Countrywide Home Loans

Mortgage Modification Denial

Tom Vlasic
Chicago, Illinois
petitiononline.com
First of all, my website containing my petition against Countrywide Home Loans: http://www.petitiononline.com/mortgage/petition.html

Countrywide has been absolutely horrible to work with in regards to a mortgage modification. I requested a modification because I strongly believe that Truth in Lending errors and possible RESPA violations were done when my loan was underwritten.

When my 2nd mortgage was funded, I was told the value of my home was $158, 000 through an online valuation they use. It turns out the online valution compared my condo (studio) to 1 and 2 bedroom condos in my area and over valued my home by $68, 000!! Now I am seriously underwater and Countrywide refuses to work with me or even do the forensic audit I requested them to do. Twice I've asked them and twice they denied my modification request. Now Countrywide is telling me they will file foreclosure proceedings against me in February hence the reason for me putting up my petition.

Countrywide is horrible!!!
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Comments

A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I lost my job (as a Mortgage Loan Closer) and contacted CountryWide to see if I could refinance to lower my payment. The loan officer said I could do the FastTrack loan and eagerly took my non-refundable $380.00 fee. Three months later I havent heard back from them. My phone call, which of course every one passed the buck, revealed I was denied approval for a new loan. How nice of them to contact me and let me know! By this time I cannot make my mortgage payments. I call again to get help. What a joke! No help available..." just stop making your payments" is what I got out of it. Absolutely a waste of time and $380.
A  27th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
My husband bought the extra disability insurance from country wide and when it came time to call on it we were told that it only covered 3 months (he broke his neck and back in july 08) we were told we had to wait 3 months before we could call on the policy, mean while 4 months after repeatedly calling country wide to try to make arrangements to no avail we were put into fore closer we tried to lower our payments tried talking to their bank and their attorneys and again to no avail we got no where but a summons to appear, when we explained about the extra insurance country wide stated that it was not their insurance it was outsourced not their problem so the courts agreed and started proceedings to foreclose after sitting in court all day we head to the bank to be told we were overdrawn on our account which was odd we had just enough to keep it open . long story short we get home and read our mail, , , we received a letter from country wide stating that an employee(now an ex employee) had sold my husbands identity .. we file A POLICE REPORT AND TO THIS DAY COUNTRY WIDE WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for our overdrawn account nor for the foreclosure on our home there was so many ppl we spoke with we couldn't keep track of who we spoke with after 3 notebooks and nothing but runarounds and alot of bsing from them i would place my family in a cardboard box before we took a penny from that company again so ppl please watch carefully to make sure our information stays just that yours

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree