CitiFinancial Servicing Logo

CitiFinancial Servicing

Having problems with CitiFinancial Servicing?

CitiFinancial Servicing Customer Service Contacts

753 Beverly Pike Elkins WV 26241
+1 877 988 9879

2088 S Miller Parkway Milwaukee WI 53219
+1 877 988 9894

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CitiFinancial Servicing Customer Service. Initial CitiFinancial Servicing complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CitiFinancial Servicing above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CitiFinancial Servicing. Discuss the issues you have had with CitiFinancial Servicing and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Citifinancial AutoHidden insurance now part of payment

We bought a used Buick Rendezvous from a dealer and a little over 2 later it started breaking down on us, so we took it back to the dealer. They told us the warranty was out on the part and to fix it we would have to come up with $2000. Yeah, right. We demanded a new vehicle. And they sold us a Jeep Commander, and said they were sorry for the trouble, but still wound up placing the Buick loan on top of the Jeep loan. Upset down. Fine. After repeated requests, Citi lower the monthly from insane to normal $545, considering the size of the "new" loan. We made regular payments for 2 years. Now my wife lost her job, and I called Citi to see about restructuring the loan for lower payments. The guy (they always go by "Mr. so and so OR Mrs. so and so") told me if i make 3 more regular payments it could happen. Did that. Requested the modification. The lady I spoke with now, said she didn't now any rep by that name and didn't see the agreement, but said that 3 more payments and I could get the loan restructured. I felt this was just a runaround they were giving me. Then I get a letter in the mail stating that now they are charging me $116 extra on the monthly loan because I had missed some insurance payments. I missed 2 cause of her job loss but immediately picked up my insurance company again. Now they are demanding that I pay my $545 payment (which I have now been told cannot not be change because they only do 1 modification per loan, ie they lied previously), my normal insurance which is $100 comprehensive and their $116 collision insurance. Where do they think the $$$ is coming from??? I called to make arrangements to pay in August for the July payment and the lady combined the insurance and the payment but said I only needed to pay $597 (I also did this type of payment in June with them per the conversation with one of their reps). They miss-typed a digit in my bank account, and the check came back to them stated the account was closed. I talked to my bank and they said they haven't received any check from them. Citi agreed it was their foul up but is now demanding I pay the full insurance payment with my monthly payment. What???? I made the payment per arrangement, it was their fault the check came back, and now the arrangement is no good? This company is a financial crook. NEVER SIGN ANYTHING WITH CITI ON THE FORM!!! They will scam you! And they're getting massive money from the government to boot!!!

Dave1962 Oct 21, 2009

This company is wrong hoe the ydo business. I found out the hard way about hidden insurance cost. It seems tha tno matter what you do you are always behind with this company. I will never use them again. If the dealership I am going to use tries to finance me through them that dealer will lose a sale. There will be no second chance for citi auto or the dealer.

STRIDER123 Feb 27, 2010

This company is assisting Alqueada to cripple the American public right under our government's nose.

CitifinancialHigh interest

I borrowed a 10, 000 loan from CitiFinancial in 2004, the pay back is $18, 000. I purchased a car for my daughter and paid off some credit card bills. I pay $300 a month for 60 months. I got a $1, 000 loan in 2007. They refinance the loan. Let's do some simple math!! I paid $300 a month for 3 Years. $300 x12=3600 x 3=10, 800 thats what I have paid so far. I got laid off on April 30th, 2009. So, I couldn't afford to pay $300 a month. So, I called to see if they could lower my payments. They reduced my payments to $145.00 and sent me a statement saying I will pay this amount for 122 months. Lets do simple math again! $145 x 12=1, 740 a year x10 years=17, 400. So, I talked to someone in customer service and she told me that my balance was $20, 155. I have paid $10, 800 already.
    When I finish paying this loan off, I would have paid $30, 955 for a $10, 000 loan. This has to be illegal!!! I need a attorney to call me @ [protected]. My name is Brenda Brown.

• Pl
        pleasehelpme Jun 07, 2010

I have a similar situation is there someone out there that can help me out of this mess. Every month mypayments are going toward the interest. I found out last week, my loan was setup to pay the interest first. I borrowed $7, 500. Repayment will be $17, 000. $148 for 120 months. I was told the interest is taken first then the payments will go towards the principal.

Citifinancialdoubled rate & closed act. after opt-out period

My husband is a small contractor who uses a Home Depot credit card issued through CitiFinancial. We recently received a letter about an "across the board" rate hike which more than doubled the interest rate. Of course, we could have opted out, but he needed the card to do his business so we decided to stick it out. Just shortly AFTER the opt-out period ended, we now get a letter stating the company is no longer going to "carry" that card and all accounts are being closed. So now we are stuck with an outrageous interst rate and no way to use the card to continue our business, which is how we were going to pay the increased interest in the first place. If we had known the card would be closed, we would have obviously opted out. Talk about feeling raped! This may be the end us.

Citifinancial — Trying to pay my auto payment

Every month on the 5th I have an auto-pay taken out of my account for my car payment. On June 5th, no auto...

Citifinancial — Fraud and cheating

I am a customer of Rooms-to-Go and Citi Financial. On 8-13-06 I purchased items from Rooms-to-Go totaling...

CitifinancialCalling work, family and friends

I purchased my car in 2005 and the lien holder being Citi Financial Auto. At first everything was good because I paid my payments on time until last year. I lost my job after being employed for 6 1/2 years and was drawing unemployment until I could find another job. Still making my payments on time until October of last year when my hours were cut. After calling the CS department (which you stay on the phone forever) I was told I had to speak to my account manager. My account manager would never return my calls and when she did call back, she was snotty and rude. I could never get anywhere with her and she would only tell me to pay up or they would repossess the car. It took me up to May of this year to get my car payments caught up. Which was fine with them and we were to have an amendment done so that I would not owe May's payment. The amendment was never done by Citi. I moved from Indiana to Montana at the end of May. In June I called them giving them all of my information and work info so that I could get the bills needed to make my payments. It was then I spoke to James who said the amendment wasn't done and I was a month behind. I hadn't started work yet, and let him know that. Since that time now two months, Citi has called my place of work 7 times, friends and family numerous times and has made threats to repossess the car. I'm not sure what else to do with the loan company or what avenue to take anymore. In the state of Montana, a creditor cannot call your work, but that has not stopped Citi. I have told them time and time again, you will get your money and I have just started my new job. When will it end???!!! They won't listen to me and I've had it! No one in the company is willing to look at the case because I have been late 30 times in 4 yrs of having the car.

• Us
            USED IN TN Jul 16, 2009

I am having a horrible time getting them to leave me alone at work also. I have told them I do not have a home phone and they cannot continue to call my work. They have told me that I have to have a phone, I in turn told them it was nowhere in my contract that I am to have a phone. Once they give me a phone and they pay all the phone bills, then they can call me all day if they'd like but until that day comes, they need to remove my work number from their database. They advised me they have taken it off now 6 times but yet they continue to call me at work. I also am having problems with them charging me around 2500. more than what I financed. They informed me that I was late 32 times since I have had the car which I bought in 2004, they can't inform me of why they have added this amount to my car loan. I have asked to speak to a supervisor there for 5 years now and never got to talk to anyone until today. I spoke with Lana, she couldn't explain it either. I can't find anyone who can explain this to me, they keep telling me the same thing over and over again: Your payment is split up when we apply it to your account, some goes to interest and some goes toward the principle. I advised them this is normal for any loan, that still doesn't explain why they've added all this to my loan. If there are any late fees, they are to collect them when I make a payment so I don't understand. I just wish I could get somewhere with these people. I can't wait until I pay it off which will probably never happen cause they keep adding and adding. I am thinking we should all file a massive lawsuit against this company. If anyone has any information that can help me in anyway, please reply. Thanks

Used in TN

• Do
            DONNAJR Jan 28, 2010

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING!!! Never have Citi Auto finance your car. these people are out of control. If you are ONE day late on your auto loan, they start calling your home, work, friends, family. Not once a day, but every three hours from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm. If you don't answer the phone or they don't get the answer they want, they start texting you. I lost my job two years ago and have been doing the best I can to make my payments on time, sure I'm late sometimes it's been hard meeting all my bills. But they get paid within 10 to 15 days after my due date.

I was temping at a company that was considering hiring me. One day I called Citi to let them know I would be late on my payment. From that day one, Citi started calling this company every day. After my assignment ended they still kept calling this company. The person who now had the phone number I used to call Citi was now being harrassed. So this peoson went to the HR department...the HR department called the agency I was temping with. The agency was very upset with me and said they wouldn't send me out on any temp assignments again, they couldn't take the chance that Citi Auto wouldn't call another company and upset them too!!!

I thought there were laws stopping creaditors from harrassing people!!! No one deserves this kind of treatment. Does anyone know of a place or person I can go to to complain?

I'm scared everyday...this company will come and take my car. I hear horror stories all the time that they just showup and repro cars.

Citifinancial AutoIrregular/regular payments

My husband lost his job and I have been trying to get out of debt as quickly as possible. I was looking into getting a low interest personal loan from my pension to consolidate our car payment and credit cards. I have had a car loan with Citifinancial since 2006. When I called for the payoff information in April 09, they told me I still owed $11, 000. I thought this was too high, and I asked for a copy of my payment history. How illuminating that was!! according to the document I received, the outstanding balance as of 3/29/06 was $16, 350.69. As of 5/26/06, my outstanding balance was $19, 959.69!! By 7/22/06, my balance was back down to $15, 986.29. By 2/8/07, I owed $18, 239.74!! In 7/22/07, I owed $14, 665.24 and the balance has been reducing normally since then.

My payment is $381.80 and with few exceptions, over $200.00 of my payment is still going to interest. I also noticed several months where the $381.80 payment, which I sent as 1 check, was broken up as a "regular payment" and an "irregular payment".

I called the number for customer service from the payment history document and the person I spoke to was very condescending. He told me I was being charged $5.37 interest on the balance daily. This means that I have been overcharged for interest and am due that money credited to the principal of my loan. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold, only to be told one was not available. I am currently waiting for a call back, but am also writing to this complaint board to warn ALL Citifinancial Auto customers: Get a copy of your payment history. Look at the balances and how much is applied to the principal. Watch for large jumps in the amount of your outstanding balance. These people are doing something illegal, and it's time they were stopped!

gaetano scarpa Aug 09, 2009

citi financial auto which is citi bank which is citigroup all one company all there rip off consumer companys all have the same way off doing bussness everybody stay away from them may be if nobody deals with them they will go away very poor company beware

Citifinancial AutoPaid off account

On 6-18-02 we obtained an auto loan from Auto One now known as CitiFinancial Auto. This past Feb 4th of 2009 we paid the loan off by personal check. The end of Feb. we received our title and a congratulatory letter that confirmed the loan was paid in full. May 5th, 2009 I received a letter stating that there was a remaining balance of $1059. The letter ask that I send my original contract and continue making my monthly payments. I called the rep. the very next day which was the 6th of may. The rep told me that my check was returned for imaging on May 4th. He did not know what imaging was. I continued to call daily to resolve this. The original payoff was $1047.62. I should not incurr anything above my payoff amount. No one at your company can tellme what imaging is and they cannot tell me where the check is, so I called my bank to stop payment, cost of $25.00. I was told on the 8th of May to call John Heath on May 12, 2009. I called him on the 12th, 13th and 14th. and left messages. To this date May 20.2009 I have not received a return call. I ran my annual credit report and it shows my CitiFinancial Auto account as being paid in full on Feb. 2009. I want this resolved at no extra expense to me I paid this in good faith and have had nothing but problems since doing so. I would not recommend CitiFinancial Auto to anyone that I know. I guess my question is how can you release the title and release the account on the credit report and then 3 months later send a letter stating that there is still a balance. I don't feel your process of payments makes any sense .

