Conduent Education Services / ACS Education

Specialized Servicing, Loan Origination & MEFA Department
P.O. Box 7052, Utica, NY 13504-7052

Complaints & Reviews

the image

Hi I would like to complaint about your staff varanooch kasemyad, her not appropriate night life with several men in a club. She stole other lady's boyfriend, having sexual...

Sajna Aiyappa of Xerox / Conduent Business Services (ACS)dilip telang is sexually harassing hr.

I'm Sajna Aiyappa of xerox / conduent business services. See my picture and picture of Dilip Telang. My boss Dilip Telang is sexually harassing the whole HR!

Dilip Telang constantly touches me inappropriately, puts his arm around me, leans forward and begs for a rub. He says good things will happen to me in conduent and this is the way we work at conduent.

One time Dilip Telang just forced my head into his crouch, and I did give him oral.

I have worked with Dilip Telang for about a decade and I have done it with him many time, but now he wants to do unnatural stuff and it scares me.

See Vinitha Varne, Arathi Machaiah and Deeparaju Devaraj for confirmation.

dilip telang is sexually harassing hr.
dilip telang is sexually harassing hr.

• DilipTelang Dec 30, 2017

I'm not harassing anyone. Is it my fault that women just spread their legs in front of me?

See http://uploads.im/ykzNq.png - Sajna Aiyappa. WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURE. Do not use this link unless you're on a safe computer.

Student loans that were being discharged and acs's inability to work with me.

ACS student loans - Customer Service ACS Student Loans California United States 2010 March 28 I taken to the Hospital after respiratory failure. With a few minute they found...

ACS Education Services — Student loan balance forwarded without a balance payoff from former lender.

Acs does not verify balances owed, but reassigns the balance in full previously had with former lender. Beware: acs will open new loan amount and not forward your balance owed...

ACS (Affiliated Computer Systems) — Unlawful use of a social security number as a student loan identifier

On approximately June 2015, I pulled my credit reports only to find that ACS, otherwise Affiliated Computer was using my entire social security number as loan identifier. I...

Acs — Provided with false information

I called to set up payments and was told two times I do not have any due until November. However, when trying to purchase a vehicle the car dealership told me I was past due on a...

ACS Xerox — Total and completed veteran discharge refund

ACS will not send necessary form to E.C.M.C. To get my refund. No one seem to know if forms were sent and no one can seem to give a straight answer or seem to care about...

ACS EducationWebsite not found/loading errors

I applied for income based reduction off the federal website and was told I qualify to have a 0.00 payment at this time. Nelnet applied the IBR. ACS did not. I just checked my credit report and they have a negative mark that I am 90 days late. I only received one bill from them. When I tried to go on their site on both my chromebook and a windows computer, the site can not be found or does not load. Somebody above said they were told acs is going out of business and accounts will be transferred to nelnet. I hope this is true. When I have called ACS in the past, I get a foreigner with an accent that does not understand English. This is a horrible company to deal with.

Acs — Harassment

These people call me every day. At first they left a voicemail for a Mr. Armstrong. I called back and left my name and phone number to remove me from their list. Now they call and...

Acs Not able to log in

I have had trouble logging in to the payment center many times over the years. I have had to change my password even though I have NOT forgotten it several times. Even changing the password doesn't function sometimes. I've never had this problem with any other site. I'm begining to wonder if this is a ploy to have borrowers have to make late payments.

ACS Education — Questionable Practices

My education loan was bought 4 years ago by ACS. After reading the reviews about the company back then I wish I could change but alas it was not possible. I believe they have...

Acs Fraud Lawsuit

Case No. 0603GU

Balance Amount: $965.75

Case File Transferred to ACS: - June 2014

Dear Customer,

Having checked your Social Security Number through our National Checking Database System, and finding out that you have been never charged for a fraud activity, ACS has decided to give you a chance to take care of this issue outside of the Court without you having a report on your Credit History and SSN. In order to avoid a lawsuit of $3341.86 against you, we request you to kindly pay the Court Restitution Amount which is $965.75 if you settle this matter today, you may be entitled to get some percentage of deduction on the restitution amount. You will have to send us a promissory note in order to hold your case file from being sent to the court house. On a case to case basis, you may be given the solution to pay 45-55% of the pending amount in the same month & a 30 days extension to settle the rest of the settlement amount as mutually agreed.

As we were unable to reach you so we are sending you this final notification through email. This legal matter will require your cooperation, so kindly get in touch with the department to make a payment and freeze down this case.

