Direct TV / billing practices and length of time on phone to resolve issues

I placed my Direct TV service on suspension. Rather than credit my account with one months paid in advance and the balance of the month of suspension they charged my credit card with a very high amount. That was 60 days ago and at least 6 customer service agents ago. Today I was on the phone with Direct TV for 2 SOLID HOURS. While the agents are polite, they seem to be very poorly trained as each one gave me a different amount of credit due me. Today I asked to speak with a supervisor and then with her supervisor. When that supervisor came on the line (after me being on the line 1 hour and 58 minutes, before I could get out one sentence, he apparently hung up on me as he never called back to say "oops". I can only urge people to NOT let them debit your credit card for the monthly charges. If there is a mistake, it takes forever to get your funds back. Seems they have found a way to use someone else's money for nothing. I can only conclude from this experience they either don't train their people or have more complaints than they can handle. Poorest customer service I have ever experienced.

Comments

Do
  20th of Jun, 2011

Our TV went out last Wednesday evening June 15, in a storm. When I called the next morning I was very upset that it was going to be 4 days before a repair could be made. I got over the shock & patiently waited for Sunday, Father's Day to arrive. We canceled our previous plans with family to make sure we would be at home for repair. Friday I got an automated call that "due to excessive outages", my repair was pushed back another 3 days until Wednesday, June 20. I called customer service. & they informed me my repair was set up for the next day(!) Saturday. I changed my plans again. Saturday came, no technician. I called & got an operator with English that very hard to understand. The only thing I did understand was "sorry, your day is Sunday, not today."(Once again, we had to bow out of plans) Five minutes later I get the automated call about repair pushed back to Wednesday. More than frustrated with customer service, I went to website to confirm my repair day was indeed Sunday. The repairman came, repaired my service, & last night when all of our family sat down to watch TV for the first time since last Tuesday. Once again, no reception. Same exact problem. I called again, got a pleasant rep. in Mississippi (I am in Georgia). She assured me that I would get a call first thing this morning, Monday. I did not. I have called them twice so far, spent over 30 minutes on the phone asking to speak with a supervisor. I was told they were all in a meeting or on the phone with customers, but to expect a call within minutes. That was over 90 minutes ago, & still response. Later same day: I am clocked at over 4 hours of phone calls. The total calls today alone is 9. No One ever called me back. In fact, while on hold for 22 min for a supervisor (@ 2:30 today) the rep. comes back & tells me the repair man is on his way & expected to arrive in the next 15 minutes. I had an appointment so I had someone come & stay at my house. Repair never showed & call #8 to Customer Service said there was no record of service request, & that I would have to wait for call. They could not give me any idea of when they would call or how much longer I would be without service. Today makes 5 days.