Thanks for your time

• whatugiv May 22, 2009

I would suggest talking to the Branch Manager when you call, and then ask to talk to his boss, and keep going up the chain until you get this resolved.
                You can also start a blog with the title saying something CitiFinancial Auto Sucks! and explain your story just like above. ask people to comment and voice their opinions.
                Since your credit report says its paid off contact a lawyer and let them know you need the title but they are not releasing it even though your credit report says that there is no outstanding balance.
                Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.
                John

dawn Jun 02, 2009

I am having the same problem with them except they did sent me the title and they were actully overpaid 500 dollars that was to be sent with the title. it was not and now they are saying that if the return my money it will put my account in collections .

dawn Jun 02, 2009

I had a loan with citi auto that was paid off early we over paid them. They sent out title and letter said refund would be with title then 2 weeks latter they took another auto payment and said they will not refund they money and it would put account in delinquent status. If they sent out title to car letter paid in full may 20, 2009 then took payment may 27 2009 how our they intitled to this money and will not re fund it

CitifinancialUnethical practices of citifinancial

I have an excellent credit score and an excellent record of paying bills on time. In fact, I have no other credit card debt except for the small amount that was charged to CITIIFINANCIAL account from 1800 Mattress. And the only reason I opened the CITIFINANCIAL account was because 1800 Mattress offered no interest payments, if I opened the CITIFINANCIAL account. Majority of the time, I have made significantly higher payments on this account than what was minimally due. I believe CITIFINANCIAL intentionally avoids mailing out statements in order to generate income from late charge fees. On two separate occasions I have not received these statements and therefore missed my payments. As I am a very busy professional with a young toddler, keeping track of statement due dates was not one of my priorities. Therefore, I expect the companies such as CITIFINANCIAL to uphold their duty and mail the statements on time and every time. I have never had problems receiving other mail, such as utility bills or credit card statements from other companies. Since this occurred on two occasions, I believe this is done intentionally and is an UNETHICAL practice of CITIFINANCIAL. Since I am making all the payments with no interest, this company is not gaining a profit from my account. Therefore, I believe by not mailing statements and charging late fees is an UNETHICAL practice that this company utilizes to generate profit from each customer. I have called to dispute this late charge and the customer manager suggested that I mail a letter of dispute to their lawyers with evidence. As it is impossible to provide such evidence, I have decided to payoff my account but felt the need to share this information. My goal here is to inform the public of this complaint and suggest that by all means, PLEASE DO NOT USE CITIFINANCIAL FOR YOUR SERVICES.

• Pu
                  puff n stuff Dec 28, 2009

Is citifinancial a part of citicorp group. I understand Citi filed bankruptcy last month(Nov.) They are still no good. Citifinancial bought my loan from no good Associates Capital Bank; Citi kept my same account number from the Associates Financial debt. When I call Citi to inquire on the balance of loan using the account number I am told "that is an invalid number. Where did my payments go.

• Pu
                  puff n stuff Dec 28, 2009

(Nov.) Citifinancial is still no good they bought my loan from no good Associates First Capital kept my same account number and when I call Citi to inquire about balance the automated voice instruction says put in account number after I put in same account number it says "Sorry that is an invalid number I call again and again until I get a live person and repeat to them my account number then I am on hold for almost 45 min. Even my account statements from Citi has that exact account number on it. After all these years sending timely payments to an invalid account number. I faxed copies of letter to Mary McDowell, Pres. & CEO Citifinancial to Baltimore, MD, also spoke to her secretary.

AngryCanuck82 Nov 26, 2010

They are money vultures to the core. All they care about is $$$$$.
                  I noticed recently the last couple of payments that were over $200 were oddly... ADDED to the total... as if I didn't pay a thing. So now I'm wondering, WHAT THE HELL did I pay over $200 for, if they're just ADDING the money I paid, to the TOTAL I had in there!!!

Seriously, I think this whole company is one big effing SCAM.
                  I have been paying this loan for nearly 5 years now, and see NO signs of improvement in it. If anything, I'm getting higher and higher in debt, because I'm paying WAY more than the damn minimum.
                  Looking at better business bureau... they got an F. Not surprising, but what IS surprising is... WHAT THE HELL are they still doing AROUND? Then again, all the money they've been sucking out of poor joes like us all, is what is keeping them afloat. Hell, they've threatened to garnish my wages once or twice. EVEN WHILE I'M PAYING MORE THAN SUPPOSED I'M TO!!!

And the harassing calls, omg. I've told them repeatedly to NOT call me at work, the owner does NOT like calls like this going on while work is VERY VERY BUSY... which is ALL the time.
                  They've called me while I'm in class in the middle of a lecture almost every week... Sure, if I'm behind in payments I don't mind the reminder but when I'm paying on time, why the hell BOTHER!?

