Club Pogo / Play ad free? Not anymore!

I joined Club Pogo and now pay $5.99 monthly ($71.88 total a year). The biggest reason for joining was the fact it was advertised as "AD FREE". Now they are advertising through the chat boxes in the lobbies and in the game rooms. I'm sorry but when I join a "Club" advertised to let you play "Ad Free Games" I expect not to have to scroll up in my game room to see what what my Spades Partner or Tourney head just said. Anyone who has ever had to scroll up knows the extra royal pain it is because anything new typed in doesn't automatically scroll as it should. Now your stuck and have to constantly scroll down because the chat window doesn't work right. I don't want an iPhone app, nor do I want to purchase one of you half price games for 50%. We all see these ads when we sign in and when we move among the game pages. We don't need to see them again in the chat area of the game lobbies nor the game rooms. I am tired of having ads shoved down my throat.

St

Comments

• Bo
      6th of Jan, 2011

I totally agree with you. The advertising in the chat area is extremely annoying. Pogo is getting more greedy by the minute. I can see them slowly but surely begin to charge for more and more as time goes on. For instance, don't they charge for games that are downloaded? I foresee them eventually making all their games to be downloaded and charge for each one. Not to mention how inflated their token charges are now for gifts...30, 000, 40, 000, 50, 000 tokens! Last year they got into selling retail, i.e. the pogo card they advertise on homepage that can be bought at retail outlets, i.e. grocery stores, etc. And now they are going further like you say and advertising in the chat area for i phones, etc. Big advertisers...big money for pogo. So, the no advertising pogo is now a lie. I guess we'll see what's next.