Citibank Credit Card / blocked password and unexplained charges

1 Philippines

Today, I could not anymore log in to citibank online. It has been my habit that in any day of the way to check or track anything that goes to my citibank credit card. To my surprise, the usual password I entered is not anymore recognized. I called up their Citibank Cebu, Philippines hotline for such complain. I insisted that my laptop has never been used by anybody and I had never used any computer to open for such citibank online. I'm wondering if somebody has really breached in to my account. Does it mean that Internet Security is not anymore effective in Citibank? I was just advised by the agent that my complaint will just be raised. I did not even know what to expect cause until now I still could not log. Thus, I asked just instead for a faxed copy of the updated statement of account.

Here's another catch. Upon receipt of such statement, I was just surprised that two entries came without my knowledge; all were billed from the same vendor with one costing Php 144++ and another P844++. With my recent plight, I called up again Citibank for explanation. As verified by this another agent, such bills are already reversed and I need not to worry because these wont be part of my account anymore.

It is one of the reasons actually why I needed to open such account today to check Citibank's reply as I've already made to ask for clarification regarding such concern. Would this be a strategy for them to block the account in order to clean up the mess so that when opening again, such findings or errors never appear already?

I hope my complaint will be brought to open especially to those who experience the same. It is just unfair for a large company like Citibank to do this kind of trick.

Jo