Coast Dental Servicescompany logo

Coast Dental Services

Coast Dental Services

Learn how the rating is calculated

3 141 complaints
81 resolved 60 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Coast Dental Services Go to website

Coast Dental Services reviews & complaints 201 - 141

Coast Dental Services complaints 141

Coast Dental Services - rip-off, scammers

Coast Dental handed me a list work I needed dont totaling $3000. They also told me I needed a deep cleaning. When I looked at all the paperwork I saw that there was a "sonic care brush" as part of my cleaning, and also some other form of rinse. When I asked the nurse ehat it was she says "Oh, you really don't need to get that done, but we recommend it". Before my x-rays they also told me they were going to test me for oral cancer. I figured it was part of the procedure. When I asked the nurse if I really needed it done, again, she says "well we do recommend it, but if you don't want it done we don't have to". Why recommend things that are so expensive if they are not needed? As I was leaving I also asked for my bleach refills for my teeth whitening. They refused to give me my whitening refills until I had "all the work done". Of course, I went elsewhere and am very happy with them. They were honest. My mouth wasn't even close to being as bad as Coast Dental told me it was.

ajdru is clearly an employee at Coast dental cause my wife was given this long itemized list of all the work she needed and when she said she just wanted a regular cleaning they refused and said she HAD to have those things done.

It seems to me it's a good thing that Coast Dental provides a list of all the work that they recommend, so you get all the information you need to make an informed decision and know what they feel you need so you have the best dental care possible. No matter whether it's the dentist, doctor or the people doing work on your car -- the final decision is up to you, the individual, to choose. Yes, there are insurance companies that pay for certain procedures and those that don't -- that, too, is up to the individual to know what/if the insurance company is going to pay. The professionals at Coast Dental are more than willing to discuss each and every procedure, give you brochures and sheets that provide details and help YOU make informed decisions.

Everyone I have come in contact with at Coast Dental Palm Bay has been professional and pleasant. They have treated me as if I am a new friend that they are happy to meet and help with every phase of dental care. Extremely competent and caring people. Since I have just recently settled in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area, it is a relief to know I have found an excellent place to take care of my dental needs.

L

I, too, was ripped off by Coast Dental Palm Bay and so was my husband. The hygenist is deceitful. She explains the procedures she wants to do and has the person sign that the treatment can be done. What she fails to tell the patient is that most of the procedures she wants to do are NOT covered by insurance. The dentists aren't much better. I had to have a filling replaced in a tooth (or at least the dentist "said" I did). I was charged $300 because I was told my insurance company would not cover the type of filling I needed. I later took my daughter to another another dentist. She had the same tooth filled with the same material using the same insurance company. The filling cost only $17! Coast Dental Palm Bay will not code procedures correctly so that the insurance company will pay for the procedure.

Coast Dental Services - fraudulent billing

Coast Dental
2907 Vineland Road
Kissimmee, FL34746 Phone: [protected]
Coast Dental billed us for services/ charges that never were made then reported this to the credit bureaus when we refused to pay the fraudulent bills they sent us. We called many times, only got a recording to leave a message, we did, but were never called back.

Now, I am writing to the credit bureaus about this demanding the uncollected charges status be taken off our name. I am still in disbelief that this happened and that Coast Dental had been such an underhanded operation. We took our 20 year old daughter for the COST-FREE cleaning, xrays, and evaluations to Coast Dental, It seemed like a very high amount of work that they wanted to do, so we brought her and the list they gave us to our long time dentist here in Miami where we live.

Our suspicions were confirmed, the bill was padded with un-necessary stuff, so we never went back to Coast Dental, . Then we started to receive a bill in the mail for $ 51.00 ???? Since we never had returned, we just felt that it was a mistake. No one at Coast Dental would return my call, and they eventually reported this to the credit bureaus as a black mark against our credit.

Coast Dental needs to be ashamed of themselves, first, for padding the estimate for work to be done and second, for the fraudulent billing to us, trying to rob us of money we never owed them for services that never were given .