As you are a defaulter on this credit, the following counts are likely to be represented against you at local County Courthouse:

(1) VIOLATION OF FEDERAL BANKING REGULATION

(2) COLLATERAL CHECK FRAUD

(3) THEFT BY DECEPTION

Once the court action is initiated and a Judgment / Decree against you to recover the balance amount with the cost of law suit is received, we may need to ask the court to give one of the following order, should the debt remains unpaid:-

• Attachment of Earnings base (Earnings Arrestment)-Deduction from your wage by your employer or arrestment of part of your salary to satisfy the debt.

• Warrant of Execution (Exceptional Attachment Order) - Seizure and sale of movable non-essential assets / property by a County Court Bailiff /Sheriff Officer.

If you are under any state probation or payroll we need you to inform your reporting officer or manager about what you have done in the past and what would be the consequences once the case has been downloaded and executed in your name. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours of the date on this letter, we will be compelled to seek legal representation .We reserve the right to begin litigation for intent to commit wire fraud under the pretense of refusing to repay a debt committed to, by use of the internet and your SSN. In addition we reserve the right to seek recovery for the balance due, as well as legal fees and any court cost incurred.

The Factual Basis for the complaints is as follows:

You accepted to return the funds from this aforementioned pending loan.

And as per the agreement the funds have yet to be returned and the collateral has proven to be null that is to say of no value.

At present, ACS INC is seeking either of the following remedy:

All funds to be returned as per terms of initial contract

Dear debtor, as we were investigating your profile credit bureau & social security administration we need some right answers from your side. Also we would like to know when you can pay the requested $965.75 to settle this case.

To resolve this issue contact us during the working hours Monday to Friday 09:00 AM to 05:30 PM EDT on [protected] or reply back to this email to get in touch with the representative.

NOTE: THIS CASE IS UNDER INVESTIGATION WITH MAJOR CREDIT BUREAUS

Yours sincerely

Collections & Legal Department

ACS LEGAL DEPARTMENT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confidentiality Statement & Notice: This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. [protected] and intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, transmission, dissemination to unauthorized persons or other use of the original message and any attachments are strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please reply to the above-referenced sender about the error and permanently delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Th
    th!sman Aug 16, 2014

Ha ha ha nice try, scammers from India,

Acs — Failure to comply with terms and conditions of contract

I am writing to complain about ACS (my student loan provider). I am currently in school half-time cumulatively: one school is the University of Kansas (5 credit hours), and the...

Acs — Not apply payments

Do not walk-run from this company they do not apply payments as the should. They inform you to pay an amount & when you do pay that amount of money. They do not apply the...

Acs deceptive practices

ACS - CHECK YOUR AMORTIZATION SCHEDULE - does it seem like the principal owed isn't decreasing? Here's why... I've been dealing with ACS since our loans were transfered to them in January, 2006. At least once a year they lose a payment, attributed it to one loan and not the other, and in both cases charge me late fees and contact the credit agencies. We pay our monthly payment directly through our bank on the same date every month - 10 days ahead of the due date. I had proof that my check was sent on 8/4/10 and that it cleared on 8/29/10. But ACS said they had no record of it and I would need to get a copy from my bank to prove it. In the meantime, they are charging me late fees and sending notices that they will be reporting me to the credit agencies. Curious because of their chronic mismanagement of my accounts, I signed into their site and reviewed the history of my account. It was shocking to see that my payments were going to mostly interest and barely paying down the principle - after 8 years of payments, I'd barely made a dent. I called and spoke with a representative who told me that that the amounts paid to interest vs. the principle are dependent upon what day of the month the check arrives. Now, my checks go out on the 4th every month yet somehow they were cashed and credited to my account on all different days - sometimes the 12th, others the 29th. When I asked the rep to further clarify, she said that the interest is accrued daily and that when my check is applied can significantly alter whether or not my principle decreases. Yet, I send my check on the same day every month and there's great variance to when it gets cleared by ACS. Growing frustrated and more curious, I searched online and found this case...Fensterstock vs. Education Finance Partners/ACS - Affiliated Computer Services. Apparently I'm not the only one who finds this company's actions questionable. http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-2nd-circuit/1531053.html Also read this story: http://www.gothamgazette.com/article/law/20100803/13/3327 And this one titled: Recent Case Over Misapplied Student Loan Payments Opens Door for Possible Class Action Lawsuit http://studentlendinganalytics.typepad.com/student_lending_analytics/2009/03/recent-case-over-misapplied-student-loan-payments-opens-door-for-possible-class-action-lawsuit.html In short, taken from the first story cited above: In ruling on Fensterstock's suit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, in Manhattan, just handed him a major victory. In a decision written by Judge Amalya Kearse, Fensterstock won the right to form a class action with others who entered the same agreement with the defendants. He also won the right to litigate in federal court rather than submit to arbitration. Shortly after he graduated from Law School in Hempstead, N.Y., and become a lawyer, Fensterstock had accepted the defendant's offer to consolidate his student loans into a single loan of $52, 915.49 at an annual interest rate of 9.32 percent. At the end of the loan period of 29 years, he would have paid approximately three times the amount with monthly payments being applied "first to charges, costs and fees; next to unpaid interest and then to principal." Fensterstock's payments were due on the 14th of every month, and he always mailed them in ahead of that date. After seven months, he had paid $7, 051.84 but he realized that by far the largest share of his payments was being applied to interest. In other words, his debt was being reduced by only $17 a month. This, he was told was because payments had to arrive on exactly the 14th -- not sooner, not later. On this basis, he calculated, there would be "an enormous" payment due at the end of the loan period -- not a final payment of $335 as he had been told at the inception. I've contacted the attorney who represented Fensterstock. Please do the same if you believe you're wrapped up in these deceptive practices as well.

• Ca
    CalShiv Jan 07, 2014

I totally agree. I have paid $38, 000 & loan has only decreased $11, 000. Please advise if there is movement regarding a potential class action lawsuit or other legal action.

• Br
    bridge68 Jan 28, 2014

I recently found out that someone else is trying to file a class action lawsuit against ACS. Here's the firm. You should contact them. I am sending them files as I write.

Bragar Eagel & Squire, PC
    885 Third Avenue, Suite 3040
    New York, New York 10022
    Phone: (212) 308-5858
    Fax: (212) 486-0462

Good luck,
    Bridgette

ACS Education ServicesDeferment paperwork continually lost

My son is in college and we took a loan from ACS Education Services because I didn't know better for my first kid in college. They started billing us even though he should be in deferment until after graduation. They told us that they needed proof from the college that he was a full time student. In March of 2012, we provided all the information and was told it would take a few months to get it taken care of. In September, we start getting bills again saying we are past due. I contact the company and they tell me that my son never followed up on the paperwork trail so it never got done. They said I needed to pay the $380 past due amount and they would put us in "rehabilitation" status and then deferment. So I paid the $380. I called 2 weeks later and was told it would take over 30 days. I called in 30 days and was told that it was still in process. I called again after receiving an invoice again owing $117 and they said not to worry that it was still in process. Today I receive another bill that is now delinquent for $235. I call the company and they tell me they are not sure why the deferment did not go through and they will put in a request for review. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that there were none on staff and someone would have to call me back. It is a bunch of CRAP! I understand their process...they bill you or they don't, you don't pay because you may not know to pay, you get a delinquency, then they send you to collections. They call you non-stop to get their payment. They tell you if you catch up the payment you are eligible for the deferment. Then once you pay they put you in "rehabilitation" which just means they are taking you out of collections which takes about 40 days to complete the process. Then instead of putting you in deferment, they start billing you again and the process starts all over. This is the biggest scam ever!!! Don't use this private company to take school loans! Go through the government and get federal loans!

ACS Education ServicesStudent Loan Payoff

I made the mistake of trying to pay off my loan early. After paying the amount by phone I was still charged my normal monthly payment. I was told by customer service that the payoff hadn't gone through because of my auto-pay status. She cancelled this and took the remaining payoff. I should not have been at all surprised when BOTH payoffs went through for an enormous amount of money. Of course they wanted me to do all the work to correct their mistake (which should have been caught by any computer system built in the last 20 years). The supervisor's advice was to dispute the charge with my bank because it would take ACS 30 days to issue a refund. Let the runaround begin... My favorite line of the night was "Sir, I didn't say it would take 30 days to fix the problem, just 30 days to issue a check." For me, being overdrawn by so much money for 30 days is the problem.

ACS EducationUnprocessed paperwork leading to default

ACS was givien the servicing rights to my federal student loan in June 2011, and I had requested forbearance while paying off some other bills. I filled out the paperwork four times, and it was never processed leading to a payment so large I couldn't afford it. I had spoken with a represenative from bot ACS and Great Lakes on several occasions and was informed I was eligible for forbearance. The third I filled it out, I got a letter from ACS stating that they had received my request, but needed me to make a payment of $350 in order to process it. I made the payment, and called a representative who said the forbearance would be processed when the payment posted. Two months, I received the same threatening letter saying I needed to take action for my loan. ACS had not processed my forebearance and said they did not receive my paperwork, but I had already gotten a letter stating they had, and that I need to make a payment, which I did. I filled out the paperwork again, and heard nothing until 2 months later when I got a letter saying that I was in default and needed to pay my loan in full. ACS no longer services my loan, but I had to enter into a rehabilitation program increasing my payment by $85 a month, and I will be charged a collection fee of nearly $6, 000 at the end of the program, all because ACS did not follow through and process my numbers requests for forbearance.

• Th
    th!sman Oct 18, 2012

Lesson learned if it's not in writing it didn't happen. Record your calls, send mail by CMRRR. Even courts and collectors know USPS is very good at delivering CMRRR letters-hardly anybody denies they didn't get your letter.

Acs Fraudulent Practices

One of my loans is $10, 000 in principle and $2500 in interest, and I am still in school. I paid them $10, 000 towards this loan and asked for it to be applied to the principle. They told me this could not be done and after the payment goes through, I should call and send in "a high security request" for the payment to be applied to principle. I was also told that the portion of the payment applied to interest would not be more than $50 as my interest rate is 6.8%. The phone payment apparently did not go through as I did not get an email confirmation which they said I would. I sent another online payment towards the same loan and it went through. Then they debited the first payment also. THEY DEBITED $21, 000 FOR A LOAN OF $12, 000 causing my bank balance to go in negative. My bank rectified this mistake by stopping one of the payments. I got an automated email from ACS noting that one of the payments had been stopped. However my online account is still not representing the accurate payments. I have called multiple times and nothing has changed. I need my online ACS account to reflect the actual situation as I need to pay off the rest of $2500 on this loan. Secondly, I noticed that they put $2500 towards interest and $7500 towards principle. How can they do this?

ACS EducationIllegal business practices

My student loan processing has recently switched from access group (Who still owns the loans) to acs - education. This means i now have to communicate only with acs and make all my payments to acs, which should not be a problem. On my first statement from acs, i noticed all my interest rates had changed to higher amounts. I have consolidated some of these loans and they are not legally allowed to charge a rate other then what i "locked in" at. After speaking with acs for over an hour, they finally admitted all my rates should be the lower amount i used to have with access group (Even the non - consolidated ones) and that they have had this problem with lots of the loans. So, if you have been recently transferred to acs double check the interest rates!
My second issue with them is i sent in a payment and specifically allocated only the minimum required amount to the consolidated loans and the excess amount to the non - consolidated ones (The non - consolidated ones have a variable interest rate that could raise very quickly for no reason, so i want those paid off first) . Two months pass with no new statements / bills from acs. I call them to see what the problem is, and i am told they do not send out any statements / bills until 15 days prior to your loan payment being due. The problem is my interest is accruing each month, i want to pay these things off early and not pay $400, 000+ total for a $90, 000 loan. At the request of the individual i spoke to on the phone, i accessed my loans online to find out my payment was allocated completely to the consolidated loan. This is done because acs obviously makes more money by holding a higher balance on your non - consolidated higher interest loans. This is not allowed. After calling to complain, i was told if they switch it now to the correct amount, it might go to default because nothing was paid in the last 2 months (Because nothing was due and magically i never received a statement of bill) .
If you can get out of using these people as your loan processors, get rid of them!

ACS Educationcant get them to apply over payments to principal balance!!!!!

I have been trying to pay OFF this loan that my mom co-signed for, for over 6 years.. the balance has barely budged because of "interest" EVERY time I send in a payment on the receipt I hand write " Please apply extra money sent to PRINCIPAL balance!!"
They don't do it.. Why does it have to be SO difficult to apply it?? HMM not sure who works for these idiots but its really frustrating to try to pay off when they don't apply it to principal like they should!!

• Cr
    CristianG Apr 29, 2012

They are absolute terrible.

I have been paying my bills on time, and slightly over the due amount for some time now, but every single quarter they raise the APR anyhow.

They are absolute crooks. DO NOT take out a loan with them for whatever reason if at all possible. They are one of the worst student loan companies around, and it's a TRAVESTY our government doesn't do anything for students like us struggling to make ends meet post graduation and having to pay outstanding interest rates that get raised and raised and raised.

Acs criminal acts

my student loan was with Wells Fargo and they sold it to ACS. I am in still school and I had the school submit an in school deferment via email and when ACS said they did not get it I had the schools financial aid office call ACS to straighten the mess out. I thought everything was taken care of until today I received a notice from ACS stating that I am delinquent on my loan they have tacked on late fees and raised my interest rate. This company is a scam I am in the process of contacting the Department of Education as well as Wells Fargo I fear that they have already reported this to the credit agencies. Can anyone give me some advise should I get a lawyer to have the mess they have created reversed?

Acs — collections/customer service/unethical

Business ID: [protected] Name: ACS Address: PO Box 7051 City: Utica State/County: NY Zip/Postal Code: 13504 Business Phone Number: [protected] Send complaints also to Better...

Acs — call forwarded to India or other

I have been paying on this school loan for 6 years. In that time, I have paid 200 a month and 300 the last year. My total loan was for 10, 500. I should have had this paid off a...

Acs — Incorrect Billing

I am a co-signor on an account for a student loan for Tia McNeese. W have a letter from the company stating this loan is in deferment. Ms. McNeese and I have made several attempt...

Acs Student loan

This company tells me they will work with me on lowering my payments after I recently only been notified by them that they took over my student loan after Bankruptcy. I would rather deal with the people I worked with before or some other company because they do not deal reasonably with customers in this time with the economy. They tell me I have options and then I don't have any good ones. I have tried 3x's unsucessfully to register on line to see my acct. and have talked to a representative 3 times with no sucess. Is there anyway to change buyers of my loan????? I did not even know about this until a month before they tell me my loan is due-no other letter which only arrived this past week.

• Su
    Sue1 Dec 09, 2011

I don't understand these people, at all. I've never had such poor communication with any company, ever! They make up their mind, at will, how they will charge you, and their communication is one-sided--all theirs! I'm planning on getting a lawyer. I've had it. I'm not going to live forever, and would rather have other things on my mind when I go than how strange these people are.

ACS Education Services — Student Loans

I was unable to work during school due to the strenuous hours of my class loads. I was a full-time student. From my original graduation date, I was unemployed up until five month...

ACS Education — Fraud

88574 I get phone calls everyday and mail saying I owe a loan to ACS for a school I have never went to.I never signed for this loan.I requested the MPN (master promissory note) four...

Acs Criminal Servicing Techniques

ACS has the most confusing and deceptive invoices, notifications, and disclosures out there. I have diligently paid my student loans on time for 7 years and have I never missed a payment. (And man, I have worked SO hard to do that...) They have managed to lose my payments (that were on auto pay, no less) and confuse me on a routine basis.

Recently they tried to overcharge me more than $2, 000! Just as I am trying to consolidate my loans they added more to the prinicipal as if I wouldn't notice. I should not be more educated and better business person than my servicer...

Their procedures are straight up criminal. You cannot reach a coherent person who knows about loans, ever. The CFPB needs to check in here.

ACS EducationLate fees/customer service

Worst company ever!!! I have been charged multiple late fees, even after my payment had been processed and money had been taken from my account. My loan was split into two, one was in a prepayment status, and didn't need payment until December, they then failed to send me bills for my other loan, resulting in MORE late fees. I try to call them, I was put on hold for close to an hour, completely unacceptable. This company is useless and should be ashamed.

ACS Education — RIP OFF SCAM ARTIST

I have been paying on these student loans for years now, this "business" has changed carriers several times without notifying the indivudals carrying the loans. I have (for the...

Acs — ACS- Class Action Lawsuit for Fraudulent and Deceptive Practices

I am looking to join the ACS- Class Action Lawsuit for Fraudulent and Deceptive Practices. Does anyone have the lawyer's information so that I can contact them?

ACS-Education.combad customer service

I recently filed a complaint against ACS on behalf of our daughter. Too soon yet to know if filing the complaint will help her situation.
Those of you who have listed your complaints might want to consider doing this for yourself.

ACS is a part of the Xerox company. I phoned the Ethics Office below at the help line number. My complaint was taken by a third-party service, who gave me a reference number and an email address to follow up with. Within a day I had a response from the ACS Ethics Officer that my complaint had been received and forwarded to the appropriate people to follow up.

(http://www.acs-inc.com/contact-acs.aspx
Ethics Office
800.443.1946 (helpline)
214.841.8426
[protected]@acs-inc.com

There's also a second email, which I did not use.
[protected]@xerox.com

Xerox states that its company ethics apply to all its branches.

Consumer complaints about ACS:

http://www.personalfinanceanalyst.com/acs-student-loan-information/ (student complaints at end of article)

• Su
    susan Pepper Apr 06, 2012

Dear Sir, My name is susan Pepper and my account # is B05021813 and I am very angry about the service. I am a teacher and I usually make several payments at one time that are sent with the booklet stub for that month or months. Since Jan there has been a problem who ever processed my payments did not do it correctly. I have been in contact with two people since Jan and they both told me it was fixed. The last person s name was Mana # 3028 and she told me everything was corrected. I than got a letter from aes that they were taking over the loan, so I sent a payment to them in March but it was an April payment with a note to make sure it was applied to April not March. Well I get a letter from AES saying that April's payment is due, so I called ACS spoke to Malcom 0n 4/6/12 he said it should be taken care of within 7 to 14 days. Then I had to go and call AES and explain to them what happened then I had to call ACS back and talk to them. I want a letter clearing this matter and I want the two agencies to talk because i am tired of being on the phone for two hours. I have always paid my loan on time but there seems to be a problem with the people who process them They don't look at the stub when it goes in and they assume it is for that month. I would like this matter cleared up immediately . I can be reached at 1516-796-4525 Home or cell 1516-578-4410. I don't want my credit screwed up or I will take further action . Sincerely, Susan Pepper

Acs Fast Cash Scam

Someone kept calling me by the name of Ryan Moss from ACS (which clearly wasn't his real name, was a heavy Indian accent) and leaving messages on my work number saying it was of urgent matter that I called him back and if I didn't, the best thing he could do would be to wish me luck for all the things that befell me. It was pretty clear that what he was reading was a script as the messages never changed and were verbatim. The number of my phone showed up as [protected] but he kept leaving a number of [protected] to call him back. Fed up, I finally answered it, and he promply confirmed my name and asked that I supply my lawyers name. I told him I didn't have one, and then he asked if I was going to be in court the next day. I mentioned I did not know what he was talking about, and he acted surprised that I didn't know of my court date (don't you need to be served papers for court in person?!?!) He went on to say that he had an affidavit and then held up a bunch of papers to the phone like he was shuffling through imaginary paperwork. He told me I couldn't interrupt him during his reading of the affadavit. Basically charging me with theft, fraud, and something else, he said that he was in charge of taking me to court for unresolved debt with Fast Cash and that the charges would be nearly $5000. After a bunch of questions asking him who he was (I asked what his website was, and he blew up and said it was ridiculous that I didn't trust him or his validity for his company - please note, the website I used to file this report may be incorrect, but it was the only ACS collection agency I could find on the internet). I told him I'd meet him in court then, and he said that he couldn't meet me since he was in California and court was in my home state of Minnesota. I then asked what he wanted me to do...and he said that he could settle the matter out of court for a mere $900 some dollars. I told him that I would contact Fast Cash instead to figure out why they still claim I owe them money, and he said that no, they didn't have time to talk with me direct and that he was going to settle it for them. I told him I'd try to take care of everything without his help because I didn't trust him. He proceeded to tell me that he was going to send the litigation to my employer (ummm, why not me, since I haven't gotten it?) and let them know how bad of an employee they have. I hope they do, as my employer would probably help me sue them for defamation. Long story short, don't let these people scare you into payment. Their practices are totally deceptive and illegal. He said at the original time of the call that I was being recorded...at the end of the call, I asked if he could potentially send me a copy of the recording. He hung up.

Joanne L. Feb 09, 2012

I had the same thing happen to me, but they added that I would be arrested on 2/10/2012. I went straight to my local sheriff' department and found out that I do not have a warrent for my arrest. The number that I received was an 818 number, also located in California. This is not the first company to do this. I did not even give him a chance to blow at me because I hung up on him. Someone needs to look into these scams.

ACS Education Services — Suspect Accounting Practices

Wells Fargo financed my student loans and the loans were %400 paid ahead. Suddenly ACS Education Services bought the loan. ACS sent a letter demanding payment although the account...

ACS Education Services — Poor customer service

My loan was recently sold to ACS Education Services. Last month they sent me a letter telling me that I would be getting a bill from them, but I never did. I had no account...

Acs — ACS taking over Wells Fargo Student Loans

ACS is taking over Wells Fargo Student Loan -- in an effort to make sure my history matches what is transfered over here's what Im finding out. Ive been making payment --they...

ACS-Education.comPractices

My wife and I had student loans which were recently transferred to ACS education. We had been applying for Income Based Repayment with the original lender when it happened (something we found a little fishy). They have been impossible to deal with. We carefully sent them everything they asked for. Months went by without hearing from them.I called many times and was told they had never recieved anything. Finally, I talked to someone who told me the IBR had been rejected because the application did not contain pay stubs. NOWHERE did they ever request pay stubs. It took a lot of verbal wrangling to convince the representative that we needed another packet with instructions on exactly what they need, it was like pulling hen's teeth. I am concerned about how this process will go.

Acs Unwanted calls

I keep getting calls from this place where they are not speaking very good english and tell me I owe $782.00 on payday loan (I never took out and there is no record when checked with my bank). They keep calling relentlessly and have even harrassed my 13 year old child, saying someone is going to show up at my house and that I am really home etc, and in fact, I was at work! They want to talk to my attorney and when I try and get their information, they will not give me anything in writing or verbally. What a scam!! How do I make them stop? I am not going to be harrassed at home nor at work for something I did not do! This ACS needs to be stopped!!

ACS Education ServicesIncome Based Repayment plan

Last year (2010) ACS Education started servicing one of my student loans. I had been granted an Income Based Repayment plan for every student loan I had withstanding for a full year. When IBR plan renewal time came I sent each and every loan holder a new IBR application along with the required documents. ACS Education never contacted me for about one month while the other loan holders (AES and Great Lakes) granted me a new IBR plan for a full year in less than one month. Later I received a letter from ACS telling me that I had not been granted IBR repayment because they needed other documents from me. I called ACS and the representative told me to fax proof of my income, which I already had done at renewal time. Nevertheless, I faxed them the papers. Another month silence followed and I became very worried so I wrote them a certified mail letter in Dec. 2010 complaining about their customer service and IBR plan and sending them my application for the THIRD time. Later I called ACS and the customer service rep told me thah my IBR repayment plan was granted on dec.2010. Today (feb. 2011) I had just received a letter from ACS telling me that my IBR plan was not granted and that I have to pay full payment amount in march. This is driving me nuts! These people do not know how to service student loans. I will file a complain with the Department of Education as I have seen too many complaints about them over the web.

• Em
    Emmo Jul 30, 2011

This is exactly the type of service I've gotten from them. It's a very long story that spans over a YEAR of talking back and forth with them. They tell me they need more documents- I send them (AGAIN), they tell me it didn't process, they tell me it's late and they need to put it in forbearance to bring it up to date and tell me to resend the IBR papers, I re-send the IBR papers and it doesn't process, b/c "it was in forbearance at the time"... This happens AGAIN. Every time I call, I talk to someone different who says something different. THEN, they start sending me a bill for an IBR payment that is INCORRECT. I have 2 loans with them and one of them has a $0 monthly payment, but this one has a $72 payment for some reason. (meanwhile, like you said, AES immediately granted me the IBR for the correct amount ($0), no problem). After a year and a half of going back and forth with them, someone tells me "I have no idea why this on is $0 and this one is $72. It should be $0. I will ask the IBR department what's going on and call you back" I get a call from them a couple of weeks later from that same lady and she says "I spoke to the IBR dept and they said it was miscalcuated and they are fixing it. It will be $0 just like the other one. There's nothing else you need to do, we will take care of it." YAY!... WRONG!!! A month later I'm still getting $72 bills from them!!! I call back, and OF COURSE talk to someone who tells me something completely different. After going back and forth with her she says she will talk to IBR dept and figure it out... calls me back a couple of weeks later and says "No, it turns out that your $0 loan was calculated wrong and it should be $86 and the $72 loan is correct."... said they calculated it based on my tax return from 2 years ago (which was higher than my current income) I told her I had sent in "alternative documentation of income" way back then and in the meantime (since this spanned over a year) had sent them the most recent tax return info that gives my new lower income. She said they only base it on the original tax return. I said "You mean to tell me that you guys are going to charge me based on an income that I haven't made in over a year and a half??? An income that I was making BEFORE I even started the IBR application process with you???" She said there's nothing she can do about it. So, I'm extremely mad at this point and I ask to talk to a manager. She tells me that there's no one available. I ask her to tell me WHEN to call back so I can talk to a manager and give me a name of a manager so I can know WHO to talk to. She tells me that she doesn't know when a manager will be there or who will be there- it's not her "responsibility" to know that. She gives me the run around some more and keeps telling me their business hours and I finally just told her I will call back during their business hours and see if I can find a manager. This is where I have left off. I'm sure this story is not over. This started in the spring of 2010 and it is now August 2011. RIDICULOUS!

• Lo
    loanman Dec 15, 2011

Happening like that to me too, right now, with ACS and IBR. They seem not set up in their system to deal with IBRs. I insisted on talking to a manager; they tried to discourage me by saying I'd have to hold, I just said I can hold all day, I'm not going away. They got me a manager, that one pissed me off and I asked to talk to HER manager...had to wait like 30 min on hold but another one came on...That one finally told me she would have the IBR people call me directly tomorrow (we'll see if that happens). I asked for manager's name and "badge #, she said Natalie 2661 but here's the thing--as a test, I called back a few hours later and just pretended like I was calling for the first time with another random agent. I asked if he had notes on my call. He said, nope, you're all current until Dec 13. I said what's today's date? He says "December 13" and then paused. DOn't you think you should say YOU HAVE A PAYMENT DUE TODAY instead of, Oh everyhng's all up to date? Anyway, since he had no reference to the 2-levels up manager I dealt with before, I just duplicated my requested asking about my IBR status in order to tie up as many of their people as possible working on it at once. I think I will call once per day and assign a new agent to look into my issue until they get it right!

