Citibank - Pune / citibank lost my cheque

India Review updated:
Citibank Pune has lost my Cheque & is trying to trace it for the last 6 weeks but no help

My name is Ms Anisha Tauro. I hold a Suvidha Saving's a/c & an ERA with citibank. These a/c's were set up in January 2006, when i started working.

I am currently in UK & its not possible for me to be physically available in Pune to deal with my grievance.

My company had issued me a Full & Final settlement cheque.

As i mentioned i am not in town to deal with this personally, my sister, Ms Chetna Tauro had accidently deposited this cheque in my era a/c instead of my Suvidha savings a/c . However the money was not credited. I asked her to call citibank & follow up to check what had happened & she was told that only money transferred electronically from my previous employer can be credited into the ERA a/c, hence the cheque was not honored. So now the concern was how do we get this cheque credited into my savings a/c. She spoke to various agents on th call center, but no one took ownership of he call but instead kept us in a loop of calls!!! If all the calls she made are noted, you will find all the notes of all the conversation she has had on my Suvidha Saving's a/c.

Finally in all this confusion she was told her that citibank would be send the cheque by post to us & we would receive it in a weeks time.

A week later my sister called the call center as we had not received the cheque as yet & she was again told that the cheque is lost & cannot be found, citibank will courier the cheque when it is found.

This is a serious security breach & i have EMI's passing form my a/c & i dont think citibank would take responsibility if the EMI bounces. So now, not only do i have to follow up with citibank time & again for the past 6 weeks but also make sure my a/c has enough credit balance to make sure the EMI not not bounce. This means my commitments to other important things is of lesser priority & citibank seems to have taken the topmost priority.

Its getting frustrating for me & my sister to keep following only to be told each time that the cheque is still not traced. Bearing in the mind that the cheque will not be honoured if its passes over 3 months.

I am suprised that citibank has lost a cheque & is not able to provide customer service. Whats even more worrying is that if the cheque not not been credited, why did citibank not let me know that they will not be able to deposit the cheque in my ERA a/c & return my cheque back to me?

I cant stress any more on how frustrating it is to follow up as citibank never kept us updated. The amount is quiet high & for all i know somebody must have already got it encashed! (am saying this as there is a security breach & citibank cant find my cheque & return it to me).

I don’t know what to do & I don’t know where to go!

A  10th of Aug, 2007 by
Go back to the writer of the check. See if the check has been cashed and by whom. If it has been cashed then Citibank is responsible if you deposited it and have a receipt. If it has not been cashed then have the writer of the check stop payment on old check and rewrite you a new check. Checking to see if the check has been cashed is the first thing you should of done. Second thing- Went back to bank with information from check writer. 3-With proof of having been cashed you would now have them. 4- If not cashed-get new check from check writer. 5. If check was been cashed then fraud has taken place.
D  17th of Jul, 2008 by
Dear sir/madam

my self Mr.sanjay kumar R.verma.I was deposit chque no.000194 of Rs.3934.00 on 2nd july 2008 in shahad branch near Century rayon co. but still it is not clear.please confirm & tell me regarding status of chque.it is out station chque .

My a/c no. is 5409850113
If any discripency regarding this please call me on 09923838326
D  17th of Nov, 2008 by
I transferred money from my icici a/c to Citi a/c on nov 6th but there has not been any credit to my citi a/c, icici people has given me the confirmation no. that transfer has been made but the citi customer care people are trying to camouflage their fault by saying that it is being traced, we areworking on it and blaw blaw...

Citibank Logo Citibank