Coast Dental Services - credit of credit card payment

I've paid with my payflex medical card of $504.00 on a Friday, April 20, 2011. I called to cancel the scheduled making of lower dentures on the following Monday morning. they cancel the making of the lower dentures. but here's the kicker. they told me it would be 2 months to receive credit on my medical card. because those funds are held up by Coast Dental, I can not pay for medicine I need. I have 2 weeks worth of my diabeties injections.
Today i plan to drive to the coparate office of 75 miles from my home, hopeful for them to speed their process of crediting my medica credit card.

Coast Dental Services - scam, fraud, ripoff

Rude, insensitive staff. Young, inexperienced dentist unsure of himself. "Patient Care Coordinator" (with the personality of Nurse Ratchett / Cruella DeVille) solely intent on obligating patients to...

Coast Dental Services - malpractice

This dental office nearly ruined my tooth and has created a fear of dentists In me forever. I go in for an irratated tooth and they immediatly start a root canal. The numbing shots did not work and they just told me "your roots just wont take the shots". Never an issue at other dentists! After 6 hours of work on one tooth and 12 shots later they still didnt finish. They worked on it again a week later and the temporary fitting had collapsed within this time. After getting another temp filling and it falling out too they gave me an uncomfortable crown. The nurse MADE the clunky thing fit. After a month the tooth started bleeding and I went to a good oral surgean to fix it. He noticed a near fracture in my jaw bone and also found the other dentist had not finished the root canal. Also, I'm now having to get the crown CUT from my gums because it does not fit and it had to be drilled through. NEVER go to coast dental...you will pay for it for years like my father and I. They actually did fracture his jaw bone during a root canal that they addmitted they were not equipped for it after the surgury was half done.

did you sign a consent form?

Coast Dental Services - patient/doctor privacy

As soon as I sat down the dental assistant told me I was getting a cancer test for my mouth and it would be $64.00 instead of the $5.00 I was told the visit was going cost. When I asked if I had to...

Coast Dental Services - trying to overcharge

I recently moved to Florida and needed to find a new dentist. I have Cigna HMO so my options were rather limited. Luckily, I have been to the dentist every six months for the past 40 years. I have never had a single cavity or dental problem of any kind. All of my visits have consisted of a standard cleaning and x-rays once a year. Imagine my surprise when I went to Coast Dental and the "dentist" told me I had severe calculus build up and would require an extensive deep cleaning before they could give me a standard cleaning. After insurance it was going to cost me $200. They also told me I was in the advance stages of gum disease. When I pointed to the poster on the wall and indicated that I was not demonstrating any of the symptoms listed(bleeding gums, loose teeth, bad breath) the "dentist" informed me that you don't always need to have those symptoms to have gum disease!!! I asked why this would not have come up before during one of my previous dental appointments and she informed me that perhaps my prior dentist "was afraid to tell me." I absolutely refused any further treatment and left immediately. I should have known right away that this was not a good place. The office was filthy and the equipment was very outdated. When I returned to work and relayed my story to some of my co-workers, two of them told me they had the exact same situation as me. One of them is looking into filing a complaint with the BBB. Coast Dental is an awful place and I would caution anyone about using their services.

yes I agree with Leo. I was working there for 8years, every single Dentist is an employee so they have to fallow Coast Dental Rules '. this is dental industry were every single employ has to sell and make money, doctors and dental hygienist does not have any respect from corporation. lot of harass from corp. they call every day threaten employees they will fire them if they do no meet the goal of the day (money) I am seek right now after so many years working with them, full of stress and taking medication. so be aware employees and patients.

Coast Dental Services - not getting my dentures as promised on time

I went to coast dental in august of 2010 to have a set of dentures made, it cost me $2, 700 dollars, the set came back hideous looking they said they were having another set made, but as of now i still have no bottom plate.i've had to work since August and be around the public with no teeth, i think i should be compensated some of my money back, i'm very dissappointed in there service and i would not recommence no one go there, if i get no answer back, i am going to go thru the Better Buerua and see what they recommend me to do, , Barbara Brummitt

Coast Dental Services - substandard work

A nightmare and not over yet! Talked into bridge after a tooth had to be extracted by a surgeon at another location. My dental bridge does not fit properly, it has a pontic that sticks out, the front...

Coast Dental Services - over charge 220.00 for cleaning

I went here on Feb 2 2011 because it was in my medicre dental plan the first thing they wanted to take a bunch of xrays I let them take the xrays and they did a cleaning I paid 171.00 dollars and...

Coast Dental Services - botched cosmetic veneers

I first came to coast dental back in 2008 for a routine exam/cleaning. I choose them because they were the closest to my house that accepted my insurance. At my first appointment everything seemed great. Dr. Binus asked me if there was anything I could change about my smile what would it be? I had a gap in the front due to a baby tooth that never came out on its own and had to be extracted and then had braces, but the gap never completely closed. She went over the veneer process with me and they came back with an estimate for the procedure and said that my insurance would cover part!! She said I must have really awesome insurance, and I believed her. That was my first mistake. Keep in mind I had just turned 18 and would have never expected a company to take advantage of me and silly me, I believed what they told me. So I set up the appointment to have my veneers put on. My second appointment we did molds of my mouth and picked the shape and color. I picked the second to whitest color at her advice because the whitest just looked to fake..so she said. At my final appointment she put my permanent veneers on and when she handed me the mirror all I kept thinking is these things are darker than my natural teeth!!! I mentioned to her that they looked a little yellow but she said the next color up would have been too white. So off I went to show my family my new smile. When my family all said the same thing I knew it wasnt just me. I called the next day to tell them how unhappy I was with the result all the girl told me was they can redo them but I would have to pay for it AGAIN! I never went back. Flash forward to 2010, I go to a new dentist for a check up and x-rays. The assistant says the dentist would like to see me in his office. I knew that was not normal. He pulls up my x-rays on his computer and explains to me that whoever did my veneers did a horrendous job and they left a ledge between my gumline and the veneers. All this time I just assumed this was normal. He then tells me that it is a breeding ground for bacteria and it has actually eaten away at my bone and they need to be replaced with crowns immediately. If I dont, they will eventually become loose and fall out. So not only is it an aesthetic problem, now its effecting my heath! I called a lawyer to see if there was anything that could be done but he said the statue of limitations had run out. Oh and to make matters worse, my insurance didnt pay for a dime!!! A debt collector called me a year later and threatened to put it on my credit report if I didnt pay the remainder. They are crooks and unqualified to be preforming any kind of cosmetic procedures.

Coast Dental Services - misrepresentation, overcharging

Went in for a general check-up as first time patient, they charged me for x-rays when I was sure it was covered by insurance. The next day I double-check with my insurance company and they say it is covered 100%. I call Coast and they say the charge was really for oral cancer screening, yet they made no mention of that at the visit. Was told I need root scaling and planing, and got a two-page list of the cost - $1468! Root planing is also covered 100% by my Aetna insurance, so I call again and they claim most of the charges are for irrigation. Sorry, I'm not buying that. I changed dentists and disputed the charge with my credit card company.

Coast Dental Services - poor work -

The work done by Dr. Ordehi (Coast Dental) was begun in February of 2010, and six months later was still not finished. There were problems from the beginning. Dr. Ordehi’s attempt at numbing my mouth...

Coast Dental Services - misdiagnosis

Had an A+ cleaning in 02/2010 @ Coast. Go for 6 mth cleaning 10/2010 and now I have major periodontal issues. They "manually" checked my gums and "found pockets", etc. w/ 3, 4, and 5 was the number count. My portion of the "deep cleaning" is $271.00 (with insurance).. I declined treatment. I went to the dentist I had a year or so ago before insurance about approx. one week later (didn't mention recent my trip to Coast Dental)... had a 6 month cleaning.. $20.00 with A+ teeth. Their testing of my gums was done by machine with 1, 2, 3 as the number count. Coast is a total rip off. I'll pay whatever I must before I go to any "dentist in a box" again.

I'm not suprised. I worked for Coast for a couple of years and that is one of the scariest dental offices I have ever seen. It really shocks me that you were misdiagnosed with Perio because that is their #1 prodocal. Even if you had a perfectly healthy mouth if you went into any GA or FL Coast you would be diagnosed perio.

Replied
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Coast Dental Services - overcharging

I went to them for a root canal and crown, First they overcharge me, then even though I told them I was allergic to nickel they put a metal crown in my mouth and of course I had a reaction to it, so...

Coast Dental Services - watch your money

The worst ever place I have been.
Don't go there. Its horrible place and they say you have all problems which you don't have.
And here is the worst part. After treatment they will charge you a lot of money you didn't know.
Ah, you can say "I have ensurance, so not a problem for me ...", here is another headache. They will charge you something that ensurance does not cover.
Please don't go there, find anothe place but don't go in Coast Dental.

OMG.. I wish i had seen this stuff sooner. My kids have gone to the dentist every six months since they were 2 years old. Now since we moved back to Tampa, Fl after being in another state for the past 8 years I made them an appointment to go to Coast dental on Waters ave, Tampa, Fl 33634 on seperate occations and they have scammed my oldest saying that all of a sudden he needs over 8, 000.00 worth of dental work. They were charging the top $$ for crowns, etc. After I called and inquired further, they said owe well we can use a less expensive crown. Which has now reduced it to about 6000.00. All the time knowing that we did not have dental insurance. Now my youngest went in yesterday for his first cleaning and he is 18 years old and has dental coverage. I called to check on him for the appointment and he said.."oh and you have to pay an additional 20.00 for the xray becuase they did one that isnt covered by the dental insurance". I maintained my composure and let it slide only saying that i shoudl have been notified. TOday, I get a call to confirm his appointment for a cleaning on MONDAY when he sat at the office for over 3 hours IN THE DENTIST chair for an exam AND CLEANING on Tuesday! Oh and by the way, he now needs a special cleaning because he is also geting gum disease!! REALLY??? this is so far from the truth... again, my kids have been to the dentist every 6 months since they were 2 years old and NEVER have I heard of such a coincidence of both kids now having gum disease???? I plan to follow up with an attorney and BBB!

I had to find this out the hard way

Coast Dental Services - dishonest dental group

I have never had any dental problems and I'm 38 years old. I had to change dentists when my insurance changed so I chose Coast Dental. Upon arrival I showed them my full set of x-rays I had just six months before at my previous dentist. CD said they were not satisfactory and would need to take an entire new set.
After the x-rays I met the dentist who examined my mouth and said everything looked fine. Next came the hygienist who did her eval and told me I had horrible periodontal disease and needed a $1300 deep cleaning every three months!!! All the while she was trying to sell me a sonic care toothbrush for $125. I told her I have NEVER had ANY dental problems and just wanted the routine cleaning covered by my insurance. She said she couldn't do it because I could lose a tooth and then I would sue her and she would lose her license! I then told her I didn't agree with her eval and wanted a copy of my x-rays and her eval to get a second opinion. She tried to pressure me into getting the cleaning that day but I insisted she wasn't coming near me until I sought the second opinion.
When I went to check out my copay was $5, they charged and additional $15 to copy the xrays and chart, and and additional $80 for a cancer screening. Cancer Screening???? I didn't ask for this and it sure was not covered by my insurance. Wow, just got taken for $100.

I not only got a second but a third opinion by two dentists, not hygienist and both agreed I did NOT have periodontal disease. Both dentists recommended a routine cleaning and return in a year.

I have never felt so cheated and abused in my life. Do NOT go to Coast Dental...run for your life.

Avoid this office at all costs. I first visited the Coast Dental Willowbend office for xrays and an initial examination. Prior to any treatment I requested that a treatment plan with any costs not covered by my insurance by given to me. I never received a treatment plan. I was told that I needed to return the following week for a "cleaning", which should have been covered by the insurance. I had this procedure done, which took about an hour, and when it was done I was given a bill for over $200, with about $600 being billed to my insurance for a "root planing and scaling". I was upset at this unexpected expense, but paid and simply decided to go to a different dentist. On Wednesday December 3, I was examined by another dentist, who advised me that no root planing and scaling had been done, or if it was, it was completely ineffective and I would need another one. He took pictures of my mouth which show months of accumulation of plaque, which would have been gone if an actual root planing and scaling had been done. In addition, I was sent a new bill from Coast Dental yesterday for an additional $40 for irrigation, which they say was not covered by insurance. When speaking with the office manager, she states I received a treatment plan (which I did not) and that the root planing was done correctly (which it absolutely was not). I am filing a grievance with my insurance company and listing poor reviews on every site I can find.

Coast Dental Services - broken dental appliance

I had actually been very impressed with them my 1st 2 visits. However on my 3rd visit the hygenist broke my permanent retainer. Up to this point in the visit she had been saying everything was fine in my mouth. As soon as she broke it she suddenly claimed that it was already coming off (she had never said anything about it in any other visit up or during this one until she broke it). Her first words were to ask how old the device was. The thing is that she improperly flossed it by trying to pull the floss all the way through. She and the dentist went into this long thing about how they have NEVER seen a retainer put in that way and that it shouldn't have been sealed onto each tooth. The next day when I went to the orthodontist to have it replaced he was amazed that they would claim such a thing. He said that they never should have flossed it the way she did and that my retainer was put on exactly the way that they always are. If it was cemented to each tooth then the teeth will move. When I called The dentist wouldn't even get on the phone and sent the hygenist to answer my call. She told me that basically it would have eventually broken anyway so they refused to take any responsibilty.

Some orthodontists will attach the permanent retainer the canine teeth only (like mine), but other orthodontists will attach the permanent retainer to all 6 teeth from canine to canine. The problem with the retainer that is glued to all 6 teeth is that most people have an extremely difficult time on a daily basis to keep this area clean. If a typical person can not keep any dental appliance in the mouth clean, then those teeth are at risk of periodontal disease or decay. Although I wouldn't question or doubt any orthodontist, I personally don't understand why any orthodontist would choose to glue 6 teeth together without any easy way to clean it.

Replied
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Coast Dental Services - billing practices

Patient since 2003, went for yearly check-up&6 mos.cleaning.They added cancer screening, deeper cleaning, fluoride treatment.Bottom line the charge was $448.98 .I am 71 yr.old retired woman living on...

Coast Dental Services - scammers

I have alwas kept up my dental check ups for the past 5 years regularly every 6 mths for my cleanings and check ups. I recently changed to a closer dentist office figuring I could save myself a half hour drive, So I try Coast Dental at 1115 62nd Ave in Saint Petersburg FL. Big Mistake, from the start they were unorgainzed, unprofessional and down right rude. They misplaced my records from my previous office.
After they take my x rays and I meet with the dentist whom takes a quik look at my x rays, tells me I have 3 cavities and I apear to have 2 infections in 2 past root canals that have been crowned, then she asked me if I brush my teeth and when was the last time I've seen a dentist. She says all this before even doing a oral exame, when she does she just pooked at 2 of my wisdom teeth only, she never told me where the cavaities were.
Next the Hygenist does his exame, he begins to pierce deeply into my gums causing a lot of pain and as I cringe he talks down to me saying whens the last time you've had a cleaning and that he sees I have infections in my gums. So when finished he tells me I have bad genivitis and need a deep cleaning. This is a surprise to me because I show no symptoms.
Now I go back to my last dentist for a second opion and I learn that I have only a start to one small cavity, no infections and I do not have genivitis! *remember always ask questions and get a second opion, cuz ya never know

They do that so they can charge to numb your mouth, and for a bunch of different mouth wash and wipe your gums with disinfectant then charge you $800

1  ...  5 6 7 8