Direct TV / breach of contract
Direct TV violated the terms of my contract with them by overcharging my account.
At the time I subscribed with Direct TV I specifically asked for a package deal where no aditional charges, fees nor surcharges or hidden charges will be due at the end of the month. One PAckage that will inlude High Definition for one price and that's it. Otherwise I will not join Direct TV. I was very firm on that.
Customer service rep on the phone tells me that the "HD-DVR PLUS PACKAGE" was the one exactly as I asked for 49.99 a month. With HD and special receiver all for one single price with no extracharges. Price of 49.99 was for 12 months and after that 72.99 for another 12 months.
I had doubts about it so I did not sign. I hang Up the phone. Next day I talked to another Direct TV Cutomer Service rep and she tells me the same thing.
So I signed. And for the first three months everything was ok...billing according to contract terms.
My contract was for 49.99 a month for the first 12 months. And the overcharge was a violation of my contract.
No conversations with Customer Service reps or their supervisors was able to reverse the decision of Direct TV to overcharge me.
I had no choice but to order this provider to stop their services inmediatly and I call my Credit Card Company to stop payment on the overcharge and also to stop payment on the early termination fee ever since it was Direct TV the one that violated the terms of the contract.
Fourth month: To my surprise Dircect Tv decided to charge me the full amount of 72.99 without explanation.
At the fourth month Direct TV decided
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service 
- DirecTV - directv satellite dish tv 
- DirecTV - recording over content