Credit One Bank / processing payments on time!

I sent two payments 8 days ago from Columbus, OH to Credit One's payment address and another to another bank with the same zip code. This being both banks should of gotten their payments the same day. The other bank did get the payment and posted it on time 4 days after I mailed it. As of today 8 days later Credit One Bank has not posted my payment and even added a late charge to my account the same day the payment is due. Something funny is going on with this company because when I call them they are rude and talk to you like you are trash. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and he was some kid that treated you the same way. Customer service is very poor and they act like they don't even care about your business and concerns. They are more concerned about their money. I have been rebuilding my credit for years and never been late to anything and now this comes up. I refuse to be taken down by this FRAUDULENT bank and their practices. I have decided to contact an attorney and pursue legal action against Credit One Bank. I will keep this posted as information becomes available.

Comments

• Sh
      29th of Oct, 2007

Thank you for those that posted comments. I was interested in getting this card, so I went online to fill out my application. I put in the website address and a search engine popped up. Well, I thought I typed something wrong, so I put in the address again... Same search engine popped... I don't know alot about computers, but that just didn't seem right to me. I went to google and put in Credit One and this is what I came to. Thank you for saving me from getting p*ssed off down the line... I have very SERIOUS anger management issues, so reading your comments let me know that if I did business with these people I might one day be on the news.

• Me
      8th of Nov, 2007

I pay my bills through bill pay an online banking feature linked to my checking account. For about 6 straight months I received numerous late fees and couldn't figure out what was going on because I pay everything on time. Well I finally decided to pay off the balance on my credit card and after 18 days of nothing being posted to my account, I contacted my bank who informed me that they changed their mailing address. They changed the mailing address so that any payments being mailed to them would have to be rerouted, forwarded or returned to sender justifying a late fee! I am actually on hold right now with Credit One Bank to see what BS they are going to tell me now!

However, I did cancel my account last week.

• Sc
      21st of Dec, 2007

The same thing happened to me. I've only had the card for a few months and everything was going fine until I tried to make an online payment a few days before the due date. I was given a confirmation number which I printed out. After the due date, I noticed that the payment was never processed and they charged me a late fee and an over the limit fee. When i called Credit One they told me that I entered my debit card number incorrectly. I told them that the number is automatically stored in their system and that I had not changed it since I opened the account which had always worked. He then put me on hold for about ten minutes and when he got back on the phone he told me that he was mistaken. It wasn't my debit number, but the security code on the back. However, there is NO where to enter that information in their system. Liars! They deliberately do not process your payment until after the due date so that they can charge you astronomical fees.

These guys are crooks!

When I finally spoke with a representative on the phone, I immediately paid the entire balance and demanded that they close my account. I want absolutely nothing to do with this credit card company. They will continue to scam and charge you fees that are not warranted.

If you have this card, do anything you can to pay it off and close it immediately.

Good luck!

5th of Jan, 2008

Oh my god! I recently accepted my offer online yesterday! I wonder if it will happen to me. Do you guys have any suggestions when the time comes that I will pay my bills?? Is it better to pay in check??????........I think credit one cardholders should file a Class Lawsuit against this fraudulent Credit card company!!!!!! thanks to all of your feedback about this stupid company!

• Te
      11th of Jan, 2008

I am so sorry that everyone here is having problems with Credit One bank. I must be one of the lucky ones because I have had the card since June 2007 and they have increased my credit limit twice already (a customer now for 7 mos). I pay my bills through my bank bill pay (my bank pays them via EFT) and I haven't had a problem at all. Perhaps its because I pay the C1 bills through my online bill pay, and I dont mail them a check.

Good luck to everyone - I hope that everything gets resolved.