Citibank Philippines / atm card replacement

1 Philippines Review updated:

Sometime June this year, I opened a payroll savings account with Citibank Philippines. I was issued an ATM card at the very same day. I was quite happy that I got the card right away. My hapiness turned into a nightmare. The ATM card issued to me was DEFECTIVE. I was in the middle of emergency when I needed to withdraw the 1st time from my Citibank ATM card. I did some shopping and was left around 40 Pesos or almost $1 (in convertion) in my pocket that day. Not enough money to buy me even a litre of gasoline, I tried to withdraw. There started the nightmare. I was just so fortunate that the gas of my car sufficed and I was able to get home. I started calling the bank and ended up requesting to have a card replacement. If you are wondering why I did not just go to CItibank and request for a card replacement from there to expedite the process, I can't. This is because I work on a night shift from Mon-Fri. We all know that banks are close on weekends. I can't sacrifice Monday morning since I have other responsibilities I have to fulfill and I am a single parent. So, since card replacement through delivery is available, I took the option. I was promised that the card will be delivered within 5-7 business days. It went on and on and today is the Nth business day and the card hasn't been delivered yet. I called CItibank's customer service almost everyday last week and everyday had been a disappointment for me. I was given false hopes and I had no choice but to bite into the bacon. People from home also had to sacrifice their time. I had to ask someone to stay and wait for the courier. These people have something to do on their own and elsewhere to go but they can't. Citibank Philippines is a bigtime ROBBER. I feel that I am being held up. It is "MY MONEY" that I can't withdraw. Today, I won't give in to hoping anymore. That's why I am starting to make my move even to as little as airing my situation, burden, disappointment and very bad experience through the internet. So, People in and from the Philippines who are planning to open an ATM/Savings account in CITIBANK Philippines, Please think twice. There are a whole lot of other Banks that you could choose from. I have been happy with the other Banks where I also have savings account. Please, let's Boycott Citibank. Thank you.

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Feb, 2009

Tama yan un boyfriend ko citibank atm din 3x na ngpapalit ng card & pin# sa citibank wla kwenta! Tapos nagagamit nya lang un card sa mismong citibank atm machines lang! Hassle mxdo! E wla naman cxa magawa pano kasi un ung pinili na bank ng company nla... Hay naku..not to mention na abala talaga kasi mdyo malayo pa na lakarin sa office nla un citibank sa ayala ave. tapos cxmpre lunch tym lang cxa nkakapunta dun nde naman pwd office hours . . . Naexperience nga nya magover the counter sa citibank every pay day eh! Sobrang abala ginagawa nla sa customers nla...tapos namumukhaan na nga dw cxa ng mga tellers dun pano pabalik balik cxa everytym na ngrreklamo & ngpapachange cxa pin kc nde gumagana un atm card nya...hay naku...ampangit talaga ng service ng citibank!!! Tapos un time na napalitan ng iba un card ng bf q buong akala namin eh mkkapagwidraw na cxa...kasi we have to withdraw downpayment for our wed supplier sana...ayun nde kami nakapagdown kc nde nanaman gumagana un atm nya! PAngit tlaga ng citibank guaranteed namin ng bf q yan!