Direc TV - HR20 - 700 / piece of junk!
Don't but an hr20-700 unless you are ready to miss recordings and expect freeze-ups and system resets!
Below is an email sent to direct tv on my most recent double disappointing experience:
I just installed a hr20 two weeks ago. I am more than disappointed! I recorded the new orleans saints-eagles playoff game last night and attempted to watch it this morning.
But before I tell you what your recorder did, let me say I am a die hard saints fan that has been waiting 40 years to see the game that your damn box just deprived me of!!!
The recording was set to record 1 hour longer than scheduled. It played fine until the 2hr and 18 min mark; third quater - eagles 21-saints 20; then the picture froze and there was nothing recorded from that point on except short bursts of audio!!
I know you can't fix my loss, but perhaps you could send me a dvd with the game on it.
I have 3 tivo's and 4 ultimates. I have neverhad this kind of problem with their equipment!!
I have not decided what to do with your piece of junk!!
More Direc TV - HR20 - 700 Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - programing 
- DirecTV - unable to fast forward through ads 
- DirecTV - customer service department and billing 
- DirecTV and AT&T - unauthorized charges 
- DirecTV - the new format for taping and watching taped programs