CitiFinancial Servicing Logo

CitiFinancial Servicing

Having problems with CitiFinancial Servicing?

6400 Las Colinas Blvd., Mail Stop CC2-109

2088 S Miller Parkway Milwaukee WI 53219
+1 877 988 9894

Complaints & Reviews

Scam

In early August 2008 we purchased some expensive mattresses, using dealer 0% financing through Citifinancial. As we did not receive any paperwork regarding the financing by mid September, we got nervous. We called the dealer about information, we called Citi, both no luck, Citi did not find any record about our loan. The dealer asked us to wait two more weeks, and then he would make further inquiries. A week later we finally got the paperwork, an account statement and a payment slip. The due date was early October. Before it was due we have sent a check to the address on the account statement, and also added a payment slip.

2 weeks later we realized that the check was not cashed yet. We called Citi on the phone number stated on the account statement (FOR ACCOUNT QUESTIONS CALL…). When giving the agent on the line our account number from the account statement, they said they could not help us; this account number does not exist in their system. It must be from some other Citifinancial activity, they need to transfer us. That’s what they did, but the next agent in the other department said the same thing: not our number, you need to call 1-800-… . Finally I got the number for a local branch that should be able to help us. When I called there, it said that the line is discontinued.

Same evening we received a letter, only a sender address, no name on it. In a way that I can only describe as laughable (I think it was supposed to be funny) we were “reminded” on our payment obligations regarding Citi. It did not contain any names or phone numbers that would have made it easier to get in touch with the originator. The internet enabled us then to find the local branch to the sender address and a phone number. At this branch we were then told that we had the incorrect account number. To make it clear: the number on our account statement and payment coupon was not correct. We were asked to issue another check to make the first payment. We agreed to do that, if we get some kind of information what happened to our first check and why we suddenly have two account numbers. The branch manager called at the phone number stated on our account statement to look into this issue. She got that day as far as we did: we don’t know this (first) account number (and, interpreted, we don’t want to have anything to do with it). She gave us a card with the Citifinancial Customer Service number to call and promised to look further into this issue.

Today we called Citifinancial Customer Service. I can only hope that the way they service their customers is just a little disturbed through the additional pressure of the current bank crisis. It was a really unpleasant call. Partially it was certainly my fault: I was obviously not able to explain clear enough WHY I thought the check did not clear. The agent did not get for a long time that the account number that Citi provided us with is not correct. I asked for two things: a confirmation (in writing, please) that we only have ONE account with them, and a confirmation that the first check we sent in will not be cashed, or, that we will be refunded any fees we will have to pay to cancel the check. The only thing I got out of this was that I should request the refund from my branch (“I mean you can only request it: I don’t want to say with that that they will do that!”) in a voice that told me with every syllable “Please don’t EVER bother me with this crap again”. I can’t believe that someone who is getting paid to take care for the problems of the customers is not even remotely interested in it that the employer sends out kind-of-important information that is just plain wrong. And this is about computer generated letters. That means, there is most probably no “human error” involved. And so the error might actually have happened not only once, but maybe a thousand times that day. Or why should it only have happened once? But no one cares… maybe they care if suddenly nobody pays their bills anymore, because everyone has wrong account numbers.

And now to the best part: let’s contact them by email, tell them you don’t want to be a ping-pong ball between branch and customer service, you just would like to get an answer on your problems. I received an answer, two hours later, by email, telling me (short version): “Our branches don’t have email. Please call your local branch or call our customer service department at 1-800-…”. Now I want to cry. I give up. I will now (silently) protest over the internet. I will never make a credit purchase anymore if Citi is involved. And they will never know why. I don’t think it’s satisfactory to either side. But I guess life is easier for the ignorant.

• Am
    Amanda Apr 10, 2009

Be very careful. The next time you may end up seeing this account is in court saying you refused to pay the bill! Watch your credit report CAREFULLY!

Scam and cheating

I paid my loan off a couple of months ago and they kept telling me that they were going to send me my tittle to my vehicle and my home but i never received it.They have promised me that i would have gotten it by now but still i haven't received it yet so whats up with citi financial. Why are the closing all their offices and not notifying the public. Ive even called other citi financial offices to find out about relocations and they couldn't tell me anything so i am wondering whats up with citi financial. I will never in this life time take out another loan with that company ever again.

