Credit One Bank / fees charged after account closed

1 NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-729-6274

Paid 2 credit cards off in full and canceled both cards due to their fees for online payments $6.95. The agent tells me that it may take up to 30 to process the closed account and I may have other fees attached (like my monthly annual fee, paid monthly). If these people charge me a fee after I closed my acccounts I'm getting an attourney. ********CONSUMERS BEWARE***********

Ro

Comments

• Br
      15th of Jul, 2008

I called and canceled my credit one card 4 months ago ..the operator told me the balance was paid in full..the next month I got a bill for $4.25 so I called them they said they would take it off.The next month collections called and I explained it to them..they checked notes and
    said they would take it off ..the same thing happened 2 more months and today a man called from there and was very rude and wanted $98.56..he said he didn't know why they told me that but it was money I owed and had to pay it..well after fighting with him for a few minutes I asked him if I pay this will you stop calling me and he said you'll never hear from us again..so I paid it..
    This company should be put out if business !!

• Cr
      2nd of Oct, 2009

I just called this ###ing bank today and canceled my account. This is the worst bank anyone get possibly get themselves involved in. They have fraudulent practices. They charge you for everything that you do and not do. I have not even used this card for the last year and a half and my balances continue to grow. If you want to make a payment online, they charge you 7.00 for processing fee. What the ###? They charge you an annual fee every month. And if you don't pay a day before your due date they charge you a late fee on the same day that it's due. That's ###. Is this even legal what they are doing with their practices? It's so hard to find anyone or any contact info for this company on their website. You can't even email your concerns or talk to a real person. I warn everyone that is thinking of getting a credit card from this company. YOU WILL REGRET THAT YOU DID!!!.