Direc TV, Mastec / unethical business practices
DirecTV and Mastec have used deceptive business practices to gain an unfair business advantage against the very workers providing installation services. These practices include charging companies full retail value for equipment that was installed and activated in customers homes, deducting money from pay with no back up or documentation to support legitimacy, providing forged documents in an attempt to collect money from contractors for equipment not received by contractor.
charging for phone lines that were allegedly not connected at time of install with no regard for phone service availability at time of install or customer requests and/or denial of this connection. back charging contractors for faulty equipment that was beyond the control of the contractor (DirecTV of course having full knowledge of the inadequacies of their manufacturers), back charging contractors for problems as a result of customer error, collecting a large percentage of ancillary work fees despite the fact that the contractor provides all of the materials for the installation. refusing to pay out final invoices and numerous other deceptive actions.
Legal action is in progress, and reports have been filed with the Federal Trade Commission, The BBB and other Government agencies.
More Direc TV, Mastec Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - New Insatalled, Tech not show up
- DirecTV - Unable to get channel 5, NBC
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept