Comcast - Atlanta, Georgia / comcast internet is nothing but trouble!

I have had nothing but trouble since i got service through comcast. On July 6th my service was connected, but they had to have a new cable installed from the pole to my house. I was told on that day that the cable would be buried in 10 business days. It was done on Dec 4. In November i wrote a complaint to the FCC, i was sent a copy of the letter that comcast responded with stating the cable was buried on Nov 13th. I have a copy of the work order stating that it wasn't buried until 12/4/06. On 12/27 ironically I called to transfer my service to a new address since i was moving, 23 days after the cable was just buried. On 12/31/06 at 11:50pm my service went out... Go figure. I called customer service and was put on hold. Once my internet service mysteriously came back on i got online and spoke with a rep named Greg who was nothing but rude to me. He stated that since i had requested a transfer my account had been closed and he could not help me. I asked him just to reset my cable box anything to help. Nothing he outright refused to help. I asked to speak to a manager and he just stated there's not one available at this time. All of this of course while i was still on hold on the phone waiting for a rep to answer. After I thanked him for ruining my new years and making me cry he thanked me for using comcast and told me to have a great day. I'm so serious. I did some research and found comcast's corporate office and phone number along with responding to the complaint with the FCC i plan on raising cane. I also have gone with bell south and direct TV just so i don't have to deal with comcast ever again.

Comments

• Ca
      15th of May, 2007

I also have had nothing but trouble from Comcast, Atlanta. Their customer service is useless, and have been refused speaking to a supervisor on numerous occasions, and when I was able to speak to a supervisor, they were of NO help whatsoever. In trying to switch to another provider I found out that Comcast is the ONLY high speed internet provider in this neighborhood.

When looking for service, I would suggest to try anyone BUT Comcast. After doing some research I also found out that they are owned by Scripts Howard Communications, who are as right wing as anyone can get!

• Fe
      20th of Jun, 2007

I wish I would have read this earlier. I just moved to Atlanta and have had nothing but problems. First the contractor asked for more money than what I was told to pay and refused to finish install until I paid. Secondly the contractor was so rude that I called to complain and it fell on deaf ears with them. I called about what my balance was and have been told three different amounts by three different reps. They did not check all my outlets and when I needed then to fix the one in my bedroom, which I missed work for, they told me that they called me and I did not answer which was a flat out lie. The customer service reps are useless and waste the air they breath. I have already dumped over 250 dollars and regret every cent. If you read this take my advice and go with anyone else.

22nd of Jun, 2007

Comcast corporate phone number, person will answer, no automated system, 18006407816

• Ah
      5th of Jul, 2007

If you want to get anything done about Comcast, contact the Better Business Burea! Online complaint process that will get their attention. It also lists all phone numbers to reach a person who is capable of solving problems. I have had nothing but trouble since Comcast took over Adelphia. What a sorry company! Customer service is non existent to say the least and the really don't give a Da** about any problems you may have. They just want your money and that's it...

• De
      10th of Sep, 2007

I signed up for Comcast cable, internet, and phone service. A nice guy came and worked to install everything. Could not fix it completely but left me with phone and internet and so-so cable. He told me to call Comcast and order another repair.

By the next a.m. I had no cable, internet or phone. They sent someone out to do a repair and called and left a message on my phone. Of course, I had no phone service so how could I know they were coming. Yesterday I spent over an hour trying to set up an appointment. Service was so lousy that I woke up this morning an decided to cancel everything with them.

I have never seen such a lousy company.

6th of Nov, 2007

I agree with Debra... I had Roadrunner email with Time Warner Cable for several years until I was sold down the river to Comcast. Talk about culture shock! I have never seen such awful service. A few days before the changeover I set up a yahoo email account. I just had a feeling that there might be a problem. I was right. It took 3 weeks of non existent customer service to get my Comcast.net account set up. I then started noticing that about 7 PM each night I would have trouble sending yahoo emails. I googled a question and was directed to a site dedicated to complaints about Comcast. They were hampering my yahoo mail use as well as email of many other people. I now have another server but the Comcast email still comes up in the box when I try to send a link to someone. I've been told they can't do anything about that till the 15th. I anyone wants to instigate a class action suit against them feel free to contact me via this site.

• Re
      19th of Nov, 2007

I am fed up! I was tricked into "updating "my box! Now it will not work with my Tivo unit! I called and was laughed at by a man named Eric who would not give my a last name or transfer me to a supervisor!

I was told that If I anted a dvr buy one from them for a monthly fee and that my tivo will not work with it ever!

This company is SO Bad. I want everyone to call the 18006407816 it is corp #{a real person!} and hit the Better Biz web site also!

