CreditOne Bank / credit card scam!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This is one of the very worst scam credit cards ever. The charges are through the roof ($69 enrollment fee, $69 annual fee, 23% taxed on if you pay late + $29 late payment fee, etc etc). This company logo looks like Capitol One, and the whole junk mail looks like Visa is sending it themself. It had my name printed on it, so now I'm going to find out how they got my name. They even have a debt management program for their customers who file for bankruptcy!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ba
      4th of Mar, 2010

A big round of applause for that VERY PROFFESIONAL response from CreditDebit. My question is “ is that all you got”? You did not address one single accusation but rather resort to personally attacking people? Why am I not surprised you would do something like that? My guess is Robert DeJong probably got on here himself to try and counter the attacks (Having a better business rating of F) and CLERLY make a great case for Credit One Bank. Maybe if all of us “Bunch of losers” were working for a company like say…. Credit One Bank…. where we too could rip people off based on the misleading information and advertising, we too could be financially responsible after all. So case closed I see. Credit One Bank is not wrong at all….. we just simply don’t know how to read.

• Te
      28th of Dec, 2008

I'm being ripped off by them as we speak.My account was sitting at +$47.00, i sent my minimum payment of $20 in a week before it was due, it was due on Dec 21st. Well they still claim to have not received it and today is the 28th, they have been known to sit on payments and wait to process them in order to charge us late fees.

Now yesterday i called them and complained because i checked my account balance and it was -$17.00, they admitted it was there mistake and as a "courtesy" they would fix the balance and waive this late fee they charged me.Even with the $32.00 late fee, there's no way i should be in the hole that much.

So today i checked my account balance and nothing has been fixed, actually im now sitting at -$27.00, where did the extra $10.00 come from? their customer service is rude and aggressive and cant comprehend what you are trying to tell them.They keep avoiding the questions at hand.

If my account isn't fixed by tomorrow i will be contacting the Attorney General in my state as well as in Credit Ones.Also i will be filing a complaint with the FTC and F.B.I. these people have been investigated before and sued.

They use to be known as the First National Bank Of Marin, but they were sued and forced to pay back millions of dollars to their customers that they wrongfully took from them or charged them, guess they thought by changing their name they would be in the clear. Not anymore.

• Er
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I have been trying to get in touch with this company since last week Friday and I have gotten absolutely no answer from customer service! I am immeasurably angry, because now my credit is messed up with me coming out of college, and I am trying very hard to correct it by paying them as a company directly. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! THEIR SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!

• Cl
      24th of Oct, 2009

After reading all of the above complaints; I have but one question. Is there anyone; org.; that can put a stop to Credit One and thier thieving partner in crime (TLG)? Please (bijoucountry@yahoo.com)

• Co
      21st of May, 2011

I had account with Credit One for 3 years. No problems. All payments up to date. no issue. One day figured "Hey, maybe I should ask these guys for a credit limit increase" figuring its been 3 years, Im a good customer.
    Their rep answered the phone and informed me my account was closed even though I was logged into their website and saw nothing about this and no mail about it.
    The explanation was I didnt renew with them.
    I obviously pointed out that I never faced any renewal in my previous 3 years with them before.
    At this point their rep began talking over me over and over saying my account was closed.
    It anger me to the point where I had to yell at her to listen to me.
    I yelled to her shell get her measly 200 bucks and I threatened to them if I get any phone calls or even hear their name again I will get my lawyer and bring them on harassment charges.

This line of credit is dumb. They obviously do not want to support a long term account. Their the little guys on the totem pole. Move you in and out, etc... pathetic

Stick with major CC carrier like Discover unless you want to have to yell at obnoxious service reps in India.

• St
      8th of Mar, 2009

The Charged me a 0.12 cents finance charge on a "0" Balance!, I got a notification that they also charged me a late fee of 44.00. All this from a 0 balance. Im calling my attorney. This is a sham!!

• Cr
      26th of Feb, 2010

For all you nay-sayers... if you took responsibility with your finances in the first place, all of you could have a regular bank credit card. All of you applied for this credit card agreeing to ALL of the terms and fine print information. NO ONE forced you to apply and receive this card. IF YOU CANNOT READ and UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, then you have no business applying in the first place. What a bunch of losers you complainers are! Get a real job, be resposible with your finances, pay ALL of your bills on time, and get a life instead of nagging, crying and complaining about your sorry self-induced situation. If anyone has comitted fraud here, it is only to yourselves.