• Wo
    wolfskier Oct 17, 2008

Ignore above. Wrong Comapny. This is for CareCredit.

• La
    Lall Arvind Shahdeo Nov 10, 2008

I cleared my Personal loan of Rs 30, 000 but in cibil report it shows overdue of rs Rs 6384 my citifinincial loan account no is 11512434 kindly helo me out.

Unsolicited phone calls

I was at work one day when someone called looking for a co-worker of mine. I told them that the co-worker was busy. When the dude asked what time the person got off, I told him I didn't know.

The conversation should have ended here. The dude on the phone (named Angelo) replies "Come on man. You work with them and you don't know what time they get off?" I replied, "They work in a different area of them, and I'm not their boss!" Angelo replied "Take this number down, " and he rattles off a number. He then demanded that I repeat the number back. I rattled off a random number, and he says "Come on dude! I need you to take a message!" I reply that I am not an answering machine, to which Angelo hangs up on me.

I called back and demanded to speak to his supervisor. She said nothing other than "This will be noted." So I took it upon myself to go speak to the manager of the office. I went and spoke with her. She was being evasive, saying that it was the fault of the person they were looking for that I was caught in the middle. Angelo had a serious attitude with me, and I demanded that he issue me an apology for treating me like he did.

So far, I have received nothing.

• Pi
    pissed_off Apr 25, 2009

They really do have rude clerks on citifinancial. They dont know how to act professional at all!!!

• Ro
    rolobeme Mar 10, 2010

What they did is illegal and this company should be shut down

Rude / ruthless / underhanded / no morals

For 2 months I have been dealing with Cit Finantial. They are Liars, Sneekie, Untrustworthy. Whenever I go there for info on the account they start with :Now MaMa, just keep repeating it like I'm doing something wrong, when all I'm doing is trying to get the info. i need. They just won't answer any questions. Well I turned they into the Attorney General and then I got the info I needed. But there was a clause that I needed explained and they were again rude. The girl at the desk, Dorthy DePonceau told me to just leave, your Nothing but A Joke. The District Mananger came out and tells me to stop and acted like I was the problem. After going in a room to have him give me an explaination that I have needed. Needless to say he never answered the question, said he didn't know the answer. I told him to call there legal dept. now and ask them. He did and I still never got an explanation. Well I'm now getting the form from the Federal Reserve to report them for sneekie underhandedness things they do. I sugest to anyone who is having any problem with any company to turn them into your Attorney General. They have helped me with Verizon over billing and chargeing for internet when I didn't have it.I have gotten all my money back. They move real quick when Attorney General talks to them. And after when you think it is over when you get your letter from the Attorney General asking if everything is fixed, if it isn't when you write back and tell them in just a few days you hear results. Now Citi Fin. is another story, I have got Attorney Generl on it but now feel the Federal Reserve needs to be contacted. Good Luck to you all.

Rip off

On the day of closing on the sale of the house I was buying, the mtg. broker called and said banking laws had changed and I need double the down pymt I had been approved for, and they had it already set up w/Citifinancial-just stop and pick up a check.

The check was for $9500, @ 21% interest, which has been reported to the credit bureaus as $15, 600. I felt I had no choice but to take it at 2 hours before closing- that, or be homeless. I paid a personal visit to branch mgr. Cindy Sandburg, who told me they would reduce my interest rate and lower my payment, then the story changed over and over again. Citifinancial was totally UNWILLING to work with me in any way.

So, my philosophy on that is, if you're in the business of screwing people, and they are, then you deserve to be screwed also. What goes around comes around. Why does this company punish its customers? That makes no sense to me, and I desperately would love to see them investigated for consumer fraud, misrepresentation, loan sharking, extortion, and whatever else could be thought of.

I have never run across a company so willing to financially rape its own customers-do they honestly think that will make them want to do business with them in the future?

John Smith Nov 02, 2008

First of all you dolt, it reported to the credit bureau hire, probably because you are in a state that does precomputed loans. Second, 21 percent interest is not so bad considering the fact that you couldnt get that money elsewhere if you tried right now because banks and credit unions are not lending. 3rd the rate is hire because Citifinancial is not a bank, they have to borrow the money that they are lending and the rates on that borrowed money have sky rocketed since the market trouble. You people whine and complain about everything, they are the only company that will help you with you mortgage when you are in trouble. They will work with you, other mortgage companies wont they will just take your house. Think about your situation before you complain about it. Than what will happen is you wont pay your bill on the due date, and then you will complain your balance isnt going down. I wonders why? You are all the same.

• Ev
    eval Nov 20, 2008

Mr John Smith... obviously you do not know what you are talking about or you work for citifinanacial...i always had good credit, i just did not think a very well known bank will get me into what i call a nightmare ...it just does not go away...i pay and pay and my balance is the same...3 years ago i took a personal loan with CitiFinancial for 5, 000.00, i have been paying every month 129.00 for the last 3 years that is in total of 4600.00 as of today and my statement still reflects 3, 648.00. as my balance...which means i only paid 1400.00 towrards the dedt and 3200.00 to interes what a ripp off, , , , , , , , , , i called them to settle this debt ...willing to pay 2000.00 to get this out my credit, but they still want the entire amount of 3600. if i want this to go away...I'm so upset it seems that their interest is not 27%... if feels like 90% since if i keep paying in 3 years from now i'll still have 3000.00 as my balance... this is not right :( ultimatelly i'll be paying twice the amount i borrowed in the first place...i will not RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE...

• Ci
    citirippedme off Mar 14, 2009

well i got raped by citi on personal loan. i think i will be paying this for the rest of my life. These company are there to rip people off. i wish i could go back and change everything but hey its life.

• Ha
    hammer192 Mar 05, 2011

This company really helped me out when I was in a jam!! First of all I needed a personal loan and they approved me for 7200. I knew the interest rate was crazy and had to make some larger monthly payments to knock it down. My payment was about 300 but I had them take out 500 a month. I made an extra payment of about 200 a month and finished the loan off with my recent tax return money. Yes the interest is high, but I knew that going in and had a game plan to keep the loan a short term deal. They also gave me my truck title back early before paying off the loan when I requested it. I'm very pleased with the way I was treated with this company. They helped me out when I was in need.

• The interest rate is high, BUT YOU SAW THAT BEFORE YOU SIGNED. Anyone knows that any business takes their interest FIRST, then deductions come from your principle. I'm like HAMMER192 on the messgage above. I got $5, 000 in 2008. With interest I paid them almost $8, 000 but I made double payments; therefore it's 3 yrs later, I only owe $999.60 and it's only been close to 36 months instead of 60. When your in need, you don't think about that high interest that YOU SEE RIGHT BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYWAY. Thank you CitiFinancial and sorry to those who didn't think to look at the entire picture before they signed.

Calling for the wrong person

I am getting 4-5 calls per day from Citi Finance for wrong person. I have told them several times that this number is not the number of the person they are asking for. Then also I'm getting calls. Please do something they are irritating me everyday.

sukhbir singh thakur Nov 08, 2008

ihad purchased a washing mashine on loan from you in 8 installments i had give you the 8 checks and after one check cashing your agent had been come to my house he was saying that the sign on second and third check is not matching with original signs and he had taken the two installments cash from me and was give me the receipt slip of two installments after finishing my case bank has cash my one checks which was not matching with my original signs in this way the bank has collected 9 installments insted of being 8 installments from me i want to say please give my one installment which is of 666 rupess and give me my remaining one check in which the signs is not matching with original signs if you not pay me then i will go consumer court and case on you on this matter please contact me on my phone number is 91-9888183251, 9463728290, 0183-2585150

• Re
    RedJ76 Oct 20, 2009

Recieve 5 or more calls, during day and night! Even after 9PM. My loan is only one month in the arrears! These people charge late fees, give deferrments, and still harrass you! Am filing bankrupcty, not giving them one more cent!

Scam charges

Beware of automatic payment system by phone. First you are charged $15 to use it, and when i tried to make my payment on the due date the system kept messing up saying i was putting in an invalid entry when i wasn't even entering anything... Funny huh?!?!.. so on top of that because the system wouldn't take my payment on the due date by phone on a Sunday i had to wait till Monday morning and got an extra $40 late fee... seems like a SCAM to me... BEWARE and pass the word that citifinancial is the WORSE!!!

• Si
    sid72 Apr 22, 2011

Well the best way to avoid late charges is to pay your bill son top and not the day they are due.. Why wouldn't you pay it on a Friday rather then waiting until Sunday (the due date)?? It just doesn't add up, this will happen anywhere where you borrow money. And lastly it's the *WORST

Foreclosure and insurance claim

Because of poor customer service and lack of their employees documenting each phone encounter we ended up...

Lost previous interest by refinancing

I have had my 2005 Pontiac for 3 yrs, about 18 mos ago, approimately, I received a letter from citifinancial auto telling me that they could lower my interest rate and save me I think it was around $1100 on my balance. I went to see about trading my car in on Thur of this week, 8/21/08 - on Fri the dealer called me and told me that my balance now should be about 12 to 13, 000 dollars still owed instead of 17, 294.71 Which as any one can see is about a 3-4000 dollar difference. The dealer went on to tell me that what CITIFINANCIAL did was start my loan at the amount it was when the refinancing offer was made and the interest that had been paid was gone, just gone not credited as it should be so now the story is I will not be able to trade my car in until paid in full which is what CITIFIANCIAL HAD PLANNED. If it were wrecked I'd have no car and still be making a payment to CITIFINANCIAL AUTO -- CROOKS. MORAL OF STORY, IF IT LOOKS REAL GOOD IT'S NOT! They do not give you the real story. Thank heaven the dealer, , who I bought the car from before, was honest enough to tell me he wasn't going to sell me a car worth 17-18, 000 and really be paying on 24-25000. jCITI FINANCIAL AUTO YOU ARE CROOKED AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE. I am sending a letter to the Illinois State Attorney, Amy Madigan and also to the Texas State's Attorney to let them know the unsound practices you pull, I am going to submit my origianl paper work to prove that this is the scam that you pull.

ADVICE TO OTHERS -- AVOID CITI FINANCIAL AUTO AND ALL THE SUBSIDIARIES I plan to put this is local papers and Texas papers also. SHAME ON YOU -- YOU THIEVES AND CHEATS
GOD HAS A PLACE FOR YOU!

Customer service and fees

I call the costomer service # and can't get a person it s automated I call another c.s.# and they say they can't take my call I go on line to find another # and they tell me again they cant take my call in the mean time I owe no money but the company still charges me late fees and finance charges over and over again and I cant get any body on the phone

• Ri
    ridgewood Sep 09, 2009

CITIFINANCIAL closed my account but said they did it because I did not respond within the time allowed [30 days] to accept their new terms. Total lie. Never late once but since the credit line was 10, 000 they weren't taking any chances.

susanlip Sep 23, 2009

citibank is so crooked it should be closed !!!

susanlip Sep 23, 2009

Citi Bank owns Sears, Home Depot and many others.
    Their interest rate is NOW 27 % ... regardless of your credit rating.
    THEY ARE CROOKS...PURE AND SIMPLE !!!
    Please check and see if any of your credit cards are held by CitiBank ...
    and get rid of them !!!

CITIBANK WILL RUIN YOU AND YOR CREDIT RATING !!!

• Ae
    A.E. Mar 02, 2010

I have Rooms to go account through CitiFinancial Retail Services. It was suppose to be no interest charge until December 2012. However, I am paying 27% interest since March 2008 and call the customer service who told me my case was going to be considered and that I was going to be contacted within the next 15 days. Since then I have contacted them on May 2008, June 2008 and October 2008, but the so much expected call never happened. And they have the guts to tell that they did call my cell number once on May. Don't they know that all calls appear on the each person telephone bill? Well their number is not listed on mine. The reason they gave me over the phone for the interest charges was that I pay late once, which I did paying a late payment charge of $39.00 for that. This financial organization is full of greed!!!

