Countrywide Mortgage / Appraisal and Application Fee

Countrywide Mortgage
Countrywide holds my current mortgage. Because of a balloon payment in 2010, and with the low interest rates, we decided to refinance. We looked at several banks and mortgage companies, and decided to go with Countrywide, because their good faith estimate looked the best, and we thought it would be nice to stay with the company. I paid them a $435 loan processing fee. A month went by, we had the appraisal, which looked "great". The day it was to be processed, I received a call saying that the appraisal came in low, and that our closing costs would increase by $1700 and .5 points. I decided to not have them process my loan, but, they would not refund my $435.00.
I then received a copy of the appraisal, which they could not find anything close to the 4.35 acres which our house sits on in Bothell, Wa.
The comps used were 1 acre parcels in the area, and they use some sort of conversion for a single family dwelling.
I asked to pay for a second appraisal and was denied.
Looking back, I noticed there was no market value of our home on the good faith estimate.
I feel this is done so that Countrywide can get you to give them money for the application fee, based on numbers that are incorrect. Then at closing make up for it by telling you the appraisal came in low to make the loan to value ratio in their favor, so they can add extra points and closing costs, that were should of been up front in the first place.