• Ad
    addddddy Mar 02, 2013

today i logged into my acs account to pay my bill and it told me that they have transferred me to american education services. there was no explanation. i dont even know if this is legit. i am relunctant to pay my bill until i get an answer from an actual person at acs education. i googled american education services and saw that there were so many complaints about them. this is the only loan i have ever taken out and i am so new to this.

-addy

• Co
    Concerned Oklahoman Mar 14, 2013

I am dealing with ACS's IBR status right now. Their customer service reps are horrible and rude. I had been in IBR for 2011 with a reduced payment because my income varies. Last year I submitted my 2012 forms. I received acknowledgement that I was in IBR status and that my payment was $0. About 3 months later I started getting an e-mails stating that I had a payment due of $199. I called them, and they told me that no, my payment should be $0, it was a computer glitch, and to ignore it. Cut to this year. At the end of January, when I received my W2, I went to file my IBR forms and received a message that my loan was 248 days in arears and that I was in danger of going into default. What? How?! I was supposed to be in IBR. I called them, and they told me to go ahead and submit the new IBR forms this year. They would make the IBR retroactive plus apply it to this year. That very day, the SAME DAY that I submitted my IBR, they generated a letter stating that they were calling in my loan. Again, why? I called them, and they told me no, the IBR was still processing. The customer service rep told me that I had missed deadlines and that I should have called. I told him that I had called repeatedly, and if they looked at the telephone log they would see that not only had I called I had received messages through their system regarding my submission. TODAY, I got a letter that was dated 02/25/2013 but metered/postmarked as 03/05/2013 stating that while they had received my IBR application, I had not filled it out. When I called them, a customer service rep told me that I am now in default. I stated I'd turned in my IBR. He then told me that I had not included the application. I told him that is impossible because I had e-mailed it in and it was an entire file that was attached with my application being page 1 and my W2 being page 2. They claimed they only got the W2. That is not technologicaly possible! I was then told that I am now in straight default status because I missed the window for the IBR application. How can that be when I have an e-mail acknowledgement showing it's receipt? Now, they are telling me that I have exhausted all other avenues, and there is a 6-page form that I must fill out plus attach 60 days' worth of check stubs in order to be considered for a forebearance. Once the forebearance expires, I am then eligible to apply for IBR. I asked them why I couldn't just resubmit, since I had an e-mail acknowleding that I had indeed filled out the IBR and had it in on time. I was told tough noogies, fill this out and send it in, but now I must MAIL it. So apparently I am going to have to send this by certified mail. It just keeps going in a circle with me sending them forms, they claim they didn't get them, and telling me I have to send in more forms. Has anyone been able to find a resolution to this? Have you gotten anyone to at least listen to you?

• Co
    Concerned Oklahoman Mar 14, 2013

I am going through IBR problems with ACS right now. I have sent them numerous forms only to be told that I am now in default status. The customer service reps have been extremely rude and have given conflicting information. I submitted IBR forms last year. I received confirmation of them and that my payment amount was $0. After 3 months, I kept getting e-mails telling me that my payments were past due. I contacted ACS regarding this, and they told me it was a computer glitch, I was in IBR status, and my payment was $0 and to ignore anything else. I just submitted my IBR forms in February for the year 2013. I submitted them via e-mail with the paperwork as a 2-page document attachment. I received a form today telling me that they are calling in my loan. The very same day I submitted my paperwork was the day that this default letter was generated. It was as if my request for IBR caused them triggered a default notice. When I talked to the customer service person, they told me that they had not received my application, just my W2. That is impossible because it was a 2-page document (i.e., 1 attachment that when opened should have revealed 2 pages). I'm now being told that because my loan is in default, they will not accept an IBR request and I must apply for either a deferment or forbearance requiring 6 pages of documentation plus 60 days' worth of check stubs. The customer service person then told me that had I made a phone call, they could have made a note. What?! I did make a phone call. Numerous phone calls! When I asked if I could just resubmit the IBR with the W2 via mail, the rep told me that I could but that it would be rejected because I am in default, and that I "should have taken care of this days ago." Here is the problem: The letter I received notifying me of the error was dated 02/25/2013. The envelope was metered/postmarked for 03/05/2013, and I just received the notification regarding the "nonreceipt of the IBR application" today. Did it sit on someone's desk for 2 weeks?! Also, I received a default notification letter today, as well, and it is dated 02/28/2013 and postmarked for 03/08/2013. So how is it I was put into default status when I had submitted the IBR on 02/12/2013 and hadn't even received notification of a problem with my IBR until today? Are you confused? It was as if they were determined to put me into default. I'm tired of getting the runaround! Has anyone found a resolution to this situation?