Dairy Queen / my purchase, not satisfactory at all!

1 Canada Review updated:

I had gone to Dairy Queen in July 2007, in Pembroke Ontario... this past summer, ordered a ice cream cake, as I had done the past year, and specifically told them the way I wanted it, I made sure twice that she understood that it was my son's 8th birthday and he wanted the movie cars Theme, so that is what I asked for, I mentioned that we want strawberry cheese cake with Happy Birthday to Joshua on it with a picture of (LIGHTNING McQUEEN). She said she knew exactly what I wanted, so I agreed to pick it up the following week.

When I picked it up, I didn't think to look at it because like I had said, I was in the year before and got a spiderman theme cake and it was great"

When I got home, I put it in the freezer right away. The following day was the birthday party, we did all activities first then ate, I then took out the cake and I was so angry, it said... "HAPPY BIRTHDAY... that is it, no name and no lightning mcqueen. My son was so upset, I called right away to the Dairy Queen that made it, explained it to them, and I was told to come in on Monday. Keeping in mind that I live 25 minutes from Pembroke in the country, when I got there no one knew that I was coming, they told me that the manager would call me in a couple of days, NO PHONE CALL... so I went in again and explained it all over again, and they said that the manager must have forgot to call me, well at this point, I am so furious, its costly in gas to travel back and forth, so I ended up calling the next day, the manager was busy and said that she would return my call later that day... Well, its now September /07, and still no phone call, I am very disappointed that Dairy Queen has become a very unreliable establishment, I will be contacting Browns Beat in Ottawa for them to publish something in the citizen newspaper about this, they could have at least refunded my money, how hard would have that been, my son's birthday was ruined for him, he was upset that his cake wasn't what he wanted, I will never get over this, unless they can call me and offer a cake for Joshua to make up for it, other than that, I am very dis-appointed with their company...

Comments

• Om
      14th of Mar, 2009

Ok, I dont agree with the whole not returning your call. And the manager probably was not busy, they just didnt want to deal with you. But most places will not give you a free ice cream cake just because they messed up. They have a business to run. And what is the deal with everyone blaming all of Dairy Queen when one store messes up. EACH DQ IS INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND OPERATED, just because you have a crappy one, dosent mean they are all bad.

• Li
      7th of Aug, 2009

Always check things as soon as you get them. Always. If not, you will have this kind of situation on your hands.

• Ap
      7th of Aug, 2009

It only takes a couple seconds to check it out when you picked it up. Youv'e only got yourself to blame on this one.

• Fr
      29th of Jun, 2011

So you didn't check out the cake, it didn't have your kids name on it. Sounds like your kid is a spoiled brat whose having a temper tantrum because his name wasn't on the cake. By the tone of your article I see where he gets it from. STOP BEING A BABY AND GROW UP. This board is for serious complaints.