Cox Communications Logo

Cox Communications

Having problems with Cox Communications?

Cox Communications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 18, 2006. The latest review Bills received from Convergent. Fraud. was posted on Sep 27, 2021. The latest complaint Some one opened service fraudulently in my name was resolved on Jan 17, 2021. Cox Communications has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 584 reviews. Cox Communications has resolved 66 complaints.

Cox Communications Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 278 6660 (Closed Captioning)
+1 800 234 3993 (Support)
6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE
Atlanta, Kansas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cox Communications Customer Service. Initial Cox Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cox Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cox Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Cox Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cox Communications Complaints & Reviews, Page 14

Cox Communicationsinternet service

Our Cox Communications internet service has been out since 6AM on Monday Feb 5, 2018. Account number: [protected] Called in for support on Monday Feb 5 and was told a tech would come on Tuesday, the 6th.
Tech could not resolve the issue. Was told others in the neighborhood were having the similar issue. Said the problem was upstream from us in the fiber optic network. Tech called later in the day to say they were still working on it. Tech called again on Wednesday AM and said service was up, problem was a fiber optic card in a distribution panel that needed to be reset.
Service did work, but was slow and a few hours later it failed again. Called tech support again and had another tech setup to come out on Thursday at 1PM. Service came up mid-morning on Thursday, so canceled the tech visit. Service worked through Thursday afternoon and evening.
Friday morning at 6AM service was out again. Called again for tech support, tech to come out on Saturday AM. Tech came and replaced 'ONC'. He called in the have the new 'ONC' linked up, but it wouldn't work. I was told the issue was upstream from us and that similar problem was occurring with others in our neighborhood. He made a few calls and supposedly had a 'critical' flag put on the problem ticket. He said he would let me know what was going on and keep me updated. He did not follow through with that. I received a call from Cox person on Saturday afternoon to do a survey about the call to tech support earlier in the week. Told her that service was still not working. She checked and said there was supposedly work being done. She said she would let me know. Did not receive a call back from her.
On Monday, February 12, the service is still out. Called into tech support again. No existing work ticket existed, so new one issued for tech to come out on Tuesday, February 13th between 8AM to 10AM. Spoke with a supervisor and was told that this tech would be set for 'expedited' so that first available would come out. Received a call from Karen at Cox, who apologized and mentioned the work order in place, but no mention of the supposed 'expedited' status. Said she wait to do anything till tech arrived and I was to call her after the tech left. I told her about the fact that the problem wasn't here but upstream from us, the issues and comments I had with techs the previous week, but it made no difference, she was going to wait for tech.
Tuesday, Feb 13th, the tech arrives and does a few things and makes telephone calls. He said he submitted a ticket to Atlanta for some kind of provisioning problem. Said that 'ONC' won't provision and has 3 others in our neighborhood doing the same thing. Said he would check back with me. So service is not working after 9 days.

The internet issue is a serious one for us. I work on custom databases and for me to do my work, I must have internet access to remotely access my customers computers and do my work. This has been a loss of revenue since Feb 5th. In addition, cell service as this location is very poor. We are able to get 1 bar for signal strength only. There are many places in this location where we have no cell service and as a result we miss calls, etc. To remedy the signal strength problem we also have a cell micro-tower. But that requires internet access to work. So we lose cell service, data plan service and internet service of this failure.

Cox Communicationsunauthorized changes to my account/ offered a bundle that had expired

