Days Inn / poor customer service and billing

1 United States

I was traveling through AL and stopped at this hotel. I loved the computer in the Lobby except they had no light by the computer and you couldn't see it at night. Despite me voicing a complaint nothing changed (they had a light but it didn't work).

With the room came free breakfast and I heard the staff making a comment how they wished the guest would quit eating the breakfast because they have to keep putting it out and they didn't want to do that. Then why have free breakfast if staff is too lazy to do their job.

I also heard 2 employees make the statement that they hated their jobs because of some of the guests that stay there. Then why don't they quit. Without the guest they would have no job.

I stayed 1 night in the room. Upon checkout I asked them 3 times for a receipt for my room and I was told every time that they had no credit card number or payment info in the system so there would be no charge. 3 times i was told this. Within 24 hours my credit card had been charged for that stay ($130). I didn't mind paying for my room because the room was really nice but it's the fact that I was told there would be no charge..not once not twice but 3 times.

The pool was closed for repair (summer time). Staff was just really rude. Whenever I asked for directions they got upset because they had to assist me. I asked for things I forgot like shampoo. I was told they would bring it down. 5 hours later I went and got it and then I had to wait for a few minutes while they found some. Why do they have signs in the room that says to ask for them if they don't want to have to get it.

Not only did they make sure the guest heard that they were not supposed to eat the breakfast but also that they wished some of us would not stay there. They only want guest apparently who they don't have to see, talk to or assist in any way.

Days inn used to be a great place to stay but now most of them are owned by foreigners who really don't care about their hotels or their guests.

Days Inn has really dropped over the years in customer satisfaction.

It is in a good location and all but use caution with staying here. If you have a dog there is a big fee attached..I had a service dog with doctor papers and I was charged a pet fee of $50. Then they complained when I had him with me in the lobby. He is a service dog..and I had to leave him in the room.