[email protected]

• Ci
    citisucks Mar 16, 2010

I had a similar situation with citi. First i get a letter saying I missed a payment 5 months prior and that citi changed its name about that same time. This was a four years 0% interest deal. I had every bill except that particular months bill. They also claimed they tried to call me. BS, leave a message. The letter states if we pay them basically $100 more than our standard payment, our status would be "current." Naturally i get on the horn with them and not ten minutes into it i realize this is some bs, so i give the phone to my wife who proceeds on the phone for the next 2 hours. She ends up paying them like $100 more than the letter asked for over western union. Not two or three days later i get a bill with all these finance charges. We wrote them a letter explaining that we never got the bill, because they said if we called them again "we would give up certain rights, " whatever that means. They basically said sorry about your luck. There is no doubt, in my mind, that this is some sort of scam. I even wrote a letter to the BBB about it and they are useless. I couldn't even get them to contact me. So, i hope this may help someone out there. I'm actually thinking about going to the news about this. I pay my bills and i am tired of all the bs that is going on with banks and credit cards.

Fraud and scam

Where do we begin? For starters we had our mortgage through Citifinancial several years ago and didn't...

Predatory 2nd mtg

Our 1st mtg was predatory 2/99 (they were sued and are out of business) and when we ran into problems with...

Customer service

My friend and I both have this company and the same kind of treatment. They are rude, pushy, and liers. For...

Back billed rip off!!!

I purchased furniture from Wickes Furniture on 06-18-07 and signed up for the promotion of no payment and interest for a year with CitiFinancial Retail Services. Wickes went bankrupt shortly after and my payment of over 1500 dollars stood. I paid off the loan on time to CitiFinancial on June 10th and their bills were very unclear and stated the due date to be 6/30/08 but that didn't seem right to me. I still sent my payment on time and was later back billed 467.76 of interest because they claimed that they did not receive the payment until June 17th. That still would of been early according to the date my furniture was purchased. Calling over and over and getting an auotmated computer and no answers from Citi I am frustrated and need your help. If you can help please contact me for more information. In times like these they should be elated that I paid on time and they still want to rip me off! I have always paid all my bills on time and have a great credit score and I will not be taken for a fool with this stupid company run by monkeys!!!

Annoyed,

Olga Oletskaya

• Li
    Lisa T Clum May 05, 2009

We have approximately the same situation with Citibank financial Paid it off on time, and then they changed the due date on the contract so it would make us about 1 week late. Now they want all the back interest and call constantly!!!What happened in your case? Thanks

• De
    Delkatrice Jun 10, 2010

I will never get any type of anything from citi financial again. They are a bad business to deal with. My husband had an account that went to collections which was settled with the collections company shortly. Citi Financial tried to send the remaining balance to another collection company. They didn't want to speak with me or my husband about this account. We contacted both collections companies who had gotten in touch with Citi concerning this matter. Citi still pretended that didn't get any information about the settlement. Luckly we had a copy of the settlement letter and got it faxed to them. Finally we demanded them to get it taken care of (after 6 mos). I have and will always have a bad taste in my mouth with they are concerned.

• St
    StephPG Jan 18, 2015

I purchased furniture from Ashley Furniture and used the no payment, no interest plan. We were starting a new business and needed office furniture. I never borrow money and even though we had the cash available to pay for it, we felt it would benefit the business to pay it out over 18 months as opposed to up front. The total cost was about $3000 and the agreement was for 18 months. I was diligent on paying every month and thought that the amount was paid in full prior to the end of the 18 month period. Apparently I still owed $79 (which I don't think is accurate). 3 weeks after the contract expired, I received a bill for $644 claiming it was back billed interest. Even if I still owed $79...an immediate addition of $562 seems completely outrageous.

I will be calling them tomorrow to try and clear this up, but by the 100's of negative comments I've found online, Im not optimistic i'll get any satisfaction. I hate companies like this. I will never ever use any citi financial financing again and will be sure to warn friends and family.

Customer service is awful

My wife and I are trying to sell our house(built in 1950 needs work) the 1st is with WAMU and they are willing to do a short sale the problem is that Citifinancial will NOT remove the junior lien for $1, 000 (this is all WAMU's investors will allow to give Citi) we have offered to give CITI the junior lien position on a brand new home that we have in Alabama for the balance due. We have always paid Citi on time! We showed them the buyer's contract to buy the listing agreement and the short sale agreement from WAMu proving that WAMU will only give them $1, 000. Citi will not agree to recast our loan and move the lien to our other house!!! They want $9, 000 to settle the $15, 000 debt. If I had $9, 000 I would jump at that and the house wouldn't foreclose!!! I have been telling CITI for 4 months that I don't have that kind of money!!!1 No one will listen, I have called the district and regional manager and the office in Baltimore the guy there was really rude to me...the best part is today I receive a letter saying that they are trying to garnish my wages...so I am going to let WAMU foreclose and then CIT won't be able to garnish or collect another dime!!! So that is what they get for being GREEDY and RUDE!!!

• Gl
    glady aronbowchowitz Jul 27, 2008

I completely understand on how you are feeling. I am also going through this same situation with citimortgage. My first mortgage agreed to do the short sale. However, citimortgage wants $30, 000 and the primary mortagage is only willing to give $5, 000. My lawyers have beent trying to work over this deal for more than 4 months already. I really do not understand why they are being so difficult and their workeres are very rude. But don't worry, someday they will pay for what they are doing.

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Aug 12, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at 888-453-1518 and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://RealtyMediationService.onlybusiness.com
    and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

• Mk
    mkb Apr 17, 2009

So, just to understand what you're saying, you want them to accept $1, 000 to pay off a $15, 000 debt. They lent you $15, 000 dollars in good faith and you are upset because they will not accept less than 7% of the amount that they lent you? If you had lent someone $150 would you let them give you only $10 to pay off the debt? It seems to me that maybe you should be more angry at your first mortgage company for being so stingy with how much they are willing to pay the second mortgage.

Very poor customer service

They made errors on my vehicles title which have prevented me from getting the car registered. I have been trying to get the problem corrected for two months. I have been referred to multiple parties in multiple departments. I have left over a dozen messages and to date have not received the courtesy of a call back from anyone in the Citi Financial Auto title Departments.

• Al
    Alan Lorith Nov 22, 2008

For several months I've been wanting the car repossesed. They "keep making notes" then ugnoring me after switching me around to several different people. Also, they keep sending me threatening letters about the payments. I DONT WANT THE CAR!! TAKE IT BACK!!

How hard is that to understand? Thank you

• La
    ladydebt65 Aug 19, 2010

I guess you're so lucky! I bet any money if you would've act as if you wanted the car, it would be gone. I want my car and they repo it and refuse to work with me. I rate Citi as the worse bank ever. I happen to work for a bank and hear that my employer is the worse. People need to think again, because Citi is rated number one for the worse customer service. I've never spoke to anyone nice. I'm hoping that everything works out, but I wouldn't recommend this bank to anyone. I work in customer service and wouldn't have a job if I treated customer the way that they treat customers. It's just a matter of time before they go out of business.

• Fu
    FU-citi-financial Sep 11, 2010

The customer service is over in India, I can't understand them and they are so stupid. I've been wanting my monthly statement and haven't gotten one since March, it's September now and I keep calling them to request a billling history and they repeated my address, it was the wrong address. And I request the billing history online and I still haven't gotten anything. People in America need jobs, lose the Indian's and give it to the people here that have families, they only use India to save money so they don't work for the same amount of money as we do here. But since ppl here don't have money cuz they don't have jobs Citi financial won't be getting any clients... CITI FINANCIAL IS SO [censor]IN STUPID!!!

Stay away

Citifinancial stinks! I paid my mortgage regularly for 15 years, and I just sent in the final payment. Their hoard of telephone harpies harassed me for years, if I was only a few days late. When I paid them on time, they still demanded that I send them a copy of my check from my credit union to prove that they indeed received the money! Screw them, May they suck donkey dicks in ***! May they be at the epicentre of an earthquake. May wildfires devour everyone. And most of all, may no more suckers like myself be lured into getting a mortgage with these idiots.