Account: [protected]. Customer: Brad and Dawn Gibson; 1666 S. 152 Street; Omaha, NE 68144
    We moved to our house November 3, 2018 and service was established and installed with Cox on or around November 8. We bundled TV, Internet and phone for a total of around $250/month depending on taxes. Good for 12 months. The bill for November 2017 accurately reflects what we agreed to. We received several calls in November and December from Cox Home life. These calls were unsolicited - we did not inquire about Home Life security services at any time but were called on several occasions and offered the following: We get rid of the home phone and in it's place install security services. The home phone was the same cost as the basis plan so it would NOT change our bill in any way. We would pay installations costs and equipment and if we wanted additional monitoring we would pay the additional cost of approximately $20 extra a month. We had been customers of ADT and were happy with our service so we weren't looking to switch, but decided to give it a try when we were repeatedly told it would not alter our bill. The bundle we had would still be good and we would not pay anything additional for cable or internet services that we had already. We would never have added cox home life it that were the case. Our bill however increased significantly to about $415/ month. When I called to inquire as to why, I was told that the Home life people offered me a bundle that had expired in September and thus could not be put in place. So the deal they offered me had expired 2 months prior to them placing the first call to me and 2 months prior to our becoming cox customers. I asked that the deal be honored and was told there was absolutely no way they could do that. The best they could do was transfer me to Loyalty care to put me on a new bundle. Loyalty care could not put my bundle back together either. The best they could do for me was lower my bill to $337.34 a month. I asked why they couldn't give me the TV and Internet for what I had originally agreed to since it was not my fault that the bundle had expired and was being fraudulently offered to me and was told that they could not do so. When I called and spoke to a Supervisor in Home Life she was unapologetic that her staff had offered me a deal that didn't exist and repeatedly stated that she couldn't help me. I told her that I wanted the security services removed then as it was ridiculous to have to pay so much and was told that I'd have to pay the $600 fee that I was contractually obligated to pay for early cancellation.in my opinion the contract is void since the representative from Cox Home Life offered me a deal that had expired two months prior. I should add the representative repeatedly told me that if I had problems or questions I should call her because she received a bonus for each sale. I now wonder if she knew that the deal was expired at the time she was offering it or if she found out later - either way nothing was done to inform me. I believe that I should not have to pay over $85 extra in service because a Cox agent sold me a false deal. I further believe that the $600 cancellation fee can and should be waived and a technician should be sent out to remove all cox home life equipment. I further believe I should be refunded the money I spent on that equipment since it was installed under false pretenses. I do expect that when I enter into a contract for services that those services were accurately represented to me, and in this case they were not. Had I been told that my bundle would be erased by adding Home Life, I would not have agreed as I specifically chose Cox over your competitor because of price. I find it amazing that Cox can't make it right when it was there error in the first place.

Cox Communicationsall services: telephone, internet and tv service

On Thursday, February 8th, I saw technicians on my block working on the lines. The technician told me that they were there to try to upgrade the lines and to reduce the noise on the lines. We when I returned home, I was unable to use the phone, the Internet was down as well as the television service. The next available appointment was the next day, and two different technicians had to come out. As it turned out only one came out who could take care of everything, Dwight was a very professional person and he was able to get everything running after replacing some cables inside the house but since then the service has been going in and out. I believe that it is the service work which is going on in the neighborhood because you have technicians right around the corner from me and my service is going in and out. I am tired of the inconsistency and I cannot believe that you would not warn your patrons of the down time which you are putting them through and the frustration which it is generating towards COX. I am expected to pay for the cable replacement which your technician, Dwight, placed in the home. I think there may be a scam going on with the supposed upgrades you are claiming to be completing for your patrons who are loosing use of their phones, internet and television. You have a very unsatisfied patron.

Cox Communicationshigh speed internet

January 2009 to February 10, 2018
        Just called Cox Support to find out what I could do about getting the new wire installed. The wire that is currently running into my apartment is bad and no one wants to take ownership of this problem. All they do at support is either hang up on you or transfer you to a department that they know is not open on Saturdays. I have been paying for service for far too long and someone has to do something about this. I have no copy of an email. Do you think they would want to incriminate themselves.
        1. About 5 service tech plus 1 supervisors has been out.
        2. Trying to get and L.O.P. letter from Waterford Apt. in Virginia Beach is not happening since new wiring was done last year.
        3. I would like a refund of all the routers and modems I had to pay for at support request. Also, some need to call Waterford Apt. and talk with Marc. [protected]. He will not approve because of the repair last year. I am caught in the middle of all of this with no good service.
        [protected]@yahoo.com

Cox Communicationsbusiness internet

This complaint goes back to May of 2017. I was subleasing an office space and needed to move by the owner since they had a tenant that needed my space. I had to cancel my internet service with Cox which was the only choice on the form that I had. I wanted to suspend the service until I found a new space, however, my account was turned over to collection.
          I am a 15 year customer of Cox for TV, phone and internet.
          I have made repeated attempts to contact Cox and no one has returned my calls or answered any of my communications.
          Tom Ligare [protected] [protected]@cox.net
          Thank you for your help. I would like to resume my business internet when I have a new office.

Cox Communicationsunlimited internet data usage plan

21 years ago I signed up for the COX Communications package, part of which was an unlimited internet service. Over time I have canceled all services not needed like Digital Phone and Cable TV. I have continued with the internet service for so long because of the "Unlimited " aspect of the plan and the speed of the service.
            About a year ago I got a notice they were going to cap our data usage and I explained that it must not apply to my account because I signed up for the unlimited plan. She said that their business levels had increased so they had to limit all the customers to a certain amount of data. Timing was funny it came at a time just after cancelled my cable service.

