Citigroup / Scammed

1 United States

I have several complaints regarding my business with Citi Crdit Protector.

When I opened an American Airlines miles rewards card with Citi credit they offered me the free introductory trial offer to credit protector. Following the trial period I opted to retain the service as I am in the Army National Guard and the possibility of deployment was apparent.

Sure enough, June 2006 I was deployed to the Middle East for a 16 month deployment.

I immediately called Citi credit protection who asked that I provide a copy of my orders, which I did.

In Sept. 2006 I was told by my wife that we received a "nasty-gram" from Citi for non-payment since June.

Following several phone calls to Citi from overseas (using precious phone card minutes) I was told they would do nothing other than to start my Credit Protection benefits at that time. I still show late payments on my credit report as a result of their incompetence.

Hold on it gets better...

Upon returning from my deployment I called immediately to advise Citi credit protection that I was back, and to cancel my service with them as it didn't really "protect" my credit.

Long story short, I have called repeatedly since them to cancel my service, which they haven't, even after I had cancelled the credit card itself. Citi Credit protection has cost me a lot of money needlessly, not only for charges for a service I wanted cancelled, but also for increased balance fees, over balance fees, etc.

The outsourced (India?) lady on the phone again assured me that an investigation would take place and that $60. would be refunded.

Bottom line, don't get hooked up with this scam of an organization that not only fails on their promise, but also continues to scam dollars from you any way possible.

Je