Credit One / total scam

I never applied for a credit one credit card.They sent me a card that I trashed and never activated. I started getting bills for a card that was never activated and used with a fees of $25 every month. Called the customer care rep - said that I had opened the account (LIE) and had all the info on me. Asked him to delete the account and also inquired how could the card be used without activation - he hung up the phone on me. They are pure scammers .. stay away from them!

Called another rep and then had to talk with the manager to cancel the account. Fraudulent company - dont forget to report identity theft after getting your account closed.

Gr

Comments

8th of Mar, 2010
    Credit One - Probably Fraud
    Credit One

I signed up for Credit One to help boost my credit rating. I already had three cards from reputable companies and paid the balance in full every month. I had no problem with the annual fee (although outrageous), but they do have the hidden fees. Did not read fine print. My fault. Have written them to cancel my account. They ignore it. THAT screams fraud. I paid online so now I have to go to the bank and my lawyer tmw in case they decide to use my bank digits to clean me out.