A couple months later I had a problem with our service and called for technical support and the rep that handled the call told me it was my modem, I should replace it to newer technology and should correct the problem. In that conversation he offered to speed up my connection and I explained that I have unlimited service and do not want to jeopardize that service plan. He said he saw that and it would not, Thanked him and bought a new router.
            This month I noticed an increase in my bill and called them and they explained that there was nothing they could do that it is what it is and they had no intentions of changing it. I am not a contract lawyer but when someone says "Unlimited for as long as your a customer" to me that means unlimited for as long as I am a customer. Clearly not the case.
            Would like to see the agreement that was made when I started my account be honored till I move or change my account and reimbursed the overage fees to my account.

Cox Communications — trying to get my tv and internet service fixed for months

COX has been to my house for the past several months and no resolution. Each time rep says will send Supvr to...

Cox Communications — cox cable customer service

On 2/3/18 I tried to contact account support to address a recent rate hike to try and get an adjustment since...

Cox Communications — truck driver

Your truck driver in truck 679 I believe it was almost hit me twice getting off the 8 freeway. He was on hi...

Cox Communications — internet, data usage limits

To whom it may concern, I'm filing a complaint against the newly imposed Internet data usage limits by Cox...

Cox Communicationsinternet

I called a few months back about upgrading my internet. I was told I could but it would increase my bill by $100 per month, I declined the upgrade. I then decided to go out and purchase my own router to allow for wifi coverage throughout my entire home. On Saturday I chatted with a Cox specialist who told me I could just plug in my new router to my current Cox modem router combo, which by the way I pay a monthly fee for, I questioned the Cox specialist and asked "don't I have to call Cox and have Cox disconnect the router part of the modem"...I was told yes. Sunday I called to disconnect the router part of my modem and after being bounced around to 4 different Cox customer service agents I was finally told that I could not disconnect just the router that I would have to get a new modem. Not wanting to throw anymore money away on a rented one every month I purchased one from Amazon. The one purchased was on Cox list of compatible modems. My modem arrived today so when I got home from work I called Cox to disconnect their modem, the one I pay a monthly fee for, and connent the one I purchased. the first agent I talked to could not get it connected and told me it was an issue with the wiring in my house and he was going to have to send a truck out but the soonest they had available would be Wednesday. It did not add up, the modem I just disconnected worked fine so how is it by just connecting a new one would mean there was a wiring issue in my home, this did not make sense. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was asked by the the supervisor to reconnect my old Cox modem and crazy it worked...so I was then asked to reconnect the modem I had purchased but for some reason Cox can't get the new modem to work. I was told it had to be escalated to a different department and that he was off shift in an hour, he stated, typically to get this resolved should only take 30 minutes to an hour so he would call me back. After an hour no call so I called Cox back because now at this point it is almost 10pm. When I called back I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor. In speaking with this supervisor I was told that the gentleman I was speaking with and waiting on his call back was off the clock waiting for my ticket to be resolved and that he was working extra hours to serve me and they understand my frustration but there was nothing they could do, this new supervisor was very rude so I got her name and employee number. After I got off the phone with the rude supervisor I received a voicemall from the gentleman I was speaking with prior and he stated that the ticket hadn't even been looked at and it wouldn't be looked at until later on this evening and that he was leaving for the night but he would call me in the morning to get my internet back up and running. I tried to explain to Cox that I need to get back to work myself but I needed internet connectionto do so and I was told sorry there is nothing we can do. I then asked can we just reconnect my old modem so that I could get back to work and I was told there was now no way to reconnect my old modem and that I would have to wait until they could figure out the issue. I called back for a three time a spoke to a different supervisor who told me that the Cox system goes in to service mode at 12pm eastern time and there was nothing anyone could do to help me I just have to wait until Cox system is back up. I told her that would have been great information to provide to me before I disconnect my old modem. I pay a good amount to Cox each month for service and have been with Cox for over 11 years so a very loyal customer and this is the run-around I get I'm extremely frustrated.

Cox Communicationsservice transfer for 2 phone lines and high speed internet

Ordered service transfer online for 2 phone lines and Internet service 2 weeks prior to local move on Jan. 12, 2018. I spoke to someone at Cox customer service who said everything was set on or about Wed., Jan. 3, 2018. The following morning my phone was dead, contacted Cox Tech. Supp. and was told the order was input incorrectly, spent 45 mins. to have phone restored by higher level tech., who assured me all of my service transfer needs were scheduled for Jan. 12, 2018. Friday I received a call from Cox asking me if I cancelled my service transfer, explained everything, and they said it was all set then for Jan. 12, 2018. Today I receive a call from Cox saying no service transfer is set-up, asked for a supervisor, and told the soonest is now Jan. 16, 2018. The absolute pinnacle of incompetence exists and abounds at Cox. I don't fee they care about their customers, and their respective needs at all. This is unprofessional, and needs to be corrected. I need to have my services transferred and available on Jan. 12, 2018.

