Credit One Bank / outrageous charges, fraudulent billing

1 NV, United States Review updated:

Does anybody know where I should have this disgusting bank served? A point of service for Credit One Bank is what I need. I am going to sue them in small claims court for the $840 (and rising) in FEES they have charged me because I sent back one of their cards..never signed for. .never used!! After it arrived, I saw that it had a $200 credit limit (a $200 credit limit!!!) and a $75 yearly fee. I called them immediately and told them I did not want it.. I sent it back. Months went by and I started to get phone calls demanding payment. Then the bills started! Fees upon fees upon fees! All compounded from the $75 yearly fee I did not pay!!

please let me know where I can sue them. I already know how to file a small claims lawsuit. Thanks!

Tm

Comments

9th of Jun, 2008

I am a bankruptcy attorney and this company ignores a bankruptcy filing and continues to call and harass debtor who have filed bankruptcy in violation of the automatic stay. When you call they apologize and then continue to call. They refuse to provide information on how to stop the problem.

• Je
      11th of Jun, 2008

Credit One Bank is the worst credit card company I have ever dealt with. They claim not to have gotten online payments when made on time and then begin the process of charging late fees and harassing their customers by phone. The worst part is you talk with a rep in America and then get harassed by someone in India. I strongly encourage anyone who recieves a credit card offer from this bank to burn it!!!

• Gc
      13th of Jun, 2008

well sir if you return the card and did not activate it it will automaticaly unwind, meaning to say all of the charges on the account will be credited back to it and you dont need to pay anything at all. and it is not a $75.00 yearly fee. its $69.00

• Be
      9th of Sep, 2008

went it off my cred card september 9 2008

• Bi
      19th of Sep, 2008

Back in 2003 I recieved a call from a rep of First National Bank of Marin now Credit One Bank.
    He promised that for a small fee $79 charged to my bank account I would recieve a credit card with $600 credit.
    I made the payment of $79 and recieved the card. It had very little credit on it $50 and on the card it had a sticker telling me to use it to activate the card or I would lose it. So I used it to buy a coffee and a candy bar about $2.00 the most. Soon after I recieved a statement demanding a payment of $50 and that I had no more avaible credit and owed the bank over $2oo. I sent in the some more payments and three more after that. I called them and asked them why I had to pay over $200 cause I only spent $2.00. They said it was a charge against the card for a savings deposit.
    When they first called they never said anything about a savings deposit. Why would I need a savings account when I already had a Bank account with Citizens Bank. Plus I recently got three credit cards One from Capital One and two from First Premeir Bank with $300 credit on each of them with no savings deposit.
    I brought this to my States attorney offices and they told me not to send any more money and cancel the card and I did. This I did back in 2004.
    But shortly after I started to get more bills from First National Bank of Marin this time it was for $400 - $600. I called them and asked them why so much and they said they extra charges are late fees and interest fees.
    I ignored them cause why should I pay $600 bucks for a card I really did not use except for a $1 coffee and a $1 candy bar. If I knew from the start they were going to charge me $200 for a deposit I would of told them no cause I could put $200 into my own account at Citizens Bank.
    So I ignored them again but Now a month ago I recieve a letter from a attorney in the Boston area threating to sue me for almost $694.62
    When I got this I google First National Bank of Marin and found that they had number of lawsuits and complaints against them. Back in Dec 3, 2001 The OCC settled a case with them for useing the very same decietful tactics they used with me on 100s of people. The [OCC] Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has a consent oreder and a OCC Marin Fact Sheet on them The Bank was told to make restitution. But it seems they did not heed to the complaint cause after wards back in 2003 they decieved me and many others the same way. Now they have changed their name to Credit One Bank and are still doing the same thing. I have just filed a complaint against them with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency[OCC]Thus being said because these people The First National Bank of Marin of Las Vegas, Nev was deceitful about their credit card not just with me but to many others and have been ordered by the [OCC] to stop their deceitful practices but did not. Promising $600 credit that I never received $600 credit only $50 in which I only used $2 and made several payments after I do not owe them anything. The $694 is nothing nothing but interest charges for a card I only spent $2 on and paid back.

• Eb
      15th of Sep, 2009

I called to cancel my card today (they did not ask why) because I think its ridiculous that they charge me to accept payment from me. Both payment from online checking or debit cards result in a fee. Not sure how I missed that, but a fee for accepting a fee? Are they serious?

• Cl