CitiFinancial Servicing Logo

CitiFinancial Servicing

Having problems with CitiFinancial Servicing?

6400 Las Colinas Blvd., Mail Stop CC2-109

2088 S Miller Parkway Milwaukee WI 53219
+1 877 988 9894

Complaints & Reviews

Customer complaint

I called customer service to request an immediate copy of my truck title to be sent to the PennDot in Harrisburg, PA so I could transfer my plates from Alabama to Pennsylvania. My current plates expire June 30th. I have been attempting to complete this for a week without success. I keep getting the run around. The person I keep coming in contact with on the phone in the customer service department is very difficult to understand. I apologized to him and explained that I could not understand him and asked if he could get someone to help me who speaks better English. He refused and then said he would connect me back to the automated system. I said I didn't want to do that because I need to speak to someone whom I can understand and he got very rude on the phone and put me back into the automated system anyway. I tried using the automated system and I got the same representative. I explained to him again that I needed to expedite obtaining my title. I explained that the lady at PennDot faxed a request and she suggested I contact you to make sure your office received the fax. He told me the fax was not at that location and he wouldn't check anyway. I asked him to connect me to the title office so I could speak to someone regarding my issue with needing a copy of the title and he said he didn't have the correct number. At this point, you can imagine my frustration. Your customer service is a direct representative of your company. Right now, I am not impressed. Is there anyone out there that can assist me? Is there anyone willing to do their job? Appreciate a reply.

Thank-you,
James Ingold.

• El
    Eli Ace Jun 25, 2008

I am very upset with the Woodbridge Citifinancial branch. I spoke to the person in charged and she has no manner what so ever. I had asked her if she could get me a lean release letter so i could take it to DMV and all she does is give me the run around with a nasty attitude. At first she told me that she doesn't know hoe to do that so the next day she said that she was going to fax it to the DMV and guess what, she did not.

I desided to call her and she said to me that she had to much in her hands that I have to wait and for me not to call her anymore and hanged up the ohone in my face. If this matter is not done by tommorow. Then I would take legal action.

• Cr
    crystal Dec 09, 2008

I am going through the same thing, james you should call the dmv in alabama they should have a title and they will fax you a copy. it may cost you a few dollars to get it. my husband and i have been fighting with them for 3 months now to get a copy of the title to our car and they cant seem to find one, i was told to go to the dmv where i used to live and get it when i called they had one on file. the bad part fo it is that we are still fighting with them about the payments and after fighting with them over it i dont want the dang car anymore. all of the employes that we have spke to are rude and im tired of not understanding any of them. if they cant speak clear english then they should find a job that requires them to us there hands not there mouths.

Repossession

Like many others we took out a loan with Citifinancial, using our vehicle (which was paid off) for...

Worst company I've ever dealt with

CitiFinancial has been so rude to me and is the worst company I've ever dealt with!! I was in a car accident in April of '08... I am now going into 3months of being without a car b/c of them. I have called everyday to make sure they got the insurance check, gap check, and then the balance due after that b/c I had a deferred payment that they assured me would not mess up my account if I took that option... don't believe that one!! They are saying my account is passed due for 2 months and that I needed to pay it because it was being reported to the credit bureau... They told me in an earlier conversation that during the time insurance and everything that it would not be reported. My question is, why when you are getting paid from insurance and gap would I continue to make payments during this time?? Then you would just have 2 or 3 extra payments from me that you are doing what with?? SCAM ARTISTS!! But everytime I talk to them I can never get a straight answer. They give me the run around and then people they have in their customer service dept. are the poorest excuse for human beings that I've ever had to deal with. They argued with me and told that I was not listening to them, they are extremely rude, in the middle of me trying to ask them a question they just put me on hold w/o any notice, I asked to speak to a manager and she was an ever bigger... fill in the blank... I told her that if she would let me ask my question without being put on hold or INTERRUPTED (which they are infamous for doing) then maybe I wouldn't get so upset. The woman told me that I was stubborn and needed to be quiet and listen to her... Dealing with them has been the worst nightmare I've ever had to deal with. Poor customer service, poor communication, poor management,... the list goes on. There is not one even remotely good thing I could say about them!!

• Bu
    buba lui Jul 02, 2008

They’re Saudi Owned. What do you expect? I paid them off and went American. As should any good US Citizen.

