Cox Communications / cox communications won't stop service of deceased parents
My parents had their ISP, television and phone services through Cox Communications of Phoenix, Az. My father passed away September 2004 and my mother kept all services active. My mother passed away June 2006. I informed Cox of her passing and canceled internet and television services with no problem. As the house had a security system using phone lines I kept the phone active and had the billing transferred to my address. All of these actions were done over the phone with no requested identification of me.
In January 2007, I notified Cox that we no longer needed the phone. I was told that I could not make changes (including cancellation of services) without first showing a copy of the trust showing I was the trustee along with a death certificate. I refused their request for such information. They have continued to send bills (now up to 4 months for a total of over $87) despite repeated notifications that the service is canceled. I have been hung up on 3 times when I insisted to speak to a manager rather than to the lead worker at the call center I was speaking to.
I wrote a letter to corporate and received a letter back from someone identifying herself as a manager but with no phone number; the main phone number to the call center. She also noted in her letter to me that my refusal to provide a copy of my parents death certificates was "frustrating their attempts to help me".
I have called in and gone in-person to cancel services. I have written a 2 page letter to Cox canceling the service explaining in detail the history of this account and that it has been canceled. I am now just returning bills with a note indicating that the account has been canceled due to my parents deaths.
Once there is actual competition of services for High Speed Internet I will cancel Cox as my ISP and television services. Deregulation of the Cable industry has been a slam against the consumer.
More Cox Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Cox Communications - service and billing fraud 
- Cox Communications - mcafee security suite false advertisement 
- Cox Cable - hdmi connection 
- Cox Communications - 100.00 rebate 
- Cox Communications - above the law 
- Cox Communications - bungled new installation of the triple-pay package and billing for a service that I don't have
- Cox Communications - 0018501048338803. account number for jane e. buikstra, 114 e. 15th st.
- Cox Communications - channel ksn 3 in wichita ks
- Cox Communications - internet
- Cox Communications - internet service