• Yo
      13th of Apr, 2008

Hey come on now I am so tired of hearing you guys say this and that about all of these tv companies whether it be satelite, dish or cable tv. Last time I checked tv was a privilged not a right. What you guys need to do is get a life and stop watching so many tv channels. You guys chose to go with these companies and now your complaining whose fault is that really, YOUR FAULT!!! And also since you went from comcast to dtv do you really think that you upgraded the companies that you deal buisness with YOU ###. Look up DTV and see how many people are really satisfied. At least with comcast they try to work with you not say "F U" because we have you in a contract lik DTV. Wake up and smell the coffee you idiots and if you dont like this get "BUNNY EARS"!!

Your friendly comcast person

• Gl
      10th of Jun, 2008

I strongly agree. The Comcast signal and the customer service is even worse. The freelance technicians don't know what they are doing.

Time for the dish...
    Glen Fisher

• Ri
      22nd of Jun, 2008

I previously had service with Time Warner and had no problems, now Comcast has taken over and I have nothing but problems. My Tv service is always going out and they tell you that it will be a week before they can send anyone out. Then the service man that comes out says that the last guy that came out did the wrong thing and that is why the service went out. Most every one I talk to in this area is having a lot of problems and it is really bad when the whole system goes down and you have to use your cell phone to call and report the problem and then they have no record of you calling.

• Jb
      27th of Oct, 2008

Well we have the "bundle" and it all goes out often. We have had differnt persons come to our home and each one tells us something different. It is expensive to have these services(which don't work often) but no one at Comcast seems to care...WHY DOES COMCAST MAKE IT SOUND SO GOOD WHEN IT IS SOOOOOOOO BAD?

24th of Aug, 2009

Comcast customer service is horrible. I donot recomend this service even to enemy. They cheated very much. Don't buy this horrible service.

8th of Sep, 2013

How can Comcast hire a thief and a fraud. I've been trying to contact Comcast about this employee with negative results. This sales/marketing representative has been praised, promoted, and promised a higher pay and a all paid moving expense from Horsham, Pa. Business Class Sales/ Marketing Rep. to there Atlanta, Ga. office to improve business, with an open criminal case of 15 felonies of theft, unlawful taking and theft by deception held for trial on all 15 felonies after a indictment and a parliamentary hearing. If Comcast is backing this crook imagine what type of crooks they are Representative of Comcast in there Sales and marketing department Anthony R Harris Public Arrest record as follows:COURT OF COMMON PLEAS OF DELAWARE COUNTY
    Page 2 of 5
    Sentence/Diversion Program Type Incarceration/Diversionary Period Start Date
    Sentence Conditions
    Held for Court (Lower Court) Defendant Was Present
    Lower Court Disposition 03/26/2013 Not Final
    1 / Theft By Unlaw Taking-Movable Prop Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3921 §§ A
    2 / Theft By Unlaw Taking-Movable Prop Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3921 §§ A
    3 / Theft By Unlaw Taking-Movable Prop Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3921 §§ A
    4 / Theft By Unlaw Taking-Movable Prop Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3921 §§ A
    5 / Theft By Unlaw Taking-Movable Prop Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3921 §§ A
    6 / Theft By Decep-False Impression Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3922 §§ A1
    7 / Theft By Decep-False Impression Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3922 §§ A1COURT OF COMMON PLEAS OF DELAWARE COUNTY
    Page 3 of 5
    DISPOSITION SENTENCING/PENALTIES
    Disposition
    Case Event Disposition Date Final Disposition
    Sequence/Description Offense Disposition Grade Section
    Sentencing Judge Sentence Date Credit For Time Served
    Sentence/Diversion Program Type Incarceration/Diversionary Period Start Date
    Sentence Conditions
    8 / Theft By Decep-False Impression Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3922 §§ A1
    9 / Theft By Decep-False Impression Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3922 §§ A1
    10 / Theft By Decep-False Impression Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3922 §§ A1
    11 / Receiving Stolen Property Held for Court (Lower Court) F3 18 § 3925 §§ A
    11 / Receiving Stolen Property Held for Court F3 18 § 3925 §§ A
    12 / Receiving Stolen Property Held for Court F3 18 § 3925 §§ A
    13 / Receiving Stolen Property Held for Court F3 18 § 3925 §§ A
    14 / Receiving Stolen Property Held for Court F3 18 § 3925 §§ A
    15 / Receiving Stolen Property Held for Court F3 18 § 3925 §§ ACOURT OF COMMON PLEAS OF DELAWARE COUNTY
    Page 4 of 5
    COMMONWEALTH INFORMATION
    Name: William J. Judge Jr.
    District Attorney
    Delaware CO Da's Office
    201 W Front St
    Media, PA 19063
    ATTORNEY INFORMATION
    Name: Fincourt B. Shelton, Esq.
    Private
    Original Papers Received from Lower Court
    1 04/24/2013 Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    Information Filed
    2 04/24/2013 Delaware County Court Administration
    Criminal Notice Form Filed PTC/RWC Scheduled for 5/20/13 at 9:00 AM in Judge Jenkin's CRT RM
    1 05/20/2013 Jenkins, Patricia H.
    Criminal Notice Form Filed; Trial Date 6/17/13; Courtroom #3 Judge Jenkins
    1 05/22/2013 03/26/2013 MDJ-32-1-23
    Transcript from Lower Court, 32-1-23, Judge McKeon, Hearing Date; March 26, 2013, Pages 113
    2 06/17/2013 Jenkins, Patricia H.
    Criminal Notice Form filed; Trial date 7/1/13 Courtroom #3 Judge Jenkins
    3 06/17/2013 HARRIS, ANTHONY
    Waiver of Rule 600 and Speedy Trial Rights Filed
    4 06/17/2013 Jenkins, Patricia H.
    ORder Scheduling Trial Beginning July 15, 2013 at 9:00am, Crtrm #3
    Judge, William J. Jr.
    06/17/2013 Interoffice
    Shelton, Fincourt B.
    Printed