Cox Communicationsinternet

Cox has always been a shady organization. Their terms of service is a self entitled mess. They reward us for being loyal customers -as if we had a choice because they actually monopolize areas- by hiking our rates every year.

In my case I paid for unlimited internet when I signed up. Now I am forced to pay $50 dollars over my already steep internet bill. I mean really? $100 dollars a month for internet at a passable bandwidth?

Cox does not care about their users or clients.

Cox Communicationsinternet service

Hello, to whom it may concern. On Jan. 5th, 2018, I applied for new customer internet service. I did not have to pay a deposit. But I paid a one time $20 activation fee. I was told that I had to call back in the morning to activate it. I called the next morning with the phone number I was provided with. A representative then told me I had to go to a Cox Cable store. So I drove to the nearest store which is a 30 minute drive from my house. When I got to the store I signed in at there check in sheet and waited a half hour to be seen. The representative from the store handed me a piece of paper that explained on how to connect my router and modem. The representative said to just follow the instructions to get my new service activated. I drove home and connected all of the equipment I had. I then spoke to another representative on chat. I was then told that I couldn't activate my service cause of an existing account from the same address. I assumed it was from the prior tenant that moved from the house. I was then told to go back to a Cox Cable store. After I just got home from a Cox store. I asked why I wasn't notified that I couldn't open a new account in the first place. I was given no explanation. The representative said here is a phone number for our loyalty department and that they would compensate me for my incovienece. I was on the chat site for over a half hour. I then called that phone number and spent 1 hour and a half on the phone and still nothing had been resolved. The gentleman I spoke to was very nice and said he would call back later once he got a hold of someone from another department. I called the Cox toll free number an hour later and spoke to a new representative that was trying to help me activate the internet I ordered. The previous tenant left there equipment and I was able to have it transferred to my account. I was told I would have to rent it though. So I was transfered to the automated system so that I wouldn't be charged an additional v$10 fee. The automated system couldn't verify who I was so I had to call yet another representative. They then said I will transfer you to billing. I reached the billing department and it said to call back during business hours and the automated service came back on. It still couldn't verify who I was. So I called another representative. They told me I have to call billing back in the morning. I've spent over 8 hours today on the phone, at the Cox store, and online and still have been given the run around. I'm very displeased with the service I have been provided with and it's extremely unfair. I was promised compensation for my inconvenience and as of now, nothing has been done. My service hasn't even been activated yet and I'm considering on going with another carrier. That is vvery poor customer service. I hope other customers don't have to go through what I did today. Sincerely, Ty Patton. [protected] email- [protected]@yahoo.com 4852 Dorrance Way unit A Carpinteria, ca. 93013

Cox Communications — home flooded august 2016 cox equipment flooded

My home took on 6 foot of water in August 2016. I called Cox as well as all of my service providers to cancel...

Cox Communicationscustomers service

I was calling to cancel my internet service with Cox. The agent, Damian, was trying to convince me to stay with their company service with some discounts. After telling him that I was sticking to my decision, he finally did what I asked after I repeatedly tell him my decision more than 3 times. Right when he told me about the status of my account to cancel, he hung up on me before I can ask him to clarify my status and more information on my account.

Cox Communications — return of cox cable boxes

Jame & Elissa Fant 808 Primrose Ln, Chesapeake VA 23320 [protected] Cox Cable Boxes returned on 12/21/!7...

Cox Communications — retail store 3rd st & bell rd phoenix az

How are the retail staff trained before they start seeing customers? I visited the store at 3rd St & Bell Rd...

Cox Communicationstaking my own products

I came with my own modem router that I had gotten from someone and instead of Cox telling me that they can't replace it they just took it. And tried charging me another one. I tried to get it fixed and everyone is playing dumb saying It wasn't mine to own so thanks for stealing my stuff. I don't know if I was never supposed to own it or what but it wasn't labeled on my account I owned the physical modem/router and I brought it in. They said screw me taking it without even telling me that it wasn't mine to own or they can't switch it out and now everyone is playing dumb saying it was never mine I was renting it when it wasn't even linked to the account. And onto that they are trying to charge me for something I don't even have now. And never had.

Cox Communications — internet provider

I purchased the gigablast package first off I was never informed that it would not come with the router so...