Direct TV / overpriced
I canceled my services early with directv. I received a letter saying I owed them $420. I gave them a call on Tuesday March 22, 2009 and talked to a customer service representative. They were trying to charge me for a receiver that I didn't have. I explained the situation to her and she told me that I only owed $180. I said ok and I would like a statement reflecting this and I would make a payment after I received the statement. I never received the statement and then on Friday March 27, 2009 they just took $420 out of my checking account which cleaned my checking account out. I had no money for anything. This put me in a financial hardship!!
I called them back on Saturday 28 march 2009 and they told me I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get my money back. I have emailed them 3 times and they keep telling me the same thing, 6 to 8 weeks!
How can they take more than I owe them out of my account and then I have to suffer for 6 to 8 weeks to get my money back when it was their mistake, not mine.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - Direct TV refund
- DirecTV - billing/refund
- DirecTV - tv service
- DirecTV - early terminatin fee
- DirecTV - genie replacement