• Va
    valarie blount Aug 25, 2008

Yes, indeed they are some Rude, Nasty, DisRecpectful, human beings. Can we even call them humans? I am facing an issue with citi fi auto. And the Representatives, Team Leaders, Managers, Supervisors are terrible people to deal with. And the thing I hate the most, that they show their ... because they are on the phone, and cause you live in another state. And they know they can get away with talking to people how they fill because no one is checking up on their people skills. They record us for so called Quality assurance purpose, but no one actually check those things and to to the rep. that's being so Nasty. I think it is time that Ms. Mary McDowell Ceo/ President of citi financial Auto do some investigations, a clean house. Clean House.

• Au
    Audrey Mar 03, 2009

I too have been having serious problems with Citifinancialauto My payment is 358.44 a month out of that 261.60 is applied to interest! My car I bought from toyota in muscle shoals alabama. while the rep @ toyota was very nice. This loan company is so horrible that I am recommending that ppl do not buy from toyota or use citi either. I have recently lost my job and i was told by a rep that i could get a refigure on my pymts to make them lower. Now they tell me that I don't qualifiy I had another rep tell me that I had to be behind 3 pymts before they would refigure pymts. They tell you they don't want to reposses the car that's up to me weather i default or not. They have agent #'s but don't want to give them to you over the phone. Ask for a supervisor they put you on hold for 10 min often ending with a disconnect. Lucky my mother is willing to help but it's only because my father just died that she has the money. I do not recommend citi to anyone. the phone system is impossible to navigate. so i put in my info and them press 0 three times to get to rep. who then gives a line of b.s. and transfer me to 'another dept" which has no label. Good luck with dealing with this lot of babbling idiots and their management.

• Ji
    Jimbrotothetop Mar 29, 2009

It is the worst company in the world to do business with.. Besides the incredible amount of interest that they charge, they will not reconsider a lower finance charge even if you have been perfect on payments for two years... @#$%!!! So to citifinance.. GO TO HELL!!! All out there, Stay away from them please!!!

Rachel May 19, 2009

You know i Just got done dealing with someone who cant even speak english. I couldnt believe it when the person on the phone couldnt get me to a person who spoke english because they are not located in the US. I am outraged, I am so pissed off. Companies like this shouldnt be allowed to do business in the united states. Its companies like this that have helped flush this country down the toilet. As soon as I can I am paying them off and when I do buy another car I will make sure i do business with an american company. Problem is do they even exist anymore?

• Ry
    Ryani99 Feb 15, 2010

Recently may account was behind..Most recently by a whopping $35.00, They continued to call me three to 5 times a day. I have asked them to stop calling, I informed them that it would be taken care of the next week (this was on a friday). Yet the continued to call upto 5 times a day. I have gotten to the point of cursing them out which they usually hung up on me. On person said not to talk to them that way and it was harrasment the way I was talking, I asked the if the tought it was harrassment the way they call me so much and she didn't seem to think so. I have found one way to get them off the phone pretty quick. I have started to record all of their phone calls. I informed them that I WAS recording the call and they say that they are not authorized to speak to me if I was recording the call and asked me to stop. I said if you record my calls I have the right to record yours. I received 2 more calls and informed both people that I was recording them and after that the calls have stopped. Just a suggestion. I have no house line, just my cell phone and most cell phones have the ability to record. Mine even beeps every minute to back up my claim of recording them. When I sent in my bill I included a not that I will no longer accept phone calls and all coorispondance will be handled though the mail and any more phone call will be considdered harrassment.

Good luck, these people a greedy self centered a$$holes

Scam

Was contacted on 4/7 by Angelica of Citifinancial Auto Loss Control division was told that insurances had...

Credit bureau reporting

I am 61 yrs old and never had an account with this company loan # on credit bureau report is [protected], they...

