Direct TV / taking money out of checking account without permission

1 po box 196United States Review updated:
Phone: 606-297 8766

direct tv added a sports package to our account with out our knowledge.when we got the bill we called and they said we had called and added this package and they could not remove it unless we paid for it first.we refused to pay the extra amount and just continued to pay our regular bill. they cut off our service and took money out of our checking account for over 500 dollars.when we called them they basicly told us tough.why isn't someone controlling what these thieves do?

Ko

Comments

• Pa
      8th of May, 2009

they just took $739.00 from my account.

• Ko
      8th of May, 2009

itook my contract to my bank and complained to their lawyers.they not only put my money back in my account but they went after these thieves.

8th of Oct, 2009

I know exactly how you feel. they did the same thing to me, I had my rent due until i found out they took money out of my account with out my say so. So i payed for a bill board to be put up so they could lose the money they stole from me. I hope it makes them lose ten times the amount they took from me. If you are discussed by there unethical ways post this picture so people know about them.

8th of Oct, 2009

Send this around

• Di
      9th of Dec, 2009

I made a payment for someone.. they decided to cancel their service and a month later Direct TV takes the 500 dollars out of my bank account. AND... I dont nor have ever had DirectTV

• Ko
      9th of Dec, 2009

I don't know if it will help or not but take what proof you have to your bank and tell them what happened. I did and the banks lawyers got me my money back. I did have to wait about a month. You can also contact consumer law in california and they will handle your complaint and maybe get you a little extra.

Krohn and Moss Ltd.
    800-875-3666
    Won't hurt to try

• Pi
      20th of Jun, 2010

Direct tv just took almost 300$ out of my account which didnt even have the amount in it to cover that. How could that happen!? I've never gave them any permison to do that nor did i agree any where for this to happen. no my account is under my rent check is gonna bounce same with alot of other things and i'll get over draft charges for ever thing. Thanks direct tv you just [censor]ed me over and now instead of just paying them when i could I'm going to owe my bank like 500$ in [censor]ing over draft fees. [censor] you direct tv you [censor]ing suck!

• Mp
      26th of Nov, 2010

I had $656 taken out of my account with no warning as to when the transaction would take place. I bounced all my bills. I was told "it's our policy" and it's in the agreement. I subscribed over the phone, so I was not informed at the time of this "agreement". I asked customer service where in the agreement was this this small print indicating they can freely go into my account without warning...must be convieniently where the consumer cannot see it. He had me waiting along time as HE could not even find it! It all started with them at the time of hook up. They put the DVR box in the wrong room and would not come back to change thier mistake unless I paid $57 dollars. I was told I signed off before they left, but how the hell did I know it was in the wrong room. They were the ones with the specifics directions where to put it! What is their definition of "customer service"?...to take you money in an overly extended commitment to them and if there is any problem, they wave some [censor] "agreement" at you. They don't exactly ensure future customers and referrals. I won't ever deal with these theives again! I will tell everyone never to sign up with them either. It's fake customer service. They have the consumer over the barrel and won't take care of them in the least! [censor] em'

7th of Dec, 2010

I decided to try direct TV in addition to my cable, big mistake. The tech didn't show up on time and when he did show up, I had to leave for work. Yes, stupid me, I let him stay to complete the job in my house while I was out. When I got home that night what a mess. The direct TV didn't work and neither did my cable. When I went down cellar, [censor] what a mess! The tech had severed all of my cable wires and did a very sloppy job replacing with his own installing his own. Now I had 2 systems and neither worked. The next day I called Direct TV and told them that I was canceling my agreement with them. They told me that it had been over 24 hours since the rep had been there and that I was due to pay a $517.38 service fee. I told them to just piss off. I sent back the converters and remotes in their prepaid boxes and thought that was the end of it. 3 weeks later I got a letter from direct tv thanking me for my prompt payment via my visa card. I did no such thing but, upon calling visa they told me that direct TV had indeed withdrawn $517.38 from my account. Now the whole thing is in dispute with my credit card company. What a bunch of dishonest losers, STAY AWAY FROM DIRECT TV!!!