• Kh
                  khloee13 Nov 26, 2010

huh????????

AngryCanuck82 Dec 22, 2010

Miscellaneous 07/26/2010 $264.22 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $8, 103.71
                  Payment 07/26/2010 $264.22 $264.22 $0.00 $0.00 $7, 839.49

Funny how a payment I MADE went UP the same amount, eh?
                  that 264.22 is what I paid in July, and reviewing it... It went up THE EXACT same amount...
                  Isn't that illegal?
                  Yes I'm aware that it was applied to the interest, but the SAME day I paid that much, it went up JUST that amount?

CitifinancialNevever sends monthly statement, conflicting information

I recently made purchase with Ashely Furniture and had my purchase financed through Citifinancial. I have yet to receive a statement. I've called them five times now to verify my mailing address. They have assured me each time that a statement is being sent, still nothing. They say this account is not accessible over the internet so I cannot get an electronic statement and they simply refuse to fax or email one to me. I've asked where to send payments and so far have been given two different addresses, now I'm afraid to mail anything without a statement for feaer of it not being received or not getting processed properly. What can I do to make them give me a statement and continue to do so on a regular basis. I will NEVER use citifinancial again.

• Ba
                    Baby65 Feb 03, 2011

AMEN! This is the most backwards company I have ever seen. I don't get a statement either. I am in the middle of purchasing a home and the lender needed my information with Citi Financial and I found out that the it would take 10 days or more for them to get it to me. Why can't they just send one monthly like most companies. And the internet is a joke. You can't find out much there either. For whatever reason, my own account is top secret to me, they won't tell you anything.

Citifinancial Auto — Law suit/class action

Questionable Fees and late Fees? My individual case is similar to most of the postings listed here. My...

Citifinancial Auto — Reneges on payoff agreement

After reading info on this website, my3cents.com, /link removed/ and the recent lawsuit settled in California...

Citifinancial AutoHarassing calls

We have our payment arranged for automatic debit from our account. It was set up through them and is set for the 24th of every month. It has been automatically withdrawn every month for 6 months but, in the last 2 months I am receiving calls saying my payment is past due! The original loan date was the 22nd, but, when we made the auto pay arrangements that was a weekend date, so the person that set it up made it for the 24th. I have gotten no late payment fees, so that part is fine. These phone calls on the 24th start at 8 am and when you call them back to explain, this department appears not to know what is set up! No wonder they needed bailout money, they don't even know what one department does, from the other, within the same division! Heaven help us all, these "banks" are not in control of anything, except ineptness.

• Vs
                      vstiltner1 Jul 29, 2009

Having issues with them myself, and reading everyone elses issues, I believe this company is dirty and they are doing their customers this way to be able to tack on more charges and interest. Thats whats happening in my case. Somehow the payoff on my account went up 600.00 in 10 days and no one at that company can tell me why, although they also refuse to send me a printout of my account. I have also been given 4 different payoff amounts in the same day by i notice in the mail and 3 reps that answered the phone each time i called back to try to get some help. Nightmare!

STRIDER123 Feb 27, 2010

This company is assisting Alqueada to cripple the American public.

• Bl
                      B Lewis Aug 14, 2010

My car payment is only behind $145.41 for July and I get phone calls from Citifinancial starting at 8:30 am and continuing throughout the day. I got 5 phone calls in one day one day this week. I get calls from numbers that when I return the call it says it's a non working number. I get calls on a Sunday and yet the hours displayed on their site for the public does not include Sunday. I talked to a representative a day ago and explained I'll pay the July balance next week and work is slow at my job so we're in a partial layoff so I didn't know what I'd be getting in the future and the very next day I started getting calls at 8:30 am and throughout the day. I answered a call earlier in the week and when the caller asked if it was me I said yes and he hung up on me. I returned a call today and told the representative I'd talked to someone a day ago and explained my situation and yet I get calls all day long which is not necessary and is harassing. She said "I will take care of that. If we don't hear from you after one day then we call." I said that was the day after I'd talked to someone. She said "your account is in collections..." I was pissed off anyway because of getting so many calls so I hung up. How do they expect us to be home for all these calls if we work? We can't work and be home at the same time and one call a day if that is sufficient. Also, we only get paid ONCE a week so if someone says I'll pay you next week why keep calling all day from that moment on even before next week gets here? That's not going to get the paycheck to come any faster! I've even went on their website and applied for a payment solution and each time, I'm told "you do not qualify..." I'm trying but times are hard all over and things happen plus there are other bills to take care of. I was approved for a lower payment in 2008 but my citifinancial representative at that time turned around and screwed it up so it was denied and I've tried unsuccessfully several times since to apply for a lower payment but was constantly denied approval.

