CVS Pharmacy / two (2) perscription mishaps

1 63rd Street & Prospect AvenueKansas City, MO, United States Review updated:

In December 2009 the pharmacy indicated on a call in order that I was to visit my doctor before filling my blood pressure medication. After confirmation of my visit the pharmacy filled a perscription and because I was ill my husband picked it up, I took this medication for three (3) weeks before the pharmacy called my home and my job to advise me that they gave me someone else's medication. I took the bottle of medicine to them and they advised me that the other medicine was not going to hurt me and gave me a $25 gift card. . . .At the top if this month (February), I had to go through the same procedure and was given the wrong hypertension medicine - which I took for about a month before learning from my physician that it too was the wrong medicine. My doctor advised me that the pharmacy faxed a document that was issued in 2008, I told the doctor that I assumed he was lowering my medication as I had no idea what was going on assuming that the pharmacy had to be 100% CORRECT when dealing with the customer life. I shall question every order in the future and hope that these mistakes have no adverse affect on my health. In advising the pharmacy technicians of this new mistake they told me that it was my responsibility to call in the correct order. . . I told them that this was a mechanical call in order, I did not speak to any one, just gave the number indicated on the bottle. The technicians then told me that the doctors office OK'ed the order. I told them that the order originated from the pharmacy and that they forwarded a 2008 missive to the office. I then asked why they would hold on to 2008 information as it's outdated and should be removed from their files. My hypertension is OFF THE CHARTS now and I have your pharmacy to thank for this. . .I hope someone from your company communicate that they have received this communication and what you propose to do about this. Thank you -

Comments

• Cv
      25th of Mar, 2010

Thats a miserable situation.

• Sp
      28th of Apr, 2010

I work in a pharmacy. I don't know why so many people hold on to their old prescription bottles. When you go in for a refill, throw out the old bottle.