• Jn
      5th of Mar, 2018

@CreditDebit You’re an [censor]. Who the hell do you think you are? Mr. or Mrs. Perfect???? People make mistakes. A lot of people weren’t warned at a young age how incredibly important your credit is in all aspects of your life. So, keep your rude comments to yourself. Credit one bank does indeed screw people over. Even the people who have made on time payments for over 2 years.

• Ra
      16th of Apr, 2012

the same thing happen to me, i did not activate but receive a bill for annual fee of $75.00 plus design fee of 6.95. I call them today told them i never activated the card, they said they will cancel the acct. which i never had, will this have an effect on credit report?

20th of May, 2008
    CreditOne Bank - Overcharge!
    CreditOne Bank
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    www.creditonebank

This people call my house and cell phone from 8.00am till 9:00pm 7 days week. I have been paying but they seem to post all my payment late.

• Cr
      26th of Feb, 2010

Credit One is Great! All of you complainers, please learn how to spell, use spell-check, and be responsible with your finances. If you were, you wouldn't be in the predicament to have to complain about a secured credit card. Losers!

• Ru
      10th of Mar, 2010

All you poor subprime cardholders! Stop complaining about the effin' fees. I'm working with Credit One Bank Customer Service and you rude cardholders doesn't know how to comprehend. We've been trying our best to help you with the fees, and u'r acting like the center of the universe! You just wanna do what you can, we have policies. Remember, You are sub prime, so u'r credit is ruined. We're just helping you build it up. Pay on time. Apply for a job so you'll know how a dollar looks like. Hell I Care. I can ruin your file.

• Jn
      5th of Mar, 2018

@rudeagent What???? And you’re making fun of bad grammar??? What about the ones who are being scammed even when they’re making all of payments on time? You scammers are a bunch of sick and greedy [censor]!

• Ro
      9th of Nov, 2007

Consider yourself lucky. I have NEVER even received the card, it's been over 8-months and they continue scamming me and sending bills. They do not listen to the many, many phone calls. I am convinced that they are ripping off the unfortunate. No telling how many people have giving into them because they dont know any better. I was even scammed into activating a card I've never received. A card, by the way, they have told me 4 times now "We are sorry you didn't get the card, it will be in the mail tomorrow". They have my correct address, which has been confirmed on several occasions. The bills make it to my door with no problem. When I try to call them to get it taken care of, they ignore me and put me on hold indefinitely, while piping loud obnoxious music designed to get me to hang up.

• Br
      22nd of Nov, 2007

Dear complaints person and everyone on here credit bank is one big scam after another. I had a credit card bill for 232.33 and turned into 465'65 and it was sent to a denver collection agency. I don't care for credit one bank at all. Thanks for your time and interest.

• Ra
      9th of Mar, 2008

Credit one card

• Da
      21st of Mar, 2008

Creitone bank sent me bill for $74.75 but i do not have a creit card with this bank.

• Wa
      6th of Aug, 2008

I create an account with them and payed off the account and every single month they charge $5.75 fee + $7.95 fee to make the payment via internet or phone. So my balance will be $5.75 but i have to pay $14 dollars. This is such a rip off, so dont get this stupid card. Also if i cancel the card it will drop my credit score, this sucks.

• Je
      25th of Aug, 2008

We are having the same exact issue - the credit card is paid online (which costs extra) and then they post it after the due date.. isn't this illegal??? I am going to consult an attorney regarding this company. Did you reach any agreement with them.

• Pa
      15th of Nov, 2008

i just got a card from them.i didn't know they would charge 69.00 dollars to open it. i hate this. i really don't need another card.i have one and that is enough. how do i cancel this one from credit one. please help. i am not looking for any trouble. i am try to improve my credit, not ruin it.
    yours truly pat bowman

• Pa
      15th of Nov, 2008

you know i think the us att: genral might be interested in this.
    sounds like something Obama would just love to get his teeth into.
    i am going to send and call all the rite people. i will be the worst night mare credite one has ever had.i am pissed

• Ai
      1st of Feb, 2009

Credit One is part of a national scam. I have been scammed of over $3500 in a credit debt consolidation scheme with Hess Kennedy. Everyone should beware of Credit One. Stay away from this company