Citifinancial AutoPaying off loan/customer sevice

These are some of the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with. I have had my car loan with them for several years. I had it set up where my payment was automatically subtracted from my account every monthy. Before that I paid online or on the phone. I recently purchased a new car so I wanted to pay off my old car and get the title so I could sell it. Why would a company allow you to make payments online and on the phone but not pay it off that way?That makes no sense. In order to make the process easier I called them 3 times to get the EXACT payoff amount. I went and got a cashiers check and sent it in. I checked the account a week later and it said I still owed money. When I called them they quoted me an earlier payoff that was $80 more...though online it said $40.92 more. They apologized for the bad info. AGAIN, they couldn't take this amount over the phone or online. So I had to take time out of my work day and I sent the $40.92 through Western Union. So now it is paid off but I have to wait 5 days so they can send the title. The people barely speak English, they have been rude and uncooperative and a simple task like paying off a loan has been a nightmare. Just stay away from this company. They will make things alot harder than they are.

Jose123 Oct 06, 2009

I have just gone through a similar scenario paying off my loan. They recevied payment on 9/25 and I requested an expedited delivery of the title without any success. Their answering service is in India and they have no power to get things done. I requested to talk to someone in the US and they would not give you their telephone number.

One of the employees acted as if he was typing the mailing information to send a copy of the lien release note and as asked him later to repeat this information and he had typed nothing, incredible and anoying situation.

Worst customer service ever!!

I would never recommend CitiFinancial auto again

Jose Blesa
                        Houston, Texas

CitifinancialBad customer service

Citi Financial is THE WORST company to ever do business with. the customer service is awful they are rude very disrespectful and have no type of business ethics. I had been having trouble paying my car payment on time and the customer service rep asked me could my father help me and I said my father had just passed away and he had the nerve to say well didnt he leave you with some money no im sorry to hear that and I didnt know he just came out with did he leave you with some money? I dont know who they got running that compabut when I am done paying mu car off im NEVER EVER dealing with that company again. I dont recommend that financial institution to anyone.

• Cu
                          Customer Service Advocate May 01, 2009

I agree with this complaint. I am a recent "victim" of CitiFinancial customer service issues but from the branch. I am dealing with the Elmwood Park branch in New Jersey and there are threatening to garnish my wages. This is with full knowledge that I have been unemployed off and on for 8 months. They didn't even tell me that I qualified for a deferment. They, in fact, told me that I didn't qualify for any payment options and also asked if I could borrow the money from a family member. That is the most asinine question I've ever heard. If I am having trouble paying, why would I borrow money that I am unable to pay in the first place.

I took this loan out to pay off my first semester of graduate school. I will NEVER do busy with CitiFinancial again. I just hope some money falls out the sky so that I can pay them and but done with this.

• Ti
                          tippy1974 Jan 09, 2010

My husband and I are also just like you My husband has been off of work for over a year. Citi financial was eager to work with us the first couple of months. our branch manager told us to just send him partial payments. so we did then we get a call from the head office and they said that we had not made a payment at all. I told them what our branch manager had told us to do and they said that was not acceptable .so know I get a wage deduction notice in the mail. and find out that they started the wage deduction 1 month prior to notifing me. . they also emptied out our bank account. Without us being notifyed that they were garnishing that also, I have been checking with some attorneys and it is illlegal for them to do this with out proper notification that they are doing doing this we go to report this to our circut court clerk on Monday morning wish us luck in beating these worthless speck of humanity.

Citifinancial Retail Services — They closed my account!!!

I have had my Citifnancial retail account for nearly a year and a half now. Honestly, my payments are ALWAYS...

Citifinancial Retail ServicesUnauthorized charges

I had 0% promotional APR for 90 days purchasing furniture from Roomful Express - this was financed through CitiFinancial. I promptly made all payments as soon as I would receive the statements. My first two payments were posted fine except the last one was somehow delayed by 3 days after the promotional period had expired and I got hit by the accrued finance charges (balloon payment). I spoke with representative who was bit rude kept saying that I broke the contract by mailing the payment after the promotional period had expired. I politely asked him to have me speak with the supervisor, she was nice to drop finance charges by 40% but refuse to do anything else.

The last statement suggested that I should have allowed 10 business days to reach payment before the promotional period expires. However, I received the statement on 03/13/09 and my promotional date was 03/21/09 - They did not even give me 10 day time buffer to mail out my check.

Anyways, I have mailed them the payout amount today with USPS priority mail with signature confirmation. So they stop accruing any additional charges, but I am still planning to write to their dispute department. Reading several other posts on this site shows that this is nothing unusual for them. This seems like their tactic to trap consumers.

garret19 Jul 06, 2009

we have an account with them now for a sofa we got last sept 2008 . We never got the first bill for three months. I called and called and told them I needed my bill because we had the 0% interest for 48 months or what ever it is I was told you will not be charged unless you miss TWO payments in a row then they will add all interest back to account. We recvd FIRST bill with late charges and interest on it. When I called they said I was late?? I NEVER GOT THE BILL. We got that fixed and things went back to normal. I was late this past month due to hard times and was fine with the late charge . This would be MY FIRST time being late. They said I would no longer get the 0% interest and they are going to add from date we got the sofa till now back onto the account??? I called and cried they just said they would take the late fee off that was it .I told them that I was never late before and they said I was the same month we got the sofa?? I NEED HELP with this .. I can in NO WAY pay 4000.00 for a 2500.00 sofa? I have called and called they will not work with me at all .. keep saying sorry nothing I can do for you ..CROOKS CROOKS CROOKS // how can they get away with this all the time .. I see Im not the only one .. someone needs to shut them down .,

• To
                            tonya27 Jul 21, 2009

I agree, I have been disputing my late paymts with them for about 3months they are a rip off and you can not reach anyone in upper management...we need to all protest against citi financial!!!

CitifinancialFraudulent company

Unfortunately I was stupid enough to have two loans with this company. Due date for both loans are on the 15th of the month, with a 10 day grace period, after which a late fee is added. I have always made the monthly payment, if there was ever a time I was going to be late I contacted the office and let them know. I have been making payments for several years now, and yet they telephone me every month to remind me to make the payment.

Last month they telephoned my office! I was so irate I yelled at the lady that phone and reminded her that I have always made payments, that I have repeatedly told them to stop calling me, and that I specifically told them not to call me at work. I then talked with the branch manager and told him the same thing. Well guess what, this month rolls around and their calling me again. I have had it.

I am going to work very hard to get these loans paid off and then never deal with this outfit again. I just want the damned telephone calls to stop, how many years do you have to make payments to them for them to know you are a person that makes the payment? I am getting Cauliflower Ear from all the damned phone calls.

• Valerie Oct 31, 2008

I purchased a refrigerator on a 12 month same-as-cash agreement which was underwritten by CitiFinancial Retail Services. The monthly statements I received from them were for a $15.00 payment which, of course, if I had paid only that amount I would never had paid off the amount owed in 12 months. I tried to pay one-twelfth of the total owed each month, but I missed a due date a few times. Then I would double or triple up on the payment. At the end of the twelve months I had paid Citifinancial $87 dollars over the original amount and they said I still owed another $119 because the late fees of $29.00 on each of the late $15.00 bills were going to trigger the full interest charges at 22.99%. This is outrageous. I have offered to settle the dispute for another $91.96 (the full amount of interest that could have been charged on the original amount). They refused that offer and want the whole amount now due of over $210. These people are unconscionable.

• Ci
                              Cindy Mar 28, 2009

My mother has already paid 5061.00 to Citifinancial. She past away March 2008. Her bill credit limit was 2900.00 and they claim she still owes over 4000.00 dollarsWho can help us?

• Fd
                              F*d by Citifinancial Aug 09, 2009

I, too, recieved numerous harassing phone calls from the local Citifinancial office. Funny thing was, I was never late on my loan payments. The phone calls were actually sales calls trying to get me to add additional money onto my loan. They would call my home, my office, and my cell phone. Sometimes as many as 9x a day. I advised them numerous times to stop harassing me. Federal consumer protection laws protect people from such harassment, especially since I am on the national do-not call list. I eventually determined they were doing this deliberately to be f*n idiots. I filed a complaint with the state consumer protection board and sent a letter to Citifinancial's regional manager. Calls stopped. But, then guess what happened? They sued me! Advising that I was behind in payments! When in fact for 3 months I've tried to pay off the account, only to get my checks returned in the mail advising they will not accept my payoff. In the civil action filed, they wanted me to pay for their legal fees! WTF! This all happened in the last couple of months. Lucky for me...I've got the money to fight the f*n ###. I'm meeting with a lawyer this week. After reading all of these complaints, it's time this company gets its do...

• Oi
                              oinkoink Oct 09, 2009

obama my have his faults, but he hit the ball out of the park today with his proposed consumer bill. the only thing he did not say, due to politness is "citi sucks"

• Ro
                              rolobeme Mar 10, 2010

Sounds exactly like me - same situation except they call my 89 year old mother- I've had an account with them for years and have never been later than the 10 day "grace period". I hope they go broke and the blood suckers that run this loan sharking company go to jail!

Citifinancial Retail ServicesPunished for cooperating with collectors

Citifinancial can call me and try to set up payments to collect money due on an account in my husband's name alone, but when my husband pays the account off I can't call and cancel the payment arrangements because I'm not him. In essence they don't need his permission to take money from me, but they demand it in order to give it back. They would not allow me to cancel payments, and took the first payment even though the account that they collected it for had a negative seven dollar balance at the time of collection meaning it would have been correct for them to deposit seven dollars in my account. Instead they took money out and caused nsf on my account when three other payments that were legitimately made to other companies cleared. If they didn't need him to take my money they didn't need him to give it back. They're simply CROOKS!!!

Citifinancial AutoHarrassment

My complaint is that Citifinancial Auto is continually coming to my home. Twice already in one week. My payment has been sent in but not cashed. The people they send are just hired strangers trying to make a buck and have my personal information. They ask to take pictures of my car and my home, both times. The first time I allowed it the second time I didn't. I also have a police report on my son's father for threatening my life and when strangers come sitting in front of my house or ringing my door bell I automatically think he's behind this. This is a very fearful situation in my life. Is there not a limit to consumer harassment? Their records are bogus and they never are willing to work with you. I fear that if they will stoop to this level of coming to my hone every two days then it will probably get worse. What am I to do?

Kimberly

• Je
                                  Jeanne Ebersbach Apr 13, 2009

CitiFinancial calls many times during the same day and it is different phone numbers when you go to call back. Some of the time the phone number does not work. These numbers are not the one listed on the monthly statement for customer service. That is another issue. When you call after you give your account number you still have to go through the third degree. One you give the number they should have all the information and not have to question you over and over. Why would I be calling if it wasn't my account? The account is not even 2 weeks past due.

gaetano scarpa Aug 09, 2009

citi financial auto is not a good company they should work with the consumers because they dont realize that with out the american tax payer the would be no citi financial do you remember that we bailed them out us the american tax payer you and me 45 bill and the gov still hasnot been payed back very poor company

• Na
                                  Nathiest Aug 27, 2009

I am running a 2-3 weeks behind and yet I still manage to make a payment every month. I get calls from Citi, Citigroup and CitiFinancial all day long. They call me up to 6 times a day and they leave a message each time.

I called them and told them to please remove my phone number from their call list and they say that they will do so and then a few days later I'll start to get the calls again the first one is at 8:45am every morning and the last call is at 8:45pm every night.

Should I call a Lawyer?

Nathan B.
                                  [email protected]

Mark0215 Sep 29, 2009

I have even told them That I had a payment already set up.. But you are right on the 5th day you are past due you will begin receiving phone calls and every day from early in the morning until late at night... I thought there was a law against them calling you too early or too late.. I received calls from them as early as 6AM and as late as 10PM and I have never been more than 14 days past due.