David's Bridal / Uncalled for rudeness!

I was informed this week by my husband that we were attending the Navy Ball in less than a month, and I would need a formal ball gown. After exhausting several other options, I called David's for an appointment, and to ensure I wasn't wasting my time, asked if they had any plus-sized dresses in stock. The woman actually replied, quite snottily (as if she were disappointed an overweight person would DARE to shop there) "Oh. I think we have a white one. And maybe a pink one." OK, whatever, I just need a dress ASAP. I showed up promptly at 3 for my appointment, and a woman found four or five dresses for me to try on. She was somewhat helpful, but after she left me in the dressing room, I *never* saw her again. I found one I liked, and wandered around the store looking for help. I saw one saleswoman, but I couldn't pry her away from the lovely young bride she was helping. I browsed and tried on the dresses again. I wandered around *in* the dress. Finally a woman asked me if I was doing ok, and I told her "no." She helped me find three jackets to try on, (only because the bride she was helping was in the dressing room right then) and when I gave up on that, she rang me up. I would have *much* rather shopped and bought online, but for some reason, David's doesn't do that. Suffice it to say, don't believe what they say about the "David's Difference" or whatever their slogan is. I wanted to write to a manager or customer service, but of course, there is no information on the website regarding comments or complaints.

A  20th of Apr, 2008 by
David's Bridal employees are very rude. They gave me an estimate for $45 for alterations and when we went in for the fitting I was handed a bill for $115. The dress only cost $60 and when I was contemplating on purchasing it I specifically asked about how much the alterations would be. Since they said around $45 I bought the dress. When they handed me the bill for $115, their attitude was basically "if you don't like it, we can take the pins out and you can go somewhere else and have it altered". Givng the time constraints, I did pay up but I can tell you I will never purchase anything there again and I will let everyone I know not to go there. the store is in Albany, New York. I left three messages at their corporate headquarters and finally just wrote a letter to the CEO which I do not anticipate an answer. Very rude, very unhelpful and just out for the money.
N  4th of Aug, 2008 by
my fiance purchased a wedding dress from David's Bridal back in June. We left it there for final alterations with a pick up date of Aug 1st. At 10:30 am, the day she was supposed to pick up her dress, someone from David's bridal called and said that the alterations would not be done because they weren't paid for. Noone told my fiance at the time that she had to pay for the alterations prior to this time. So they had the dress for 4 weeks and did nothing. With our destination wedding loomin, we had to have the dress ready in order to send it UPS to our wedding coordinator in Puerto Rico, when we arrived at the store later that day, the person she spoke to on the phone called my fiance a liar, in front of the store manager, meanwhile this same person had taken the credit card information over the phone. My fiance was angry, hurt etc. Then the dress was not altered properl. The seamstress was totally rude when questioned why the hem was crooked. The store manager tells her that alterations are not her department. It was a mess, not to mention there were 6 other brides there with similar problems. With our wedding looming in a few days, we had to stay there over 5 hours to make sure the dress was completely properly altered. The people at David's BRidal in LIC were rude, nasty and had no compassion or consideration towards my fiance. They forget that this is the most important day in our lives.

David's Bridal Logo David's Bridal