Comcast - Minneapolis, MN / connection problems, no refund

We had Comcast for 2 years, they supplied our cable phone and internet. We started experiencing problems with our phone service right away. Our phone would go out for hours at a time we were unable to receive and make calls. When I contacted them from a payphone I would sit on hold forever to be told that they ran a check and yes it does not seem to be functioning properly. After the call my phone would start working again for anywhere from 1 month to a week. About a month ago I had a vacation planned and need to confirm my hotel and flight, My husband was also driving a crappy car because our good car broke down, my husband had my cell phone in case he broke down he could call me to go get him. That morning my phone went out and when I called them yet again they told me they wouldn't be able to fix it for 24 hours I explained that it was very important that it get taken care of right away. I was told that it was unlikely that it would be taking care of that day but If they were able to get a tech out they would call me. I again explained to her my phone didnt work. After some choice words I told her to just disconnect my service.

After we returned back from vacation my phone was working . I called and switched service to a different co. I was told I would receive a refund from the time my service was out and also for the time I had already paid for, I was told by the rep. that it was $91.54. Today I received a check for $41 when I contacted them I was told that the discount for when my phone was not working was not in the computer and since I no longer had their service they were unable to issue the refund.

A  28th of Dec, 2008 by
From the time I got C'cast service 4 years ago it has been a nightmare. First I was somehow erroneously hooked up to 2 other people's tel lines! Like a party line and you couldn't call if someone else was using it...one of the "users" though I was hacking into her line and threatened to call the FBI! This went on for days...and waiting for a "tech" to come took more days then he couldn't find the problem (and, seriously, was an idiot who kept looking at his watch and asked me if there was a Hardees nearby) so it took MORE days to finally solve it! Asked for some kind of reimbursement for
those days I had to use my cell but no can do, I was told. Then, found out my "new" # was actually the previous # of a lady of the night...with almost a hundred messages "left" that I had to manually delete! (And still get calls at 2 am asking if I'm "working" tonight. Now, this latest glitch is that my TV (expensive on demand, premium service) has been off for 3 days and it's Christmas. Have tons of relatives, friends over, the kids want to watch something, I think what am I paying this for? I am looking for another service altogether. Crazy. And try sitting on the phone for 45 minutes while the taped message tells you how many good servics they offer and all the cool movies you CANNOT WATCH because the whole company is so incompetent.

Comcast / Xfinity Logo Comcast / Xfinity