Coast Dental & Orthodontics / doctor and assistant

1 Land O Lakes, FL, United States

Hello. My name is Diana Rodriguez and I used to be a patient at Coast Dental in Land O Lakes Florida (corner of State Road 54 and Collier Parkway). I went in January 2017 to get a filling in my upper right molar. Less than a month later, it cracked so I went back to see if they could fix it for me. It seemed simple enough, but the doctor (Dr. Roberts) said he couldn't fix it and could only put in a crown instead. The crown costs more than $700, and the filling costs about $100. When I called the office and spoke to the assistant (Kassie), she agreed with the doctor and would said they could not fix it for me. I had to go to another doctor, pay $71 as a new patient, and be told they could fix the crack in the filling. I also now have a metallic taste on my tongue that won't go away. I am also put in a complaint in with the Florida board of doctors. I am on disability and am not rich by any means. I think they are both unprofessional, gave substandard care, and caused me harm. Please write me back with a response to my complaint. Thank you!

La