Misapplied payment

Citifinancial Mortgage Company, Inc. lost or misapplied my March 2008 payment. After numerous phone calls, most of which were with people who could not speak English very well, I finally got a supervisor named Dave who had me fax [protected]) in a copy of my cleared check, front and back, to prove that I had indeed made the March payment. He assured me that with that documentation the matter would be cleared up within a week. That was two months ago. After many harassing collections calls (some very late at night) and having to repeat the situation over and over again as well as receiving numerous letters threatening loan acceleration and foreclosure, I finally got another supervisor named Brigitte who assured me that as soon as I faxed [protected]) in a copy of my cleared check, front and back, she would make sure the proper research department would find the missing payment. Surprise! Nothing was done! I finally got a customer service rep who was willing to "help" me and she gave me a direct fax line to the research department [protected]) (which unbelievably does NOT have any direct phone numbers, can you believe that? Nope, I don’t either). I wrote a long letter explaining the situation as well as provided copies of the first check, front and back, that was lost and since by now I had made another payment that had cleared my bank, I also provided a copy of that one, front and back. By the way, both of these checks have very clear Citifinancial endorsements on the backs. I faxed all of this documentation in to the research department 8 days in a row. I figured since they can't seem to get their poop in a group, I would inundate them with information and surely out of all of those 10 faxes that I sent in, at least ONE of them would arrive on the desk of someone that would be willing to DO THEIR JOB. But no, I was wrong in that assumption. They still have not credited my account for the missing payment, even after proving numerous times that it was, and I have a negative comment on my credit report. I have invested hours and hours in phone calls, faxes, letter writing, etc., all to no avail. I am starting to believe that this is a fraudulent scam that Citifinancial is running. It really makes one wonder if there is a foreclosure crisis in this country or if it is just Citifinancial Mortgage screwing their customers.

• Ta
    tatum Aug 04, 2009

I think all who complain about citi are crazy everyone of you act as if your victims like you get calls just because .you get call because you all dont pay your bills!!! on time!!! citi offers programs to help you bad customers out! and you still complain! If you would pay your payments on time you would not even be in this position! just send on time with your staement stub you get in the mail stop playing victim to what you created! pay consistant from the get go as you agreed in contract to do! STOP BAD MOUTHING CITI!!! they try to help and offer everthing they can to help good and bad people to keep there house or get up to date on there loans. some who dont even deserve it! Im sick of hearing people act victim to what they caused for themselves!!!

Getting a payoff

I was only 4 days late on my June 2008 payment. I went to purchase another car and because the June payment was not received as of that day, Citifinancial would not release a 10 day payoff, then they hung up on me after I called and explained it made no sense for them to deny me this information. Afterall, they were going to be paid EITHER WAY. This company as it's employee's trained to be bullies when it comes to collecting payments. To me, it would never be an attempt to collect a debt, it's just flat out harrassement!! I encourage everyone to NEVER use Citifinancial for ANY purchase.

• Ho
    hollianne97 May 17, 2010

Yep, I agree with the above... they are bullies.. I have had the worst conversations with them and at work no less. they all know at my job not to deal with citi finanancial just by listening to my phone conversations.. and I am usually in tears by the time I hang up with them.

False negative credit markings

I typically charge furniture when the no interest no payment deal is going on. Prior to the promotion being up i will pay up to $100.00 per month so that the balance is zero when the promotion is up. Well i decided to charge something else a few months prior to the end of the promotion and they applied several payments to the new account, causing that balance to go down but the old balance was not coming down. Well the promotion ended for the old balance and then i started accruing late fees and finance charges (at the time i had no idea, i admit i was not checking my statement). I then then stopped making payments, thinking that i didn't have to because of the plan that i am on. Well my credit was affected and balance grew higher and higher. Until i looked at my statement and noticed the high balance. I then sent in a letter to dispute all the finance charges and late fees. Well they did correct the balance on the account however failed to correct the negative markings on my credit. they currently have me listed as being late from 9/07 until 1/08. I am now asking for managers on this situation because they found their error but only fixed a portion of it. I have been hung up on and hung up on and transfered over and over again. I am pissed!!!

Beware!

I will never do business with Citifinancial Retail Services!! I bought a bed through them and paid off the...

Forgery of signature

I went into the fullerton branch to refinance my loan. By an error on my part, I did not have all the documentation I needed and had to reschedule the meeting for a later date. I did not sign anything - nor did I give authorization fo for anything. When I returned to work, I was notified by my payroll department that a representative from citifinancial had forged my signature on a "verification of employment" form. This is a legal document that requests personal payroll information. The signature looks nothing like mine, and when I contacted the branch to dispute their actions - they all but called me a liar! I have since contacted the supervisory citifinancial offices.

