CVS Pharmacy / presciption

1 lititz pikeLancaster, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 397-0369

I was discharged from lancaster regional hospital on thursday november 25 and went to cvs pharmacy for a refill for my prescription the person I talked to was sue I believe she was the head pharmacist, at that time I underwent back surgery and needed my prescription filled, the pharmacist was rude and unprofessional she told me my insurance would not cover my prescription until the following day I told the pharmacist if I could pay for it out of pocket for some of the medicine to hold me over until the next day until my insurance would kick in but this rude person (sue) the head pharmacist refused to help me out, I explained to the pharmacist that I needed the medication for pain I just underwent back surgery, I offered to pay for the medication out of my own pocket but she got very rude and said no, than she told me that I was not welcome to return to the store anymore that she would call the police, all I wanted was some medication to hold me over to the next day, until my insurance would kick in, but she refused to help me in any way possible, so I took my precricption to another pharmacy and they gladly help me with my problem, I just want to say I have never been treated so badly as I was from this cvs pharmacy and furthermore I am going to contact my attorney and see if I have a valid complaint and if I do I will bring legal actions against this cvs store, I highly recommend that someone in charge will look into this complaint, because I believe a customer has some right to be treated fair and with respect, my name is antonio illiano and my phone number is [protected] I hope someone in your dept. will get back in touch with me and let me know what actions you intend if any

Comments

• Wa
      6th of Jan, 2011

lklkmm

• Wa
      6th of Jan, 2011

I'm going to assume you were trying to get medication that was considered a controlled substance/narcotic. My guess is that it was a Carisprodal 350mg or a strength of Hydrocodone-Acetaminophen, because you said you had refills.

I'm going to speculate on why the pharmacist denied you from getting this medication early, as there are two reasons why they may not fill your prescription. Since you said it was a refill, you must have filled the prescription and took all of your tablets within the time frame that your doctor wrote it for.

For example: If your doctor wrote for Soma 350: Take 1 tablet by mouth three times a day (Quantity is 90 tablets).

Such prescription should last you 30 days. If you were to take more than 3 tablets a day that will cause a disturbance in the scheduled date of your next refill.

So from the pharmacists point of view, your insurance denied the early refill (Because you recently filled the medication and did not wait the 30 days to fill your next one). And on top of that, every state in the United States allows a certain amount of days to fill early. Many of them being 3 days early on controlled medication. Which is plenty of time in your situation.

What I can see from what you wrote is that you came into the pharmacy on the 25th of November to be denied by the insurance and the pharmacist an early refill. Obvious deduction points out that you have not finished your previous refill or you are taking more than what the doctor told you to take.

Either way, pharmacies have laws that protect them from ###ed people like you. Laws that state how early you can refill your controlled medications and what the pharmacist can do by law. Of course you brought it to another pharmacy and they filled it because they didn't have your insurance and you paid cash for it. They were not able to look at the CVS computers to see when your last refill was. You tricked the system, which is illegal. Try explaining that in court, ###tard.

• Wh
      22nd of Feb, 2011

LMAO, ugh.. gotta love the people that think they can get what they want when they want. You can contact your attorney and pay out the ### for that phone call, but all you are going to find out is that what you did was illegal and you would be the one in jail and CVS would be in the right. You cant go to several pharmacies and get narcotics filled, if you get caught that is serious trouble for yourself especially if you have insurance and you went somewhere else and told them to put it on cash and not run it through insurance. (LOL) They put a day supply on your script for a reason, it has to last you until the date on there or youre not going to get your refill when you are out. And your pharmacy and insurance can not let it go through, that is the law, deal with it.