money for anything. This put me in a financial hardship!!

I called them back on Saturday 28 march 2009 and they told me I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get my money back. I have emailed them 3 times and they keep telling me the same thing, 6 to 8 weeks!

How can they take more than I owe them out of my account and then I have to suffer for 6 to 8 weeks to get my money back when it was their mistake, not mine.

A  14th of Apr, 2009 by
Same thing have to me 6 months ago. They'll never give you your money back. They have fraudulent business practices. Keep on and keep on posting to this site, write letters to the Better Business bureau, your local news, and to the attorney general.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV