Credit Acceptance Logo

Credit Acceptance

Having problems with Credit Acceptance?

Credit Acceptance Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 634 1506 (Existing Customers)
+1 800 729 7633 (Existing Dealers)
+1 800 873 0512 (Prospective Dealers)
25505 West 12 Mile Road, Suite 3000
Southfield, Michigan

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Credit Acceptance Customer Service. Initial Credit Acceptance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Credit Acceptance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Credit Acceptance. Discuss the issues you have had with Credit Acceptance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 26, 2020

Credit Acceptance — Help with lower payments

In august of last year, I had an accident in the car that I am paying the payments to credit acceptance. I...

Credit Acceptance CorporationBilling conflict

This company is trying to collect interest on a totaled car, my insurance paid them the value, plus I paid on this car for a year they got more money then what the car is valued for, these people are slimy and grimy they are reporting derogatory remarks against my credit to effect my credit and the account is closed, then they open so they can post negative remarks, I will file a complaint against this company every chance I get, they are not getting a dime from me move on slimy

Nov 23, 2019

Credit Acceptance Corporation — fraudulent car loan

This company is horrible. They have me co-signed on a loan for a car that was bought in Wyoming...but I live...

Credit Acceptance fraudulent charge

I do not even have an account with this company and they made FOUR fraudulent charges to my bank account today (10/28/19). One for $2, 000, one for $130, and two separate charges for $3.95. I called the company and verified I do NOT even have an account with them! My auto loan is with another company and the monthly payment is scheduled for auto pay, and was paid ten days ago. When I called the number, they said there's nothing they can do and disputes of their charges must go directly through my bank. Of course I already had called my bank to file disputes, but not even an apology or reason for these charges. INSANE!!! This company is terrible

Credit Acceptance Corporationauto pay

I am in a bind and no one cares!!! I am set up on a certain amount per pay period but elected to do more this one time to catch up. They drafted the same amount out this time because they are saying I didn't call to put the payment back to the normal amount. Why not reverse the credit and let me pay what I normally pay!! You don't know what bond you are putting a person in. With the hustle n bustle is work and home life it's human to err!!! I called and called and no one was willing to reverse the money and let me pay what I normally pay!!! So dissatisfied!!!

Credit Acceptance Corporation2012 kia - new tires ruined among other things that were done poorly

My name is Anna Smith. I financed through CAC in 2017 . I was late on payment and the repo guy drug my car 140 yards and my tires were damaged badly in the process. You can still see how new they were besides the super bald ruined parts. I have pictures of everything, start to end, and the pics show how sloppy and lazy the tow guy was. Please call me and I can explain all the details for you. [protected]

Credit Acceptance Corporationcar

The Kia Rio was advertised for $5200. I was advised by the dealership that the total amount with taxes will take me to about $6000. In which I wanted to pay in cash . But I was advised by the dealership that if I financed the car it will help to build my credit scores. I then asked the dealer would this affect my payments and he stated, " No, as long as you pay before the 6 months period." He didn't give any paper work to me on that day so I went back the next day to get paperwork. This is when I noticed that the figures was not right. It had increased from the original amount. I then asked for my refund he said, "you have to get it from the bank" This is why I am filing this complaint. Below is a picture of the car and the original price. Account number: [protected]

car
          car

Credit Acceptance Corporationmy vehicle repo

I called C.A. when I looked out snd saw my vehicle gone. The repo man dragged my vehicle grom whete it was parked in front o my house. You can see my tire tracks in the street. I spoke with C. A. Someone named Robert. I made arrangements to pay on my account to get my vehicle back. I told him I wouldn't be able to pay until Friday . 6/14/19. Well I paid. I called thrm back for a Release C.A. transmitted the Release to the towing people. The towing people said yor vehicle is here and i can get it but first i have to pa th 50.00 dollars to get my personal belongings. I said ok im on my way. In ten minutes from getting off the they caiied me back saying My vehicle was towed to Lansing Michigan last night. My vehicle went from Fraser Michigan to Lansing Michigan..

I stay on the Eastside know I have to find a way to Lansing. Credit Acceptance is low down and liars they rip people off of there money. I will not do business with them again. They have caused me a great inconvenience I can't even get to work because of them.

Apr 24, 2019

Credit Acceptance Corporation — the 2011 gmc terrain that was financed through credit acceptance

When I bought this car I had it for 1 month before it start to mess up. And I called credit acceptance ask...

Credit Acceptance Corporationreport fraud. breaking contract

I have a question regarding account [protected] Daniel Vanderbourgh. 2159 Beidler st apt 10 muskegon mi 49441
              I was buying the envoy 2005 from him but my ins company wanted proof of additional health insurance. I couldn't provide because I'm not on regeneration title loan nothing
              You will see proof in photos below.
              Now I'm screwed and he us having repo
              I lost all that money. I have paid every payment and the insurance. Look at the name and address. He is not even listed as a driver on my ins??
              Thanks

Credit Acceptance Corporationrepossession

You all can take the repo off my credit cause im.not paying you all high dollars amount when you all wouldnt work me when i had emergency in the family so u all came and repoed my jeep and exacpt me to pay for a jeep that i missed two payments on . Im not giving u 4, 000 and something back so u guys can remove it its been over two years i want it gonna off my credit report.

Credit Acceptance Corporationthey are a unethical, rude, predatory, greedy loan agency and will drive you to murder.

I purchased a car that was worth $7000 of the lot. I put down 30% of the value on the car and was still forced to use this company as a middle man because I had no credit. I took it all in stride as a no-frills way to build my credit. How wrong I was? I was hit with a interest of 21% for a older vehicle. The car had no way of being refinanced because of the age and credit acceptance wasn't willing to restructure my contract to make the payments more manageable. I couldn't sell it privately because of the high payments and if I turned it back in, I would lose everything I put into it plus I wouldn't get anything significant for it. I was driven crazy with the harassing phone calls (over 50 times a month) and the constant threats of repossession and litigation. The car was ended up being repossessed in January. I was constantly misled and lied to by their agents on how to get the car back and where the car was. I paid over $500 dollars to have my car released in March. When I had arrived to pick up the car, all my personal effects of value were gone and there was damage all over the body and my passenger side mirror was hanging off. Now they are trying to accuse me of damaging my own vehicle and are basically absolving themselves from any responsibility. They talk to you like you are a child and insult your intelligence when you call them out for being a predatory lending agency that preys on the poor and the desperate. Needless to say, I didn't take the car and am currently in talks with a lawyer. They know what they're doing is illegal. Litigation and tort is the only words they understand. If everyone pursues litigation against them, they will be out of business.

Credit Acceptance Corporation — bad /lemon vehicle loan

I asked about a 2004 Chevy truck today...they wanted $13, 000+ for a 14 year old truck with over 160, 000...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — repossession

I was not notified before hand if vehicle reposess on and the vehicle was taken in the middle of the night...

Foster

Credit Acceptance Corporation — employee

My husband has a automobile loan and payments are due on the end of each month. June 30th, the website and...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — unethical behavior

Two weeks ago I called on behalf of gerry metzger account no. [protected]. At the present time he is permanently...

Credit Acceptance — repossession department

My car was repossessed and after I paid to get it back I noticed that my car was missing a 2, 000 sound...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — loan

Ya know I pay my LOAN every month. It is always two weeks late based on due date/pay date. You have never not...

Credit Acceptance Corporation — auto finance over change

I just paid off a car that is worth 5000 at best, i was charged 19500 for it due to not so great credit. I...

Bay Saint Louis

Credit Acceptance Corporationnegligence

I was a customer at this bank. I have closed my account paid in full yet they still are pulling automatic payment even after I called to cancel it. I now have overdraft fees to my bank due to their negligence. I called again to resolve this and they stated that it was my negligence for not having the amount they were trying to pull even through they aren't supposed to be pulling it. Their response was their is nothing that they can do even though it's their negligence.