• At
    Atul Chandrahasya Lad Jul 24, 2008

One month before I have submitted my documents files required for personal mortgage loan against my flat at Bhayandar. I also personally contacted your office at Borivali(West). But not received any favourable answer or not my file is returned to me if no loan is sanctioned.

Please lookinto the matter.

Terrible company!

My husband and I went to Citi Financial last August looking to consalidate some bills. We went in with high hopes because they seemed so interested in helping us with our situation over the phone. The lady working on our application said that our credit scores were great, which we already knew because we are subscribers to Credit Inform. She said we qualified for a home equity 1 loan. We were so excited to finally get from underneath the pressures of some of our bills. Little did we know that the pressure was going to get worse. The loan officer told us that our interest rate was going to be 20.99%. That since our credit was so good we avoided getting the 25.99% rate. My husband and I were speechless.

There was nothing we could do. We didn't have the time to apply anywhere else. We were in such a financial mess. We were not behind on our bills yet but we had loss some of our monthly income. We had to take the hand that was dealt to us and she knew that. I would advise anyone that has the time to weigh their options to stay out of citifinancial. I am suffering through a loan payment that is literally half interest and half payment.

By the time my husband and I pay off this loan (in the next 4 1/2 years), we will have paid them almost $9, 000.00 in interest and that is only $3, 500.00 shy of what we borrowed.

• De
    dena Aug 01, 2008

You may file a lawsuit against citi. Contracts must be legal, not one sided and the interest rate cannot be excessive. Talk to a lawyer and tell him/her about other complaints about citi.

Fraudulent service offered

Reference Number: [protected].
On 12-Mar-2008, I paid Rs.3, 309.00, Receipt Number: 1078901. The amount was full and final settlement against a loan taken to buy a Refrigerator.
Your Executive Mr. Sharma assured me that the Post Dated Cheques will be delivered within a few days o my residence address. Instead of returning it was produced in the month of March and April which is cleared from my account, causing me a lot of inconvenience.
When I called the Helpline they were very rude while answering my query and I was asked to directly go to the Malad west branch where I had made the cash payment to collect the excess cash which was collected by Citifinancial.
After this conversation I was out of station for some personal work and returned after a month and a half.
Approached your Malad west branch but the service that I have received is pathetic.
A Lady at the reception was very ill mannered.
I entered the office and there was no one at the reception and later this lady came from inside and asked one of her colleagues about my presence in the office. And the other lady answered in hindi "Abhi Aaya Hai" The receptionist asked "Kyo Aaya Hai"? She replied "Mujhe Nahin Pata".
Looking towards me that Lady asked in a very harsh voice, "Kya Chahiye"? I replied in English, "Refund". She said "Teen din se hamare systems down hai aur pata nahin kab tak down rahenga, aap apna ID proof de do, Hum aapko aapka jo bhi refund cheque hoga aapke address pe bhijwa denge". I asked if I could approach someone else for my refund. The Lady replied, "Jahan bhi Citifinancial office ho waha jaiye" I asked for the nearest location and she started making faces on me and sounded ridiculous. Murmuringly she answered “Kandivali, Amboli jahan marji ho waha jaiye”. She meant, that I must go anywhere I like but leave her office rightaway.
I walked out of the branch receiving unbelievable service.
I request you to please solve this issue and return me my money which you have taken and used for several months despite of paying the balance by cash. I am very unhappy by the kind of service that your company and your staff provide. So in the future I would not like to do any business with your company and would like you to return my money by cash or cheque within 2 days or else I will lodge a police complaint against your company and your staff for such a horrible service.
Also, please give customer service training to your staff as they are helping your company to loose genuine customers.

Rahul R chincholkar Jun 18, 2008

RAHUL .R. CHINCHOLAR
    1248, NORTH KASBA,
    NR, OLD VITTHAL TEMPLE
    SOLAPUR (MH) 413007
    MO- 9422463694, 9421044094

TO
    CREDIT MANEGER
    CITIFINANCIAL CONSUMER FINANCE INDIA LTD.
    DELHI

SUB:-REGARDING THIRD TOPUP OF PERSNAL LOAN

SIR;

I HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR THE THIRD TIME TOPUP ON 20TH MAY2008 BY MISS. MANALI FROM SOLAPUR(MH) BRANCH. SAME DAY I HAVE FULLFILLED ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE SAME.
    I AM CONTINOUSLY TOUCH WITH THOSE WHO ARE
    HANDLLING MY CASE., NAMELY MISS MANALI, MISS SHWETA, AND
    MR.VERMA (BRANCH MANEGER)
    ACCORDING TO MR.VERMA HE HAS TRIED HIS LEVEL BEST FOR MY TOPUP OF LOAN.