John Smith Nov 02, 2008

The funny thing is, you are so mature about your situation. You must not have been paying your bill on time if they were calling you. They dont call until you are out of your grace period. And they probably asked for a copy of your check because it was posted to the incorrect account by accident. It happens all the time at a processing center. Computers are perfect you dumbass. If you would have taken 5 minutes to get off of your fat lazy ###, you probably could have found out about your situation and why they were calling. But you are a social parasite i am sure, who sits at home and does nothing, while others work hard to pay for your medicare or social security. From the tone you have, the only people i feel bad for are those employees who had to deal with your stupid ###. May god smite you for you comments.

Beware

CitiFinancial Retail Beware of last payment charges and revolving credit that you have not signed or asked for and are being charged by the Day. The interest on my bill is 366.52% on finance charges even if your original bill states NO finance charges. You call and on the bill it tells you that you will still be responsible for the bill till it is resolved, and what if it is not in months, months. On $1.00 at 366.52% can you imagine what it will be? If I find out what can be done I will post.

• Tr
    tracy Pierce Oct 28, 2008

i am tied up in a battle with citfinancial thats never ending. i call they say its payed they call and say i owe plus euroneus fees interest ect. i dont even know how i got in this mess or how it went to collections...truly amazing and very scary.

Bill not paid

I have been a Citi Finacial customer for years! I have recently found out that monies I borrowed from CITI FINANCIAL, to pay off an outstanding VISA bill in the year 2004 in the approx amount of 600.00...was not paid... and to this day no record, is on file, to show that it was! I was advised by my local CITI FINANIAL, that there was a record of a cheque issued, but they were unable to provide me with a number to prove this cheque was actually issued to cover the outstanding debt!! This only leads me to believe that said funds were never paid! And as per records of my financial institute CIBC to this date, no funds were received to cover this outstanding debt ...thus showing that this dept has NEVER been paid, resulting this debt on my credit record to this day...4 years later!!!

In my quest to clear this, I was advised by CITI FINANCIAL, to proceed to EQUIFAX, to process a credit report, as CITI FINANCIAL would not do the search themselves! As was instructed by CITI FINANCIAL I processed a credit report through Equifax, and found out in the process, that the VISA bill for CIBC was never paid. Thus giving me my bad credit rating!! Upon receiving this info, I have found out that this debt has been on my record for the past 4 years!! How could this happen! I trusted CITI FINANCIAL to see that this debt was paid, only to find that to this day, the debt is still outstanding and tarnishing my credit record. I tried very hard to clear up this debt but was very disappointed to see that a financial institute that I trusted for years had let me down! As per instructions given to me by a CITI FINANCIAL representative, I was given a number to clear this...only to be given an endless list of numbers in which each would give me another number! I have now exhausted the numbers given to me to clear this issue, and still no ANSWERS!!! If you would like a list of the numbers I have been provided with and have been non successful. they are as follows:

[protected]

As you can appreciate as per the numbers above, I have repeatedly tried to fix my financial credit rating with the numbers that I was given, only to get another toll free number that did not help to solve my situation!

To this day, I have yet to have been given a number to clear this debt which was supposedly paid by CITI FINANCIAL...4years ago and I have no where to turn but to complain to the people that I trusted to help fix this matter!!

I trust you will help me to fix this matter and finally clear this matter that has haunted me for months!!

I will look forward to your immediate response to this matter! To further help you in this matter I have provided for you (as below)...info that you will help you in your investigation!!!

Thanking you in advance!!!

jose pena Jun 12, 2011

to whom it may concern my pickup was repod and now citi financial still wants me to pay. THAT ISENT RIGHT SO PLEASE CONTACT ME CUZ I WONT PAYE YOU ALL NOTHING joe pena phone 575-840-4118 thank you hello

jose pena Jun 12, 2011

just CALL ME ASAP

Unethical business practices

My wife and I were refinancing our house with Citi. We locked in a rate of 5.875. The lock in period is 30...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices