Citifinancial / Collection agency

1 Philippines

It is inevitable that when someone becomes delinquent in paying loans, collection agencies will come after you. But these collection agency representatives are going over board. They will harass anyone who answers the phone as if they can make them pay with all the profanities that come out of their mouths. Once my grandmother, 75 y/o, was threatened by this rep and told her that they will have a police officer kick us out of the house. This rep was calling for my brother, who ran away with his gf almost a year ago and has never came back until now. My grandmother, with very little knowledge about these things was so nervous and was trembling. The reps refuse to believe that we don't even know where the hell my brother is. And just today, i got a phone call again from a guy who claims he's calling from a bank. He wouldn't even tell me which company he's working for and insulted me. I understand why they have to have such an attitude but it's just not working. There should be a law that puts them in their right place. They should know that being the reps of these banks, they should make an impression that they are professionals and not some uneducated freaks with their bogus scaring tactics.

La