10th of Jun, 2015

someone who says she works for u called me today and threatened my service.and i live in florida, wanting me to pay for someone elses bill, that to me is not right this person name marlene. this person is a menace to ur company.angie from florida

• So
      15th of Dec, 2016

I just read an article from Sept 26, 2014 where Comcast promises Charlie Herrin, Senior V.P. Customer Service will fix the issues of Comcast not only having the worst customer service for cable providers but the worst customer service in for all businesses in the U.S.
    This is my problem as of today, Dec 8, 2016. On Oct 20, 2016 we ordered Comcast. I was told to be home between 1-5 p.m. for the install. The tech arrived on 10/27/16 to do the install. He could not do to the pole outside our home needed a Tap. So he left without being able to tell me when 1 would be installed. I called Comcast and was told a Tap would be done and I got another install for 11/1/16. I was told to be home between 1-5 p.m. so I took another 1/2 day off of work. The tech was a No Show. No phone call or anything. I waited until 4:45 p.m. and called Comcast to see what happened speaking to Christy who had told me the Tap hadn't been installed so therefore, a tech would not have been able to do the install anyway. She said she would look into why I did not receive a phone call and she would have someone call me back to reschedule. I never heard anything. On 11/16/16, I again called Comcast and spoke to Jerry who transferred to a supervisor by the name of Justin. Justin apologized and told me he would wave the installation fees of $86.80 and $50.00 for missing 2- 1/2 days of work and look into why we were having so much trouble with the install and call me back. Which he never did. I waited until 11/21/16 and again called Comcast speaking to Denise. She promised me she was going to get to the bottom of this issue and get it resolved. She went to give me her extension #1011031 and told me if I had any future problems, to call her directly so I would not have to continue explaining our situation each time to a new operator. She put me on hold and when she came back, she told me the Tap was set up and I would be good to go for the tech to do the install. I received another automated phone call telling me to be home on 12/01/16 between 1-5 p.m. for the install. Again, I took another 1/2 day off work. Again a No Show. on 12/02/16 at 10:30 a.m. I called Comcast speaking to Michelle who I explained all of this to and asked for another supervisor. She told me her supervisor was on another call and would return my call in 15 minutes. I waited until 4:20 never hearing from her supervisor and calling Comcast back at this time. Speaking to an operator who transferred me to yet another supervisor. I explained everything to him and he told me there was nothing he could do for me other then to transfer me to sales. He was not very nice and very agitated because I wanted an explanation and he did not care to hear my concerns or the fact that at this point, I have now lost 3- 1/2 days of work and still have gotten No results or service. He again said that I must speak to sales. That he would transfer me to the appropriate sales rep. I was put on hold at 4:25 p.m. and remained on hold until 5:07 p.m. At this point, Arial took my call. I gave her my zip code and was told that she was in a different state and that I would need to speak to sales in Georgia. I was already speaking to the 1st operator as well as the supervisor in Georgia when he initially put me on hold for 42 minutes. Arial put me on hold once again at 5:08 - 5:12 p.m. Jessica in the Georgia sales department took my call. I began explaining my situation. She asked for my last four digits of S.S. # and pulled up our account. She told me she was not seeing evertything I was explaining. I gave her then our Account #. She was confused. She said that this Account was closed and another one was opened. This had me confused now. Why do we have 2 Accounts? She put me on hold for 2 minutes and returned with what she said was good news. She went on to tell me that the Tap had been installed and she would send a tech out to do the install. I told her the Tap was not installed. She said no, the computer showed that a work order had been written by the guy who supposedly did the Tap and the work order for Tap was done. I was standing outside looking at the pole and there was No Cable coming to our home. She was confused once again and put me back on hold from 5:32 p.m. - 5:38 p.m. When she returned, she told me she had sent an email to the tech who filled out the work order to see what happened and why he closed out the work order? Jessica said I would receive a phone call within 72 hours regarding this. That was on 12/02/16. Today is 12/08/16 and I am still waiting. At this point, I don't believe Comcast cares one bit about us as a new customer or the fact that I have now called a total of 8 times and lost a total of 1 1/2 days from work. Joe W. Account #'s- Ending in -02 & -03