I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT YOU FOLLOWING POINTS:-

1) CITI. FIN. HAS INVITED ME FOR THE THIRD TOPUP
    2) AT TIME OF SECOND TOPUP EXCESS PAYMENT OF RS 325/- IS GIVEN TO ME. FOR THAT YOUR RECOVERY OFFICER HAS COME TO MY OFFICE FOR RECOVERY. I WENT TO SOLAPUR BR. OFFICE FOR VERIFICATION AND NOTICE THE FACT THAT BY ADJECTING FIRST LOAN THE AMOUNT GIVEN TO ME IS RS 325/- IS EXCESS.( ALL THESE CALCULATION IS DONE BY CITI. FIN. NOT BY ME )
    THEN I HAVE DONE CASH PAYMENT
    3) AFTER SECOND TOPUP TWO EMI CHEQUES WERE PRESENTED AT THE BANK ON SAME DAY (ONE CHEQUE OF BEFORE TOPUP & AFTER TOPUP) THIS HAPPENS TWICE, EVEN THIS IS NOT MY MISTAKE.
    4) I HAVE MAINTAINED GOOD TRACK RECORD SINCE LAST FOUR YEARS WITH CITI FIN.

EXACTLY I NOT GETTING THE FACT THAT WHERE I DONE WRONG.
    PLEASE KINDLY COSIDER THE CASE

SOLAPUR (MH) 413007
    MO- 9422463694, 9421044094

TO
    CREDIT MANEGER
    CITIFINANCIAL CONSUMER FINANCE INDIA LTD.
    DELHI

SUB:-REGARDING THIRD TOPUP OF PERSNAL LOAN

SIR;

I AM CONTINOUSLY TOUCH WITH THOSE WHO ARE
    HANDLLING MY CASE., NAMELY MISS MANALI, MISS SHWETA, AND
    MR.VERMA (BRANCH MANEGER)
    ACCORDING TO MR.VERMA HE HAS TRIED HIS LEVEL BEST FOR MY TOPUP OF LOAN.

I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT YOU FOLLOWING POINTS:-

1) CITI. FIN. HAS INVITED ME FOR THE THIRD TOPUP
    THEN I HAVE DONE CASH PAYMENT
    4) I HAVE MAINTAINED GOOD TRACK RECORD SINCE LAST FOUR YEARS WITH CITI FIN.

EXACTLY I NOT GETTING THE FACT THAT WHERE I DONE WRONG.
    PLEASE KINDLY COSIDER THE CASE
    THANKING YOU

RAHUL CHINCHOLKAR

• Su
    suk_pccs Jul 06, 2008

THESE FOREIGN TIE UP INVESTMENT CROOKS AND FRAUDS SHOULD BE PUNISHED AND KICKED OUT OF THE COUNTRY _CITY FINANCIAL IS REALLY PAINFUL __SO ALSO ANOTHER NBFA _INDIA BULLS _LTD _ THEY CAN BE CALLED AS INDIA PIGS rather

• Pr
    Prashant D Deore Aug 06, 2008

R/Sir,
    New referance no.15365149/HL(July 08) in place of old referance no.6052520/HL for renewed loan amt. rs9.0lakh.
    As I Prashant deore got the new referance no. I got the letter from Ms. Arti Rohatagi(advt.) for arbitration at Delhi.
    What I do? pleas specify.

• Pk
    PK Bajaj Nov 21, 2009

The bank was negligent.

That is a scam

Financed Furniture bought at Haverty's through Citifinancial. However, they didn't mail a statement until the 1st bill was late so they charged a $39 late fee and finance charge, after we went to Haverty's and told them we haven't got a bill yet- they said don't worry- you will!! Yes- we did FINALLY- What a great deal- it was suppose to be no interest until 2011- so much for that. Charged a late fee before we even get a statement- I say that is a scam. Don't fall for it- they waste no time screwing it up so you will pay interest, like not mailing the statement until the payment is late.

• Re
    rena' Mar 03, 2009

I agree!!! I had this same problem I have still been unable to get this fixed. Now I currently have several problems with this company and what they are doing!!! This is only one of many problems I am haveing with them!! I have no way to check the bills other that what they send me!! Have three accounts 1 is being finiance and two that are 1yr same as cash but they do not apply the money to the right accounts and will not change the payments and apply them to the proper accounts even though the bills clearly state what accounts they are to!! And the intrest rate is 24.99 which is over the top!!! The customer service is clearly in need of an adjustment!!! This also concerns me after seeing that my tax dollars may possible be used to help this company!!! This is one company that should not be bailed out!!!

• Gr
    groopr Aug 31, 2010

citifinancial is a scam! they prey on innocent victims charging a whopping 25% interest retroactive to the first day of the purchase. buyer beware! citi is behind many store private label credit cards!

No response from them

Have tried to contact citifinancial for almost a week w/o getting through on their 1800phone number.

I have email access too, but no response to questions to my email address.

I guess I will have to send payments by post office overnight...? What is going on???? Not a happy customer and this is just the tip of the iceberg with Citifinancial Mortgage. We have other issues too.

Does anyone at Citifinancial really know anything?

I have concern for anyone wanting to finance with this corporation. If I hear from them today, or can get through to a representative, I will gladly change my remarks. Thanks

C.hill Jun 16, 2008

I have been searching for others with the same issues that I have with CIti-Financial. I have a loan with them, secured by my home. We got behind on the payments and with our first mortgage. We were working with our mortgage company and stayed in contact with our local office to help resolve this. We got a repayment plan with our mortgage company and tried to work payment with our local Citi-Financial, the manager there was so rude and hateful and proceeded to tell my husband how she didn't have time for his bs and tired of his ###. She also refered to him by his brothers name. Well, he corrected her and stated he was not his brother and was not to be refered to as him. She actually slammed her hands on her desk and raised he hand at my husband. Well he walked out, she was so mad and if he would have sat there he feels should would have finished her swing and hit him. We tried to file a complaint no one would help. No ne can even provide a number or even name of the district manager, like its a big secret.
    Since this we have gotten current on the loan and able to walk into a different office to make our payments. Last week I received a letter from an attorney's office stating they are filing suit for a judgement against us on this loan. I spoke with the office and was informed since the payments were sporatic, they could get a judgement to secure payment. We got 3 payments behind(first time ever).
    Now all I am getting from their customer service is that I must contact the location. Now why should I put myself in harms way of walking into that office. I have never gone thru so many people to be told there is nothign I can do for you. Now I have left a message form their legal department. Now here is the big one, I had to change my number due to their harrassment and do not want them to have my current number. They called me daily, I still have all the messages on my old answerign machine, with time and dates...There are days I received two and three messages from their office.
    Are there any suggestions out there. My first thought is to get my papers in order and contact an attorney and file suit against the branch manager, employees and Citi-Financial.

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jun 17, 2008

Harassing calls

Citifinancial retail services since april the 7th have called my office 31 times with some calls being two...

Harassment!

This company is horrible when it comes to customer service. I have been behind on my payment, but never 30...

Name in defaulters

hi

i was a citifinancial customer with a loan account number 8061503 and i have closed the account by paying all the dues and received a closure letter but my name is not removed from the defaulters list yet as the payment was cleared in may 2007.
please do the needful as i was applying for a loan to pay my hospital bills and this problem accures.

Thanks
Richard David satyanadan
[protected]

not receiving payments

I have been paying my CitiFinancial account for sometime now. In the last 3 months I have mailed my payment...

Scam and fraud!

I purchased a vehicle with a Citifinancial Auto loan. After owning the used vehicle for over five years only $11,000.00 has been applied to the principle. Purchase price $30,000... In 2008, I owe $21,000.00. Never mind the fact that I was affected by Hurricane Katrina.

• Ni
    Nichole Sep 23, 2008

Honestly, everything that had taken place, you had agreed to when signing the contract!

John Oct 08, 2008

This is a company that has no problem making a customer literally pay money for their mistakes. I had been told they were charging me additionally because somehow they were informed I had had a lapse in my insurance coverage. I knew this to be false. I arranged for proof of continuous coverage to be provided by the insurance carrier. No problem. CFA accepted the proof. Then, because I refused to pay the erroneous extra charges and continued to send in only my regular payment, my account went into arrears and, yes, they took the car. Under no circumstances could I get my car unless I paid the repo fee, storage fees. Do yourself a favor and buy a horse. These people are absolutely miserable to deal with. Off to court we go. It's time for a class action suit, ...looks like.

• Cw
    CWedge411 Aug 05, 2009

Yes they did it to me as well...It's a scam...they make a mistake and push it on the people to have to clear it up. Hopeing you won't

• Et
    Ethan pulka Jun 24, 2010

I understand you sign a contract. Yet they tack on fees for unnecessary hardships. Why will you turn hardships into money? That is sad, so they will offset a payment of $420 for 1 month. Well my contract is up after 6 years if I want to keep my car I have to now pay $5, 298 for late fee and interest. I figured I payed $31, 000 for a $15, 000 vehicle at %15 interest. How is this to economically help you? With the downfall of the economy they will stick to their guns and scam you for all you are worth. What is worse, there is nothing you can do.

• Br
    briann e Dec 07, 2010

well how do I contact somebody for help this company is a straight scam!!

Suspicious fraudulent practice

I purchased a set of furniture fro the Furniture Outlet Store at Medford, MN on July 16, 2006. The Store provided me with a promotional plan by Citifinancial Retail Services which would allow me a period of 18 months to pay without interests until Jan. 16, 2008. I paid in full with a personal check in the amount of $2,264.19 dated Jan. 8 2008 and sent it out the same day along with a few other payments to other businesses. I used their provided payment coupon and sent to their Ohio P.O. Box Coulumbus. Citifinancial was the only one who claimed that my check did not reach them in time and sent me a bill dated Feb 5, 2008 for back-interests of $784.18 plus a periodic charge of $7.11. The bill reached me on Feb. 11, 2008. I called their inqury office in Tempe, AZ. I talked with diffferent people and finally got the person named Ria (who claimed to be the manager of Accounts, Custormer Services of Citifinancial Retail, but refused to give me his last name). I asked him to sent back my cancelled check. He said that the check was electronically cashed and was immediately destroyed afterward. He also suggested me to contact the postal office to find out when my was delivered to their Ohio P.O. Box. I finally obtained a copy from my own banker who made a few phone calls and was able to get me a photo image of my cancelled check within 24 hours. On the photo image of my cancelled check, we found, indeed the check was dated Jan. 8, 2008, and it was picked up by box lot and bundled with other checks and cahed it on Jan 23, 2008.

I believe they were holding my check until the deadline was past.
My wife and I are both in our seventies and are retired professionals. At our age we can hardly handle this kind of harassment and fraudulence. I would appciate very much if you can render hand to us in solving this problem. Thank you very much.

• Pa
    Patricia Beloit Feb 22, 2008

I have had similar incidents with CitiFinancial. I have mailed my payments to them in their self addressed envelope and the past three months they have not received my payment twice. So of course, they put on late fees and also add an extra payment of $2.00 to the account because it was not paid on time. I mailed this payment out 10 days in advance. I really think they have a scam going on where they do not post your account and then they can add late fees. I closed my account with them because of this and will never do business with Rooms To Go as long as they use the services of Citifinancial. I am glad to see that I am not alone with this problem.

• De
    Dennis Mar 02, 2008

Ha, I had the same problem with Citifinancial Retail. I made a payment by phone just before the due date. I told the rep on the phone that I wanted to pay off the amount in full. the next month lo and behold I get a bill for $80 in back interest. I called in and the lady apologized to me and said she would credit my account. Then another month goes by and it is $80 + $25 in late charges. This cycle continued untill now I owe almost as much as I paid for my furniture. I refuse to pay it! Is there any justice in the world? I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, but ow they just use my number to send me harrassing phone calls. These people are corrupt and unethical and they are gaming the system and taking advantage of the average joe. Next I am going after Ashley Home Furniture for doing business with these crooks!

• Ke
    Kevin Mar 25, 2008

My advice to all parties involved is to pay electronically through your banks. When you send something in the mail, you don't really have any recourse, because it's your word against theirs. In addition it is sad to say but credit card companies love people to pay late, and trust me when they make predictions about their business, rest assured that late payment/failed payments are factored into their bottom line. Is is right? Hmmmmm lots of things are not right, and it is our responsibility to protect us, otherwise the above things happen. To play devils advocate lets say a payment got lost in the mail, or got lost internally and was not posted on time and as a result you have to pay interest. If this would work then every time someone wanted to pay late they would just simply blame it on the post office and that would be that.

At the end of the day they (credit card companies) are nothing more than a bunch of blood sucking crooks. The lesson here PROTECT yourself !!!

• Me
    Meenakshi Bhatia Apr 21, 2008

i had recived a call from your recover agencies i dont know. who is this but telecaller number is 9910892470 and when i picked my phone and she told me that you are darshan kaur and i said no and she statring abusing and very augly language and she told you cheater and lawyer, you cheated bank. so decided to launch police complaint on her with this number and also make complaint on citi financial

• J
    J Jul 17, 2008

Mr. Chou,

What you are referring to--CitiFinancial holding your payments and claiming that you are late and then hitting you with default interest rates and late fees is not new within the Credit Industry.

We are in a Depression and the Credit Industry is pulling every move they can to get as much money out of the average credit consumer as they can--regardless of the means--legal or illegal.

"Providian of San Francisco" was prosecuted and found guilty of holding consumer credit card payments for 2-3 weeks in order to enure that there was a late fee and a HUGE default interest rate fee hike stuck to to all of their customers during 1999. I unfortunately was affected by the scandel as I lived in SF at the time and had a SF Providian card as well.

You are being defrauded by Citi "Trust" Bank, fsb., /CitiFinancial Services and their other subsidiaries--I highly advise that you call an attorney.

Peace,
    Hobo

• Li
    Li Li Sep 24, 2008

Mr. Chou,
    I am having lots of problems with Citifinancial Retail Services right now. I sent them and check in the mail 2 weeks before my due date for $150.00 dollars & when they processed my check they did it electronically and entered it for only $50.00. My monthly payments is $67.00. So now they added multiple late fees on to my account and are harrassing me @ my work place, my cell phone, and even calling my mother whom I do not reside with. Did you ever get your issue resolved and if so, how long did it take to get things resolved? They call me at the least 4 times a day. I have spoken with a supervisor by the name of Romeo on two occasions and he keeps stating he will get them to stop calling me, credit my account, and get things corrected. None of things have happened as of yet. This has been going on for right at two months now.

LiLi
    Florida

• Jm
    jman Mar 26, 2009

You're the idiot if you had the money and not making regular monthly payments. After using your purchase for a year and a half you post a check one week before due date!?! What an idiot. At least post 45 days in advance so you still have time to settle any delta on the final bill. You must be either young or stupid or both.

• Lo
    Louise Johnson Apr 30, 2009

I'm glad to hear others are having problems, as I have too. I call company because I had got more furniture added to my account. When I purchase furniture I was told there would be no changes to my payment just a longer period before paying no interest. BULL!! . My payment went up 104.00 more . Of course in the begining I paid the regular payment until I was hit with late fees. Yes the credit industries is trying to scam you more now than ever and I say also "PROTECT YOURSELF!!!"

• Li
    Lisa T Clum May 05, 2009

we have some of the same issues with Citifinancial retail services. They call constantly, day and night. Has anyone ever resolved their issues with citi in a positive way. What did you do. I feel so helpless right now. Although we made our final payment in advance of the due date, i believe they held the payment and now we can't prove exactly when they received it because it is their word against ours They want almost $1000 of back interest when we paid on time!!! What can I do now. They call 4 times a day!

• Cj
    CJ30 ND Oct 11, 2009

Be very aware I took Citifinancial up on there skip a payment program thinking I could use that money to get some early Christmas gifts and they ended up screwing me out of a lot of money. When you do their skip a payment program they re right your whole contract and it took me back to ground zero like I havn't paid them a thing and I have been paying for a year. BE AWARE OF THE SKIP A PAYMENT PROGRAM. THIS COMPANY TAKES YOU FOR EVERY CENT YOU GOT. STAY AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS THIS COMPANY WILL ONLY HURT YOU THEN HELP YOU AND STEP ON EVERY LITTLE GUY THEY CAN.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices